Duration: 24 Days
An excellent combination of challenging trekking through a series of Annapurna Peaks and climbing to the Chulu East Peak is an ideal trip for those looking to combine the thrill of the region with the challenge of ascending to a scenic mountain peak. View a wide range of natural and cultural diversity as you gradually move from the grassy lowlands to a remote mountain peak. Ideal for those looking for a technically simple but challenging trip, Chulu East offers tremendous panoramic vies of the Annapurna II, III, IV, Gangapurna, Manaslu, Dhaulagiri and Tilicho from above the clouds. Those with a sense of adventure and previous trekking experience will find the adventure of a lifetime atop the scenic Chulu Peak.
- Destnation: Nepal
- Activities: Peak Climbing
- Duration: 21 + Days
- Region: Annapurna
- Max. Altitude: 6584m
- Best Season: Spring / Summer / Autumn
- Group Size: 02+ Pax
Day 1 Arrival in KathmanduUpon your arrival to the airport, you will be greeted by the friendly Good Karma Trekking staff who will escort you to your accommodation in Kathmandu. After settling in and exploring the streets of Thamel, we will arrange a special welcome diner featuring local specialties to introduce you to the city and the Good Karma team.
Day 2 Kathmandu SightseeingToday we will take a tour featuring the highlights of Kathmandu including several UNESCO world heritage sites such as Durbar Square and Pashupati temple before visiting Sqayambhunath, and Buddha Nath, which is one of the largest Buddhist stupas in the world. After lunch, we will hold a briefing with your trekking guide addressing any questions or concerns you may have about your trip.
Day 3 Drive to Besi Sahar [820m] [drive approx 6 hours] Today we will review our plan and begin our Annapurna trekking adventure. After driving along the Kathmandu-Pokhara Highway to Dumre past the Marsyangdi River. We will pass through several scenic low-lying villages and rice fields. After 6 hours, we will reach Besi Sahar; the capital of the Lamjung District.
Day 4 Trek to Khudi [790m] From Besi Sahar, we follow the trail along the canal on the outskirts of the village before descending the narrow path to the Pam Khola. After crossing the stream, we ascend towards the village of Denauti, which will be your first experience with authentic Nepali villag. The route continues along the banks of the Marshyangdi Khola, passing through paddy fields and subtropical forests. As the trail nears the Khudi Khola, we approach the Gurung village of Khudi.
Day 5 Trek to Bahundanda [1310m] As continue through the Marsyangdi Valley, we get our first views of the magnificent Annapurna mountain ranges. The trail then continues past a series of suspension bridge and follows terraced rice fields offering breathtaking view of Manaslu and picturesque cascading waterfalls. As the trail continues uphill, we pass Ngadi village. Before passing through the challenging trails to Bahundanda. Bahundanda literally means "Brahmin hill" and as the name suggests Bahundanda is largely inhabited by Brahmins; the people who will host us for the evening.
Day 6 Trek to Jagat [1290m] A steep trail descends from Bahundanda, through rice fields, before crossing a stream at the bottom of a small waterfall. It then rises again and traverses the hillside high above the river before reaching the village of Hani Gaon. Ahead, the Marshyangdi valley forms a steep V-shape. We follow the winding mountain path through Syange along a relaxing river. The trail then climbs steeply and the path cuts into the sheer cliff-face some 200-300m above the riverbed. We will descend to the famous stone village of Jagat, situated on a shelf, jutting out into the precipitous Marsyangdi valley.
Day 7 Trek to Dharpani [1920m] The trail from Jagat descends until it reaches the river and then continues through a charmingly lush forest. Further ascent leads to sharp-edged cliff facing the riverbank. Along the way Chyamje comes into vies amidst the towering Annapurna mountain ranges. After crossing a suspension bridge, we continue our climb towards the challenging path to Sattale. After treading along a succession of rock-laden trails, we descend to a grassy riverbank passing through Tal as the trail becomes increasing difficult and narrow. We then approach the steep forested village of Karte before passing along waterfalls and cliffs for our arrival at Dharapani.
Day 8 Dharapani to ChameAn uphill journey takes us to the village of Chame known for its hospitality and spectacular views. This will be your first chance to take in panoramic vies of Annapurna II, III and Lamjung Himal.
Day 9 Chame to PisangA steady uphill climb takes us from Chame to altitudes over 3000 meters. You will notice the surrounding changing as natural trees and plants become more scarce as the terrain begins to shift to a drier more desert like environment.
Day 10 Pisang to JuluWe continue along the mail trail leading to the Chegaji Khola Valley on the way to the Chulu East Base Camp. We will continue uphill through a juniper and pine forest before reaching the area known as Julu. This riverside flatbed is an ideal place to make camp and enjoy the star filled sky while we relax by the fire at our camp.
Day 11 Rest DayTo protect against altitude sickness, we will take an acclimation day where you are free to relax with the locals or take a few short hikes to admire the local scenery and learn more about the life of the local hill people.
Day 12 Julu to Yak KharkaThe trail moves across the Cheggi Khola River before gradual rising to a peaceful apple field known for its stone huts and scenic vantage points. We continue past a powerful waterfall fed from a tall cliff in the distance before arriving in a small meadow used to feed local goats and yaks. Finally, we arrive in Yak Kharka where we will make camp near a stunning ridge offering views of the powerful mountains looming over the valley
Day 13 Trek to Base CampAfter enjoying a scenic morning sunrise, we continue along the winding trail before the meadow meets a large rock formation. We will camp near a stunning viewpoint offering views of the Annapurna giants towering over the clouds.
Day 14 Rest DayWe will take a full day rest to adjust to the high altitude. You have a free day to relax, chat with locals, prepare your equipment for the following day or take a few short hikes to enjoy the local scenery.
