Duration: 15 Days
The strenuous but rewarding trek is ideal for experienced hikers looking for a challenging way to explore everything Bhutan has to offer. We will experience diverse landscapes moving through the lowlands to cross intimidating mountain passes. The hike follows along the Pa-Chu River, which serves as a sacred source of water and fishing ground for countless Bhutanese people. We will continue through the traditional basecamp known for its spectacular panoramic views of Himalayan giant Chomolhari towering of the Bhutanese landscape.
- Destnation: Bhutan
- Activities: Trekking
- Duration: 14 - 21 Days
- Region: Bhutan
- Best Season: Spring / Summer / Autumn
- Group Size: 02+ Pax
Day 1 Arrival at ParoAfter arriving from your scenic mountain flight to Para, you will be greeted by a friendly representative of Good Karma Trekking who will take you directly to your hotel. After you get settled in, we will take an afternoon visit to the National Museum of Bhutan known as Ta-Dzong. The museum offers tremendous insight into the tradition and history of the Bhutanese people and government as it has changed throughout the years. We then continue to the Paro Dzong which serves as the administrate center for the district to explore the beautiful architecture of the city before having welcome drink and dinner in Paro.
Day 2 Paro SightseeingAfter breakfast we will take a 3-hour morning hike to visit the holy Taktsang Monastery. The peaceful hike offers some stunning views of the city and surrounding lowland. After resting at the viewpoint we continue to the actual monastery to learn more about the religious practices of the region while observing the daily life and practices of the local monks. This “tiger nest” monastery is one of the holiest in the region and a popular attraction for both locals and tourists alike. We will then hike back to Paro taking time to explore the charming city before returning to the hotel for the evening.
Day 3 Paro to ShanaWe will take a short drive to Drugyal Dzong passing along the valley to begin our trek. We begin by following the Paro River uphill passing a series of traditional agricultural villages gradually moving up towards Shana where will make camp for the night.
Day 4 Shana to Soi ThangthangkhaWe continue along the Paro River following an up and down trail through tranquil dense forests comprised of pine, oak and spruce trees. We continue by passing over a high bridge before moving through a rhododendron forest then re-crossing the river and making camp at an altitude of 3,630 meters to enjoy the clear star filled sky.
Day 5 Soi Thangthangkha to JangothangWe continue to climb before reaching a Bhutanese army camp used to train local soldiers in the mountain landscape. We continue past the river on a trail offering several excellent vantage points of the regional peaks towering over the lowland scenery. After lunch at a yak camp, we take a short walk to Jangothang offering views of Chomolhari and Jichu Drakey and make camp for the night
Day 6 Acclimation day at JangothangDue to high altitudes and less oxygen in the air we will take a rest to acclimatize our bodies to the prevent altitude sickness. You may either rest and explore Jangothang or take a hike to Tshophu to explore a pristine glacial lake at the base of Chhomolhari before returning to the camp for the night.
Day 7 Jangothang to LingshiWe follow the path along a stream before crossing and continuing up a scenic ridge providing views of Chomolhari, Jichu Drakey and Tsrim Gang. We will then continue towards to the valley and cross the Nyele La pass at 4,890 meters before continuing down to the Lingshi camp. We will take time to enjoy the high altitude majestic views of the Himalayas and Lingshi Dzong before making camp.
Day 8 Lingshi to ShoduWe move along a path opposite the Dzong climbing 4 hours to the 4,800 meter Yelela pass. This windy path offers some of the best views of our hike and allows you to look out among the entire region spanning the mountain peaks and the lowlands. We then continue on a downward path to make camp in Shodu.
Day 9 Shodu to BarshongAs we continue down the mountain we slowly cross from barren land back to the forest landscape. We continue along the Thimphu River through tranquil rhododendron and juniper forests passing along a trail offering views of steep ridges and relaxing waterfalls. After lunch we will continue to see the ruins at Barshong Dzong before making camp for the night.
Day 10 Barshong to DolamkenchoWe continue down the alpine forest before following the Thimphu River and reaching a traditional Yak meadow. After passing through Dodanda we will take time to explore a small town and enjoy the local scenery before stopping to rest for the night.
