Duration: 11 Days
This popular trekking destination towers over the Annapurna Region and is known for its long rising ridges rising to form a beautiful mountain peak. The lower area is regarded as one of the most beautiful forest areas in the region and draws nature lovers worldwide for its beautiful flora during the fall. The trek is perfect for those looking to avoid the crowds traveling around the Annapurna circuit looking to learn more about the local culture while experiencing the adventure and stunning mountain scenery of Mardi Himal. Home to wonderful views of the sacred Machapuchare Mountain and many Himalayan peaks, this is the ultimate way to combine highlights of secluded mountain trekking with the beautiful scenery of the lowlands for new trekkers or those with a less flexible schedule.
- Destnation: Nepal
- Activities: Trekking
- Duration: 7 - 14 Days
- Region: Other
- Best Season: Spring / Summer / Autumn
- Group Size: 02+ Pax
Day 1 Arrival in KathmanduUpon your arrival to the airport, you will be greeted by the friendly Good Karma Trekking staff who will escort you to your accommodation in Kathmandu. After settling in and exploring the streets of Thamel, we will arrange a special welcome diner featuring local specialties to introduce you to the city and the Good Karma team.
Day 2 Kathmandu SightseeingToday we will a morning tour of Kathmandu to visit your choice of several UNESCO world heritage sites such as Durbar Square, Pashupati temple Sqayambhunath, and Buddha Nath, which is one of the largest Buddhist stupas in the world. After the tour, we will take a scenic mountain flight to the peaceful lakeside town of Pokhara known for its laidback lifestyle and friendly people where we will explore during the evening.
Day 3 Pokhara to PothanaWe will drive to the local Tibetan Refuge Camp near Kaski and begin our trek through the towns of Phedi and Dhampus. We will make camp in the scenic lowlands near a vantage point offering sunset views of Machhappuchare.
Day 4 Trek to Forest CampAfter a morning hike to view the sunrise over the famous fishtail formation, we will travel down a remote path passing through a dense birch forest filled with the national rhododendron flower and a wide range of local flora including hemlock, daphnia, maple trees and seasonal flowers. We arrive at a small clearing to enjoy a quiet night under the star hilled sky.
Day 5 Forest Camp to Low CampWe continue our ascent as the natural vegetation shifts to include more natural mosses, ferns and orchids as we gain elevation. The trail begins to shift toward Annapurna south and offers a nice view of the Modi Khola Valley. After a long lunch to protect against the thinning air, we will rest for the day taking time to explore the mossy forest and catch a stunning evening view of the fishtail region reflecting the pinkish light of the Himalayan sunset.
Day 6 Low Camp to High CampWe continue our ascent and rise above the tree line as the terrain moves into a classic tundra landscape on the way to high camp. We will stop for lunch and have a free afternoon to relax or explore the area home to unblocked views of Annapurna south and Macchapuchare.
Day 7 Mardi Himal crestAfter an early breakfast we will continue our journey to the crest of Mardi Himal located at roughly 5,300 meters. We move through a large ice field home to a stunning blue glacier offering views of countless serene mountains and peaks towering over the Himalayan scenery. The crest offers a timeless view of the entire range and marks an unforgettable accomplishment as the ultimate destination of our arduous trek. We then continue back along the scenic trail back to High Camp to rest under the timeless star filled sky.
Day 8 High Camp to Siding VillageToday offers a relaxed and very enjoyable hike down the mountain through a relaxing forest that leads to the fields near Siding. We will stop to chat with the locals to learn more about the lifestyle of the traditional hill people before making camp along the banks of the Mardi Khola River.
Day 9 Siding Village to PokharaWe continue along the river passing a chain of small towns and traditional grazing pastures. We will see the traditional architecture and handicrafts of the local Tamang and Gurung people before taking a short bus ride back to Pokhara for a night of celebration and relaxation next to the lake.
Day 10 Drive to KathmanduWe will return along the same road to Kathmandu arriving with plenty of time to do some shopping or additional sightseeing. During the evening, we will arrange a celebratory dinner featuring traditional food, music and dancing to make sure you get the most from your visit to Kathmandu.
Day 11 DepartureToday, a Member of the Good Karma team will escort you to the airport for your flight. After saying our farewells you will continue on your journey with fond memories of you adventure in Nepal.
- Airport pick up & Transfer to hotel
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis (Tourist Standard Hotel to Five Star deluxe Hotel in Kathmandu as you prefer)
- Government license holder Trekking Guide.
- Trekking porter /Sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking.
- Three time meal during the trekking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Tea house , Lodge, Tent accommodation as per the requirement.
- Trekker’s Information Management system (TIMS)
- Conservation area fee & all essential permits as per Nepal Government rule.
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, Good Karma Trekking duffel bag, t-shirt, and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion)&( optionally if you have your own bags, down jackets and wants to use your own you are free to bring them)
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- Trekking guide and porters accommodation, fare, meal, equipments and salary & Insurance
- All program as mentioned in itinerary.
- Government Tax and office service charge.
- Welcome Dinner
- Airport drop
- Nepal Visa fee
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, Soft drinks such as cola, , shower & any Purely personal nature expenses etc)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Tips for guides and porters
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed Sightseeing and entrance fees in Kathmandu to any temples and monastery
Kaligandaki River RaftingLocated in the Upper Mustang region the Kaligandaki lies between the Dhaulagiri and Annapurna ranges…
Duration: 3 Days
Marshyangdi River RaftingMarshyvangdi is an excellent aventure packed trip offering very steep and challenging rapids along the…
Duration: 3 Days
Yoga Ayurveda & Spa
Bhote Koshi River RaftingThe Bhote Koshi offers spectacular views of valleys and gorges while offering many challenging rapids…
Duration: 1 to 2 Days
Meeting & Conference
- Located in the Upper Mustang region the Kaligandaki lies between the Dhaulagiri and Annapurna ranges…
- Marshyvangdi is an excellent aventure packed trip offering very steep and challenging rapids along the…
- Meditation has steadily gained popularity over the last decade resulting in numerous centers throughout Kathmandu.…
- Hurtling down dirt roads on a mountain bike is a popular activity for adventure seekers…
- Ever since Eric Valli published a book and made a film on Honey Hunting, it…
- Public transportation in Nepal can be very stressful and hectic and many may wish to…
- Ticketing for transportation including flights and buses varies from international norms and online bookings are…
- The Bhote Koshi offers spectacular views of valleys and gorges while offering many challenging rapids…
- Good Karma Trekking organize meeting and conference in major city of Nepal like Kathmandu Pokhara…