Day 15 Trek to High CampAfter packing and arranging our equipment, we move along the trail admiring the rapidly changing landscape as we reach higher elevations. We then continue along a steep trail leading to the strategic high camp location that will allow the best access to the peak. We will set up camp here and enjoy a timeless panoramic sunset as the mountains reflect the pinkish sunlight over the mountains.
Day 16 Chulu East PeakThe climb will take a full 2 days and we begin climbing along the glacier through slippery ice trails. We will stop at several breathtaking vantage points before reaching a glacier composed of stone steps leading the way to the top. We then continue the journey to the peak of Chulu East stopping to admire the panoramic scenery and celebrate the highlight of our trek. We then return back to high base camp for some much needed rest.
Day 17 Chulu EastWe will take a hike along the glacier to reach the other side of Chulu East to ensure we have taken all the best views in the region. After stopping at the various vantage points and having lunch we will return to high base camp for the night.
Day 18 Trek t Base CampWe will take a light day and return back down to the basecamp taking plenty of time to descend safely on the slippery trail. Upon arrival at the base camp you may either rest or take a short hike to enjoy more of the local scenery.
Day 19 Trek to ManangWe will return to the orginal path leading to Manang passing through several agricultural fields taking time to stop at the Bryaga Monastery to see the daily routines of the local monks. The monastery is famous for its timeless views of the Annapurna region and we will stop to enjoy the spiritual mountain scene. We then continue to the hospitable area of Manang known for its flat houses and traditional handicrafts.
Day 20 Trek to Thorung PhediThe trail from Letdar continues as we climb gradually to a ridge before descending to the headwaters of the Marshyangdi River via a covered wooden bridge. After a short ascent up the mountain path on the right bank, we follow a narrow trail across an unstable steep slope and then descend to Thorung Phedi.
Day 21 Trek to Muktinath and Thorung LaWe have an early start today for the crossing of Thorung La [5416m]. The trail becomes steep immediately on leaving camp, but as local people have used this trail for hundreds of years, the path is well defined. The gradient flattens after around 4 hours of steady climbing, we reach chorten as prayer flags form our pass. From the snow-covered mountains above, to the head of the Kali Gandaki valley below we are surrounded by the brown and purple hills of Mustang offering a once in a lifetime vantage point. The descent to Muktinath is a 1600m trek. But the excellent views of Dhaulagiri, more then makes up for the tiring journey. Eventually the moraines give way to grassy slopes before a pleasant walk along the Jhong Khola Valley to Muktinath, home to many curious shrines and temple.
Day 22 Muktinath to JomsomWe will head down the Kali Gandaki Gorge past the town of Kagbeni before arriving in Jomson. We will stay here for the night to learn more about the local culture and customs of the Tibetan people while exploring the peaceful town.
Day 23 Jomson to PokharaWe will return along the short 35-minute flight route to Pokhara. You will be able to spot some of the villages you hiked through on your flight as we return to the lakeside town of Pokhara before continuing on to Kathmandu.
Day 24 DepartureDepending on your flight time you may be able to see a few more attractions in Kathmandu before departing approximately 3 hours before the scheduled flight time. You will be escorted to the airport with a representative from Good Karma trekking staff. After our farewells, you will have plenty of time to plan your next adventure in Nepal with Good Karma, as one time is never enough.
- All airport/hotel transfers
- Guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu
- Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu flight and departure taxes
- Accommodations in Kathmandu in Breakfast and Bed basis (Plz let us know what category hotels do you prefer)
- Teahouse/Lodge and tented accommodation during trekking and climbing session
- Three times meals in Mountain: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner,
- All ground transportation as per the itinerary program by private vehicles
- All necessary staffs with experienced English speaking climbing and trekking leader (guide), cook, assistant climbing leader, Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter), other helpers as per requirement for the climbing section including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- All necessary paper works; trekking permits & Climbing permits
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, Good Karma Trekking duffel bag, t-shirt, and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion or if you have your own and wants to bring you are also welcome .)
- Group Mountaineering climbing and camping equipment for climbing part high quality North Face or Mountain Hardware tents for camping and kitchen, dining, toilet tents, mattresses, kitchen equipments
- Travel and rescue arrangements
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- Exclusive Medical Kit Bag
- All government and local taxes
- Nepal Visa fee
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Altitude chamber (PAC) or oxygen
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu(and also in the case of early return from mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottled or boiled water, shower, heater, etc.)
- Tips for guides and porters
Marshyangdi River RaftingMarshyvangdi is an excellent aventure packed trip offering very steep and challenging rapids along the…
Duration: 3 Days
Day hiking near KathmanduChampadevi: Roughly 2300 meters in elevation the pilgrimage includes a trip to both an important…
Duration: 1 Day
Meeting & Conference
Sun Koshi River RaftingBoasting warm water, the Sun Koshi is know for its foamy water and narrow canyons…
Duration: 10 to 11 Days
- Public transportation in Nepal can be very stressful and hectic and many may wish to…
- Marshyvangdi is an excellent aventure packed trip offering very steep and challenging rapids along the…
- Ticketing for transportation including flights and buses varies from international norms and online bookings are…
- Volunteering in Nepal creates a mutually beneficial and rewarding experience for everyone involved. Although a…
- Champadevi: Roughly 2300 meters in elevation the pilgrimage includes a trip to both an important…
- Sport fishing, like hunting receives little attention in Nepal as few Nepalese pursue this leisure…
- Good Karma Trekking organize meeting and conference in major city of Nepal like Kathmandu Pokhara…
- Nepal serving as the nexus of Buddhist and Hindu culture and traditions makes an ideal…
- Boasting warm water, the Sun Koshi is know for its foamy water and narrow canyons…