Duration: 12 Days
Nepal is home to a wide range of ethnic groups living in different areas of the country. One of the most fascinating and mysterious groups are the Gurungs who live around the Annapurna range and still practice the traditions and festivals that have been passed down through countless generations. Known for their cliff climbing honey hunting, warm hospitality and prominent role of women, this trip offers unique cultural insights to some of Nepal’s most interesting people while combining the spectacular views of the Annapurna region featuring some of the world’s highest mountain peaks. All accommodation during the trek will be in organized home stays to enable you to learn the language, traditions and craftsmanship of the warm indigenous people.
- Destnation: Nepal
- Activities: Trekking
- Duration: 7 - 14 Days
- Region: Annapurna
- Best Season: Spring / Summer / Autumn
- Group Size: 02+ Pax
Day 1 Arrive in Kathmandu [1300 m/4264 ft]Upon your arrival in the Kathmandu airport (TIA), you will be greeted by a representative from the Good Karma Trekking team holding a sign with your name in the parking lot. After a brief introduction, you will be escorted to your hotel. After check in, and welcome drinks you will be free to explore around the backpacker haven of Thamel.
Day 2 Kathmandu [1300 m/4264 ft]: Today after breakfast we will start a guided tour to several of the most historical and spiritual attractions in Kathmandu including Durbar Square, and Pashupati temple that are both Unesco World Heritage Sites. You will also visit the famous 'Monkey Temple' (Swayambunath) and Buddhists shrine (Buddha Nath) that is one of the large Stupas in the world. Afterwards, you will meet with your trek leader for a briefing and a short question and answer section about your trip. You will also have time to shop for any additional trekking equipment with staff assistance if necessary.
Day 3 Kathmandu to Khudi and Ghale GaonWe will take a 5 hour scenic bus ride through the Kathmandu valley admiring the classic architecture, timeless terraced rice fields and views of the mightly Trishuli River on the way to Khudi. We will then take a hike to the village of Ghale Gaon to stay your first night with a local Gunung family enjoying their traditions and sampling some local food.
Day 4 Ghale Gaon TourToday is spent exploring the peaceful and relaxing village of Ghale Gaon taking time to speak with locals and observing daily life. You will be surrounded by breathtaking scenery in a valley featuring a strong river, terraced fields, waterfalls and a culture that seems untouched my modern life. Help you hosts in the fields, milk cows and prepare regional delicacies in the traditional methods and become like family with you hosts.
Day 5 Ghale Gaon to GhanpokharaWe will depart Ghale Gaon and take a relaxing hike through the beautiful Himalayan range spotting ancient honey hunting locations as you pass through a series of bridges along the river before arriving in the town of Ghanpokhara.
Day 6 Ghanpokhara to BhujungWe will take a down hill walk to the village of Bhujung arriving in time for lunch with your new hosts. Take time to explore the area or the village with your hosts or relax and enjoy the hospitality of the Gurung villagers.
Day 7 Bhujung to PasgaonAfter a morning hike to enjoy several waterfalls and ridges offering views of Manaslu, you will arrive in the Gurung town of Pasgaon. This area is known for having one of the most efficient hydroelectric facilities in the country which provides much needed energy for the region and much of Nepal.
Day 8 Pasgaon to Nagidhar and PakhrikotWe will hike through the lower levels of the Annapurna region before arriving in Nagidhar for lunch and some time to relax. We will then continue 3 hours to Pakhrikot where you will meet and exchange pleasantries and stories with your new host family.
Day 9 Pakhrikot to PokharaToday is our last day of hiking and we continue to the peaceful lakeside town of Pokhara. Take some time to explore the backpacker town, visit a few waterfalls or take a relaxing boat ride in the scenic lake reflecting some of the Annapurna peaks. Pokhara is also home to a mountaineering museum and a famous peace pagoda overlooking the mountains and lake.
Day 10 Pokhara to KathmanduWe will either drive or fly back to Kathmandu according to your budget and preference spending the evening the backpacker area of Thamel.
Day 11 Free day in KathmanduToday you will have all day to explore Kathmandu seeing any sights you may find of interest. Take time to explore the cities countless temples or walk around thamel to purchase souvenirs. The day is yours to spend as you please and the friendly Good Karma Trekking staff will be happy to assist you with any of your needs. We will arrange a farewell diner to celebrate the completion of your journey to Nepal.
Day 12 DepartureDepending on your flight time you may be able to see a few more attractions in Kathmandu before departing approximately 3 hours before the scheduled flight time. You will be escorted to the airport with a representative from Good Karma trekking staff. After our farewells, you will have plenty of time to plan your next adventure in Nepal with Good Karma, as one time is never enough
- Airport pick up & Transfer to hotel
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis (Tourist Standard Hotel to Five Star deluxe Hotel in Kathmandu as you prefer )
- Government license holder Trekking Guide.
- Trekking porter /Sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking.
- Three time meal during the trekking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Trekker’s Information Management system (TIMS)
- Annapurna Conservation Fee
- Overland Transportations Bus ,car, & flights as you prefer
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, Good Karma Trekking duffel bag, t-shirt, and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion)&( optionally if you have your own bags, down jackets and wants to use your own you are free to bring them)
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- Trekking guide and porters accommodation, fare, meal, equipments and salary & Insurance
- All program as mentioned in itinerary.
- Government Tax and office service charge.
- Welcome Dinner
- Airport drop
- Nepal Visa fee
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, Soft drinks such as cola, , shower & any Purely personal nature expenses etc)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Tips for guides and porters
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
- City Tour entrance fees in Kathmandu and Pokhara while entering Temple and Monastery
Nagarkot Dhulikhel HikingThis 3 day 2-night trek offers a chance to combine Nagarkot and Dhulikhel which are…
Duration: 3 Days
Seti River RaftingThe warm and welcoming Seti River is excellent for a more relaxed rafting experience for…
Duration: 2 Days
Karnali River RaftingThe Karnali, known as one of the strongest and most beautiful rivers in the region…
Duration: 10 Days
Sarankot Dhampus HikingThis 3 day 2 night hiking trip is a Nepalese classic. The path passes through…
Duration: 5 Days
Yoga Ayurveda & Spa
Bhote Koshi River RaftingThe Bhote Koshi offers spectacular views of valleys and gorges while offering many challenging rapids…
Duration: 1 to 2 Days
- This 3 day 2-night trek offers a chance to combine Nagarkot and Dhulikhel which are…
- The warm and welcoming Seti River is excellent for a more relaxed rafting experience for…
- Ticketing for transportation including flights and buses varies from international norms and online bookings are…
- The Karnali, known as one of the strongest and most beautiful rivers in the region…
- This 3 day 2 night hiking trip is a Nepalese classic. The path passes through…
- Meditation has steadily gained popularity over the last decade resulting in numerous centers throughout Kathmandu.…
- The Bhote Koshi offers spectacular views of valleys and gorges while offering many challenging rapids…
- Volunteering in Nepal creates a mutually beneficial and rewarding experience for everyone involved. Although a…
- The latest adrenaline cocktail of choice is Canyoning, an activity that involves abseiling, sliding, jumping,…