Duration: 13 Days
Combine the traditional hiking adventure through the beautiful Langtang region with the novelty of a horseback experience. Located on the Tibetan border, the trek offers tremendous insight into the lives and cultures of Tibetans who have been isolated from western society and have thus preserved their timeless culture. This trek offers an excellent way to escape the crowds and experience a more authentic and traditional experience of cultural awareness and understanding while enjoying the pristine natural beauty highlighted by crystal clear rivers and intimidating mountain peaks. Travel this secluded region in the traditional style on the back of your horse to give you a unique perspective on the region as you learn to control your horse as you ride through the mystic trails of the Langtang region.
- Destnation: Nepal
- Activities: Trekking
- Duration: 7 - 14 Days
- Region: Langtang
- Best Season: Spring / Summer / Autumn
- Group Size: 02+ Pax
Day 1 Arrive in Kathmandu [1300 m/4264 ft] Upon your arrival in the Kathmandu airport (TIA), you will be greeted by a representative from the Good Karma Trekking team holding a sign with your name in the parking lot. After a brief introduction, you will be escorted to your hotel. After check in, and welcome drinks you will be free to explore around the backpacker haven of Thamel.
Day 2 Kathmandu [1300 m/4264 ft]Today after breakfast we will start a guided tour to several of the most historical and spiritual attractions in Kathmandu including Durbar Square, and Pashupati temple that are both Unesco World Heritage Sites. You will also visit the famous 'Monkey Temple' (Swayambunath) and Buddhists shrine (Buddha Nath) that is one of the large Stupas in the world. Afterwards, you will meet with your trek leader for a briefing and a short question and answer section about your trip. You will also have time to shop for any additional trekking equipment with staff assistance if needed.
Day 3 Kathmandu to Syabru BesiWe will take a scenic 9 hour drive through a scenic winding series of roads passing through diverse local villages, terraced farming fields, powerful rivers and charming waterfalls on the way to Dhunche. After processing all of our entry permits and documents, we will continue our ride to Syabrus Besi with time to explore the town in the evening.
Day 4 Syabru Besi to Lama HotelWe begin with a scenic horseback ride passing through a peaceful forest path along the river passing by cliffs that are home to local beehives before reaching Bamboo Village where we will stop for lunch. We then take a short uphill climb and arrive at Lama hotel for the night.
Day 5 Lama Hotel to Langtang ValleyWe will continue through the scenic forest, as it grows increasingly dense on the way to the small town of Ghora Tabela to stop for lunch. We continue uphill for 3 hours to reach the Tibetan village of Langtang where we will take some time to exchange with the locals and observe their traditional lifestyles.
Day 6 Langtang Valley to Kyanjing GompaWe continue along the mountain path on an easy trail taking time to enjoy a few particularly beautiful vantage points before reaching Kyanjing Gompa. The town is famous for its hospitality and offers timeless views of Himalayan giants Ganchempo and Langtang Himal.
Day 7 Kyanjing Gompa Acclimation dayDue to high altitudes, we will take a day to allow our bodies to acclimate to lower oxygen level to prevent any health complications. We will visit the local monastery to see the daily lives of the local monks before visiting the local cheese production process. We also offer the opportunity to visit either the Kyanjing Ri or Langshisha Khara vantage points to the north of the glacier.
Day 8 Kyanjing Gompa to Ghoretabeli We continue our trip back to Ghortabela along the same path along a relatively flat downhill path through a colorful forest filled with pine and oak trees as well and many indigenous flowers.
Day 9 Ghoretabela to Syabru GaonWe continue our ride along the same trail until we reach the Pahiro Lodge where we will continue towards Thulo Syabru Village. After a brief uphill ride, we will continue along a peaceful flat trail before reaching Syabru Gaon. We will take time to relax and explore the local monastery to learn more about the lifestyle of the traditional monks in the region.
Day 10 Syabru Gaon to DhuncheWe continue to ride down through the jungle to Dhunche. We will enter the local national park before taking lunch at Chautara and continuing down a rough road to Dhunche. Upon arrival in the regional capital we will celebrate the completion of our journey before exploring the town and resting for the night
Day 11 Dunche to Kathmandu After an early breakfast we will take a scenic bus ride along the scenic road to Kathmandu where you will be free to rest or explore during the evening.
Day 12 Free day in KathmanduToday is a great time to do some shopping or exploring the countless temples and markets of the city. The day is yours to relax or take in the bustling environment of the backpacker haven of Thamel. We will meet for a celebration diner during the evening to mark the completion of your journey.
Day 13 DepartureToday, a Member of the Good Karma team will escort you to the airport for your flight. After saying our farewells you will continue on your journey with fond memories of you adventure in Nepal.
- Airport pick up & Transfer to hotel
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis (Tourist Standard Hotel to Five Star deluxe Hotel in Kathmandu as you prefer)
- Government license holder Trekking Guide.
- Trekking porter /Sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking.
- Three time meal during the trekking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Trekker’s Information Management system (TIMS)
- Langtang Conservation area fee
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, Good Karma Trekking duffel bag, t-shirt, and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion)&( optionally if you have your own bags, down jackets and wants to use your own you are free to bring them)
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- Trekking guide and porters accommodation, fare, meal, equipments and salary & Insurance
- All program as mentioned in itinerary.
- Government Tax and office service charge.
- Welcome Dinner
- Airport drop
- Nepal Visa fee
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, Soft drinks such as cola, , shower & any Purely personal nature expenses etc)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Tips for guides and porters
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed Sightseeing and entrance fees in Kathmandu to any temples and monastery
Nagarkot Dhulikhel HikingThis 3 day 2-night trek offers a chance to combine Nagarkot and Dhulikhel which are…
Duration: 3 Days
Yoga Ayurveda & Spa
Meeting & Conference
Seti River RaftingThe warm and welcoming Seti River is excellent for a more relaxed rafting experience for…
Duration: 2 Days
- Volunteering in Nepal creates a mutually beneficial and rewarding experience for everyone involved. Although a…
- This 3 day 2-night trek offers a chance to combine Nagarkot and Dhulikhel which are…
- Meditation has steadily gained popularity over the last decade resulting in numerous centers throughout Kathmandu.…
- Hurtling down dirt roads on a mountain bike is a popular activity for adventure seekers…
- Good Karma Trekking organize meeting and conference in major city of Nepal like Kathmandu Pokhara…
- The warm and welcoming Seti River is excellent for a more relaxed rafting experience for…
- Adventure Himalayan helicopter flight over the Himalayas is a unique and adventurous way to see…
- Nepal serving as the nexus of Buddhist and Hindu culture and traditions makes an ideal…
- Paragliding is perhaps the most rewarding of short duration adventure sports given the fact that…