Day 11 Dolamkencho to Thimphu via Dodena We continue our descent passing through a bamboo forest to the town of Dolamkencho where we will rejoin the Thimphu River. After a short hike we will arrive in Dodana and drive to the capital city of Thimphu to explore the bustling streets in the evening before resting at your hotel.
Day 12 Thimphu Sightseeing We will begin with a trip to the National Memorial Chorten honoring King Jigme Dorji Wangchuk for his dedication to Bhutan before exploring the Changangkha Temple and National Animal Sanctuary known for its scenic views of Thimphu. We then continue to the Spiritual Zilukha Nunnery and Dechenphodrang monistic school before lunch. We then continue to the National Library, School of Arts, traditional handicrafts center and the local goldsmiths while admiring the diverse craftsmanship of the Bhutanese people. We finish the day with a visit to the Tashi Chhodzong, which serves as the parliamentary capital known for its traditional architecture. We then take some time to explore the charming city before returning to the hotel for the evening.
Day 13 Thimphu to PunakhaWe will depart early to drive to Dochula to have breakfast in one of the most pristine vantage points of the eastern Himalayas offering panoramic views of many of the regions giant peaks. We then continue to Punakha to visit the legendary Punakha Dzong known for its unmatched beauty intricacy and location along the Pho-Chu an Mo-Chu Rivers. Finally we move to Nyzergang to visit the spiritual Khamsum Yuelly Namgyal Temple before traveling to Punahka for the night.
Day 14 Punakha to Paro We take an early morning ride to Thimphu to stop for lunch. We will have a few hours to explore the capital city to do some souvenir shopping or appreciate the traditional architecture before taking an evening drive to Paro.
Day 15 DepartureDepending on your flight time you may be able to see a few more attractions before departing approximately 3 hours before the scheduled flight time. You will be escorted to the airport with a representative from Good Karma trekking staff. After our farewells, you will have plenty of time to plan your next adventure with Good Karma, as one time is never enough.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car / van / bus (all airport transfers).
- Standard government approved accommodation (in twin share rooms) for the duration of tour.
- licensed English speaking Bhutanese Tour Guides.
- All Monument /Museum sightseeing tours, entrance Fees as per itinerary.
- All meals fixed breakfast, lunch & dinner with Tea and Coffee while remaining in Bhutan
- Government Royalty (which is 35% of $250) this goes to the country's health & education projects.
- Private Transport & Driver within Bhutan. (Imported Prado's, Micro Buses & Toyota Coaster Buses)
- Toyota 4 X 4 luggage vans & light trucks for group travel
- All our government taxes.
- Tourist service charge, vat.
- Official expense
- Bhutan Visa Fees and Visa Processing assistance
- Bottled/alcoholic/cold drinks, room service and al a cart meals.
- Your travel insurance (compulsory).
- International airfares and airport departure tax.
- Photography charges (if and when applicable).
- Items of a personal nature such as laundry.
- Personal Equipment.
- Tips to guides, restaurants, hotel lobby. (Tipping is expected.)
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.
Marshyangdi River RaftingMarshyvangdi is an excellent aventure packed trip offering very steep and challenging rapids along the…
Duration: 3 Days
Meeting & Conference
Sarankot Dhampus HikingThis 3 day 2 night hiking trip is a Nepalese classic. The path passes through…
Duration: 5 Days
Sun Koshi River RaftingBoasting warm water, the Sun Koshi is know for its foamy water and narrow canyons…
Duration: 10 to 11 Days
Yoga Ayurveda & Spa
- Sport fishing, like hunting receives little attention in Nepal as few Nepalese pursue this leisure…
- Marshyvangdi is an excellent aventure packed trip offering very steep and challenging rapids along the…
- Ever since Eric Valli published a book and made a film on Honey Hunting, it…
- Adventure Himalayan helicopter flight over the Himalayas is a unique and adventurous way to see…
- Good Karma Trekking organize meeting and conference in major city of Nepal like Kathmandu Pokhara…
- This 3 day 2 night hiking trip is a Nepalese classic. The path passes through…
- Boasting warm water, the Sun Koshi is know for its foamy water and narrow canyons…
- Meditation Centers Meditation has steadily gained popularity over the last decade resulting in numerous centers…
- Meditation has steadily gained popularity over the last decade resulting in numerous centers throughout Kathmandu.…