This 14-day tour combining the regional highlights of Mt. Kailash and Lake Manasorovar offers a great way to visit more secluded areas of Tibet offering a more genuine experience and interaction with the locals and their culture. Combine the scenery of towering mountains, the tranquil and timeless Lake Manasorovar and complete the holy pilgrimage to Mt. Kailash all in one trip to learn all about the nature, culture, spirituality and hospitality of the mysterious Tibetan people on the adventure of a lifetime.
- Destnation: Nepal
- Activities: Tours
- Duration: 7 - 14 Days
- Region: Tibet
- Best Season: Spring / Summer / Autumn
- Group Size: 02+ Pax
Day 1 Kathmandu to Nylam(3750m)Today we will take a scenic drive to Nylam passing from high mountain regions to lower altitudes passing through scenic rice fields and strong rivers before arriving in Nylam to get our first sights of the Tibetan city. Tour starts form Good Karma Trekking office on early morning at 06:00. Drive to Dhulikhel, stop for breakfast and then again drive to Kodari which is 114 kms from Kathmandu takes 05-06hrs. Upon arrival our tour escort will help you to go through immigration formalities in Nepali part and after immigration formalities 03-04 minute walks to other side of the border i.e. Tibetan part, there will be our Tibetan Guide and helps to go through Chinese immigration formalities. Drive to Zhangmu, lunch break and then drive to Nyalam (30 kms from Zhangmu takes 2 hrs uphill drive.) Overnight in Guest house.
Day 2 NYALAM (3750m) Rest day to Acclimatize Rest day for acclimatization. Overnight in guesthouse
Day 3 Nyalam (3750m) to Saga ( 4050 m )After an early breakfast, we will pack up camp and drive to the blended Chinese and Tibetan town of Saga. The city is the famous starting location for those beginning the spiritual pilgrimage to the holy Lake Manasarovar and Mt. Kailash. We will continue our journey through the Thong La Pass taking time to admire the timeless view of Shisha Pangma towering above the Himalayan landscape. After taking some time to explore the surrounding areas, we will take in a scenic sunset before making camp for the night.
Day 4 SAGA ( 4050 m )– MANASAROVAR (4,590 metres (15,060 ft)Early morning drive to Manasarovar which takes 8-9 hour drive, 4550m in elevation and overnight in guest house. We take a long and bumpy 10-hour drive through a scenic region home to multiple rivers and scenic mountain passes. We will stop at several historical vantage points to see the dramatic Tibetan landscape as it transforms along our trip. Upon arrival at the lake we will take time to explore and learn more about the history of the holy waters before making camp at Hor Qu.
Day 5 MANASAROVAR (4,590 metres (15,060 ft) – DARCHEN( 4,575)Explore Lake Manasarovar in the morning and drive to Darchen which is 1 hour drive and, 4,560 m in elevation and overnight in guest house.
Day 6 DARCHEN( 4,575) – DIRAPUK(4890)After early morning breakfast trek starts (The Kora begins) and after 5 – 6 hours trek to Dirapuk, 4,890 m in elevation and overnight in guest house.We continue our drive to the town of Darchen, which serves as the main gate for those taking the Kailash pilgrimage. This holy location is visited by thousands of spiritual travelers and pilgrims every year. We will continue using a yak or pony for transportation when we start the circuit trek the following day.
Day 7 DIRAPUK (4890)– ZUTULPUK (4790m)Parikrama continues to Zutulpuk which will takes approximately 08 hours, 4,790m in elevation and overnight in guest house.
Day 8 ZUTULPUK (4790m) – DARCHEN (4575m)– PARAYANG (4500m,)End treks at Darchen and drive to PARAYANG and overnight in guest house.
Day 9 PARAYANG (4500m) – SAGA ( 4050 m )Drive to Saga and overnight in guest house.
Day 10 SAGA ( 4050 m ) – LHATSE 4050 metres (13,290 ft)Drive to LHATSE and overnight in G. house.
Day 11 LHATSE 4050 metres (13,290 ft) – RONBUK (EBC)4,980 metres (16,340 ft)After Breakfast drive to Ronbuk, excursion to the Everest Base Camp(5152m) and visit Rongbuk Monastery. Overnight in guest house.
Day 12 RONBUK - SIGATSE (3,900M), 244 Km, APPROX 06-08 HRS DRIVE.Scenic drive through the highest point, Gyatchu La pass (5,220m) en route to Lhasa via Latse. Overnight in hotel.
Day 13 SIGATSE –GYANTSE (3,950M), 90KM, APPROX 2 HRS DRIVE.Morning sightseeing to the Panchen Lama’s Tashilumpu Monastery. Drive through the Tibet’s biggest Agricultural field to Gyantse and visit to the Kumbum Stupa & Palkor Monastery. Overnight in Hotel.
Day 14 GYANTSE – LHASA 3,490 metres (11,450 ft:261 KM.Full day picturesque drive along the turquoise lake Yamadrok, crossing over Kampala Pass (4794M) and the Brahmaputra River (Yarlung Tsangpo). Overnight in hotel.
DAY 15 – 16: IN LHASA. 3,490 metres (11,450 ft)Two full day sightseeing tour to Lhasa including JOKHANG TEMPLE, BARKHOR BAZAAR, POTATLA PALACE, DEPRUNG AND SERA MONASTERIES. Overnight in Hotel.
DAY 17 LHASA3,490 metres (11,450 ft) – KATHMANDU (1300M)Fly back to Lhasa – Ktm. Early morning drive to Gongaar airport for departure flight to Kathamdu or to your onward destination.
- Transportation by Van / Minibus
- Transportation by Van / Minibus
- Accommodation in budget hotel/guest house on BB basis
- All meal will be served in local restaurant
- TTB permit and Kailash permit
- Monastery Entrance fees
- Yak and Yak man during Kailash kora for transportation of Luggage
- All sightseeing by English speaking Tibetan guide
- Nepal re-entry visa fees
- Sleeping Bag and Down Jacket
- Insurance of any kind
- Expenses of personal nature
- Emergency evacuation Cost
Day hiking near KathmanduChampadevi: Roughly 2300 meters in elevation the pilgrimage includes a trip to both an important…
Duration: 1 Day
Meeting & Conference
Yoga Ayurveda & Spa
- Champadevi: Roughly 2300 meters in elevation the pilgrimage includes a trip to both an important…
- Paragliding is perhaps the most rewarding of short duration adventure sports given the fact that…
- Nepal serving as the nexus of Buddhist and Hindu culture and traditions makes an ideal…
- Volunteering in Nepal creates a mutually beneficial and rewarding experience for everyone involved. Although a…
- Public transportation in Nepal can be very stressful and hectic and many may wish to…
- Good Karma Trekking organize meeting and conference in major city of Nepal like Kathmandu Pokhara…
- .We have major destination covered including kathmandu , Pokhara Chitwan , Lumnini, Nagarkot and many…
- Meditation has steadily gained popularity over the last decade resulting in numerous centers throughout Kathmandu.…
- Meditation Centers Meditation has steadily gained popularity over the last decade resulting in numerous centers…