Duration: 15 Days
We are proud to offer an exciting combination blending the best of diverse Nepal with Darjeeling, Sikkim spirituality and the traditional Bhutanese culture. We will visit the temples and spiritual side of Nepal before continuing to explore the diverse climate spotting rhinos on an elephant back safari before continuing to the peaceful tea gardens in Darjeeling. Visit the home of Sikkim before traveling to Bhutan to appreciate timeless cultural traditions while visiting the highlights of the mysterious mountain country.
- Destnation: Nepal
- Activities: Tours
- Duration: 14 - 21 Days
- Best Season: Spring / Summer / Autumn
- Group Size: 02+ Pax
Day 1 Arrive in Kathmandu [1300 m/4264 ft] Upon your arrival in the Kathmandu airport (TIA), you will be greeted by a representative from the Good Karma Trekking team holding a sign with your name in the parking lot. After a brief introduction, you will be escorted to your hotel. After check in, and welcome drinks you will be free to explore around the backpacker haven of Thamel.
Day 2 Kathmandu [1300 m/4264 ft]Today after breakfast we will start a guided tour to several of the most historical and spiritual attractions in Kathmandu including Durbar Square, and Pashupati temple that are both Unesco World Heritage Sites. You will also visit the famous 'Monkey Temple' (Swayambunath) and Buddhists shrine (Buddha Nath) that is one of the large Stupas in the world. Afterwards, you will meet with your trek leader for a briefing and a short question and answer section about your trip. You will also have time to shop for any additional trekking equipment with staff assistance if needed.
Day 3 Drive to ChitwanWe will take a scenic 5 hour drive through the peaceful Kathmandu Valley passing through terraced rice fields along the mighty Trishuli River before arriving in Chitwan to experience the traditional Tharu Stick Dance in the evening.
Day 4 Chitwan National ParkToday will consist of a full day of jungle activities at Chitwan National Park. We will begin with an elephant back safari to spot wild rhinos, deer, monkeys and possibly the elusive Bengal Tiger. We will then take time for a river canoe ride to see the grasslands while observing crocodiles, peacocks and countless species of birds, fish as well as the local flora of the region. We will then take an evening visit through the Tharu village on the way to the elephant-breeding center to learn about conservation efforts in the region.
Day 5 Drive to KakarvittaAfter a morning of bird watching or a jungle hike in Chitwan, we will continue a long 10-hour drive to Kakarvitta where you will meet your local guide and enjoy the evening.
Day 6 Kakarvitta to DarjeelingWe will pass through the famous tea states that make the region famous while stopping to enjoy the local product. After visiting the “queen of the hills” plantation known as the most beautiful in the region we will return to Darjeeling to learn more about the tea making process.
Day 7 Darjeeling SightseeingWe will take a drive to Tiger hill to enjoy the charming sunrise over the Himalayas offering sights of Everest and Kanchenjunga in the distance. We will continue to the Yigacholing Monastery, which is home to the Gelukpa sect and features a statue of Maltera known as the coming Buddha. After stopping at the Himalayan Mountaineering Institute, we will drive to a Tibetan refugee center helping Tibetans create hand woven carpets, paintings and handicrafts. We will finish the day with a visit to the world heritage Toy Train sight before returning to Darjeeling for the evening.
Day 8 Drive to GangtokWe will take a peaceful winding drive through several tea plantations on the way to the Sikkim capital of Gangtok.
Day 9 Gantok SightseeingWe will begin by visiting the Phodong Monastery for insight into the lives of religious figures in the region before passing through the Institute of Tibetlogy and the local market. We will take a visit to the Flower Show, which is known for housing many of the sacred flower species vital to Sikh tradition and culture. We will spend the evening exploring the spiritual city and visiting the bustling vegetable and spice markets.
Day 10 Drive to PhuntsolingWe will drive to the Bhutanese border town of Phuntsoling to explore the major commercial center while learning more about the famous Bhutanese Stamps.
Day 11 Phintsoling to ThimpuWe will take a scenic drive to the capital city of Thimpu nestled along the serene Wang Chu River. After a 6-hour drive, we will visit Tashichho Dzong serving as the main palace for the king and as a home to many of the governing monks. A lively city, Thimpu is home to classic Bhutanese architecture as all the building are still constructed with respect to the ancient traditions and styles only available in Bhutan.
Day 12 Thimpu SightseeingWe will visit the timeless memorial chortens, the spiritual Changangkha temple and Simtokha Dzong before visiting the Indigenous traditional medicine hospital. We will then continue to the National library, painting school and vegetable market before spending the evening wandering the peaceful streets and learning more about the local culture and customs.
Day 13 Paro sightseeingWe will take a scenic 2-hour drive to Paro home to some of the most beautiful valley scenery in the world. We will pass along crystal glacial waters, timeless gorges and the babbling Pa Chu River. We will then take time to explore the fertile valleys still planted and harvested using traditional methods famous for their red rice. Finally we will visit several remote monasteries, Drugyal Dzong and a village farm house.
Day 15 DepartureDepending on your flight time you may be able to see a few more attractions in before departing approximately 3 hours before the scheduled flight time. You will be escorted to the airport with a representative from Good Karma trekking staff. After our farewells, you will have plenty of time to plan your next adventure in Nepal with Good Karma, as one time is never enough.
- Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car / van / bus
- Accommodation as required by you like -Budget Hotels, Tourist standard Hotel ,Threee star category Hotels ,Four Star Hotels, Five Star Hotels in ( Bed & Breakfast Basis , Bed Breakfast & Dinner Basis , Bed Breakfast Lunch Dinner Basis )or as specified in the appropriate itinerary
- Guided city tours as per the Itinerary by Private Car, Van, Jeep, Costar, Bus, Flights etc as per the group sizes and your request.
- Government registered Nepali professional English speaking Guide certified by Natham.
- All our government taxes , Hotel 10+ 13 present Vat taxes services charges etc
- Official expense& services charges
- Visa of Bhutan & permit of sikkim
- Air Ticket to Paro kathamndu
- Certain lunches and dinners as explained in the trekking itinerary
- Your travel insurance
- International airfare and airport departure tax
- Appropriate visa fees for Nepal
- Alcoholic, cold and hot drinks, laundry
- Personal equipment
- Certain sightseeing/monument entrance fees
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section
Karnali River RaftingThe Karnali, known as one of the strongest and most beautiful rivers in the region…
Duration: 10 Days
Meeting & Conference
- The latest adrenaline cocktail of choice is Canyoning, an activity that involves abseiling, sliding, jumping,…
- Ever since Eric Valli published a book and made a film on Honey Hunting, it…
- .We have major destination covered including kathmandu , Pokhara Chitwan , Lumnini, Nagarkot and many…
- Public transportation in Nepal can be very stressful and hectic and many may wish to…
- Paragliding is perhaps the most rewarding of short duration adventure sports given the fact that…
- Let your spirits fly and take a leap of 160 meters with nothing but a…
- Sport fishing, like hunting receives little attention in Nepal as few Nepalese pursue this leisure…
- The Karnali, known as one of the strongest and most beautiful rivers in the region…
- Good Karma Trekking organize meeting and conference in major city of Nepal like Kathmandu Pokhara…