Duration: 24 Days
Nestled in the edge of the scenic Khumbu Region, Mera peak is the highest trekking peak in Nepal and offers a chance for an uncomplicated but scenic and challenging climb for those without previous peak climbing experience. This high altitude adventure requires a reasonable level of fitness as well we be climbing to high altitudes providing the best views of the Everest region and summit the 5,800 meter panoramic peak. This is an ideal way to take your trekking passion to the next level while viewing the worlds highest mountain peaks as you learn more about the regional cultures, terrain, lifestyle and peak climbing strategies with an experienced guide and porting staff.
- Destnation: Nepal
- Activities: Peak Climbing
- Duration: 21 + Days
- Region: Khumbu
- Max. Altitude: 6461m
- Best Season: Spring / Summer / Autumn
- Group Size: 02+ Pax
Day 1 Arrival in KathmanduUpon your arrival to the airport, you will be greeted by the friendly Good Karma Trekking staff who will escort you to your accommodation in Kathmandu. After settling in and exploring the streets of Thamel, we will arrange a special welcome diner featuring local specialties to introduce you to the city and the Good Karma team.
Day 2 Kathmandu SightseeingToday we will take a tour featuring the highlights of Kathmandu including several UNESCO world heritage sites such as Durbar Square and Pashupati temple before visiting Sqayambhunath, and Buddha Nath, which is one of the largest Buddhist stupas in the world. After lunch, we will hold a briefing with your trekking guide addressing any questions or concerns you may have about your trip.
Day 3 Kathmandu to LuklaWe will take a scenic flight offering view of tremendous mountain peaks before arriving in Lukla, which serves as the gate to Everest. After meeting our team, we will trek through Lukla to Phakding with an optional trip to a near by monastery for those interested.
Day 4 PangkongmaWe will cross the Poyan Khola before moving to a new trail taking us to through a chain of traditional farming villages stopping to learn more about the local culture and traditional farming methods. We will continue to the quaint Pangkongma village to rest and enjoy the scenery and local hospitality.
Day 5 Nashing DingmaWe continue our hike through a dense rhododendron encrusted forest offering sights of Lamjura before crossing the Pangkongma pass and stopping at the local monastery. We then hike to a scenic vantage point offering southern faces of Mera and Naulekh before descending along a rope bridge to Nashing Dingma for the night in Makalu National Park.
Day 6 Chalem KharkaThis morning, the trail ascends through a scenic lush trail passing through Surke La. We will stop for tea at a local village before camping among the fir trees near Chalem Kharka.
Day 7 Chunbu KhakaAfter breakfast, the trail continues along a ridge moving to a more barren mountain area. We continue along a scenic pass offering views of the surrounding mountains before climbing to Panch Pokari and settling at Chunbu Kharka to enjoy a scenic sunset.
Day 8 Rest day at Chunbu KharkaTo protect against altitude sickness, we will take an acclimation day where you are free to relax with the locals or take a few short hikes to admire the local scenery.
Day 9 Hinku ValleyAfter a short uphill climb, we meander through the valley slowly descending back into the lush green trail taking us to the traditional bridge that leads to Khote. After stopping for a forest lunch, we hike towards the river to make camp for the night.
Day 10 TangnagWe follow the river through the trail to a scenic town to enjoy the views of the valley with mountains towering in the backdrop. We then continue through a large yak pasture to the end of the valley and spend the night near a traditional teahouse village of Tangnag.
Day 11 Dig KharkaWe follow the trail east rising toward the town of Dig Kharka known as the entry point to the Kindu Nup Glacier. We make camp under the scenic star light sky to rest for tomorrows hike.
Day 12 KhareWE will ascend to the village of Khare offering an optional glacier training session to make sure everyone is comfortable with the rope and crampon system before returning to Khare for a scenic sunset.
Day 13 Mera Peak Base CampWe continue through the scenic Mera La Pass before entering the Mera glacier, which offers several panoramic viewpoints of the valley and the surrounding peaks. We make base past the glacier on the lateral moraine to avoid an uncomfortable and risky ice camp on the glacier.
Day 14 Acclimatization day at Mera Base CampWe will take another rest/acclimation day at the base camp to prepare for the challenging climb tomorrow. We will spend the day reinforcing our ice climbing techniques and perfecting the use of ropes and crampons.
Day 15 Trek to high campAfter packing and arranging our equipment, we move past the Mera La Pass to reach a curious crevice offering unique insight into the regional geology. We emerge to continue along a steep trail leading to the strategic high camp location that will allow us to ascend the Mera Peak the following day. We will set up camp here and enjoy a timeless panoramic sunset as the mountains reflect the pinkish sunlight over the mountains.
Day 16 Mera Peak AscentWe will continue to the intimidating Mera Peak nestled above a double-ridged glacier. Taking time to avoid any dangerous areas or crevasses, we continue along the left ridge to reach the main summit access point. Although only 50 meters from the peak, we will take a difficult ascent using all of our trekking equipment and knowledge to reach the scenic panoramic view offering sights of the entire region. After taking pictures from what feels like the top of the world, we will return along the same path to our previous campsite.
Day 17 Spare DayToday is a scheduled extra day used as a precaution in case of severe weather or poor visibility. You may either rest or explore the area surrounding base camp depending on your preference.
Day 18-21 Return to LukaWe will continue through the Zatrwa La Pass slowly descending back into the Dudh Kosi valley towards Lukla. We will continue camping along the route and take time to enjoy the numerous and diverse vantage points in the region offering views of our previously conquered peak and countless other Himalayan Giants. Upon arrival in Lukla, we will take a day to celebrate the completion of our trek and enjoy the charming town swapping stories with other adventurers before taking a well-earned rest for the night.
Day 22 Lukla to KathmanduWe will fly back to Kathmandu where you can relax in the hotel or continue to explore the city. Today is a great time to do some shopping or exploring the countless temples and markets of the city. We will meet for a celebration diner during the evening to mark the completion of your journey.
Day 23 Free day in KathmanduYou have a full day to further explore the bustling capital city, as you like. Take time to visit temples, historical sites or do some shopping in the backpacker haven of Thamel before meeting with the Good Karma Trekking staff for a night of traditional food and dance before returning to you hotel for the night.
Day 24 DepartureToday, a Member of the Good Karma team will escort you to the airport for your flight. After saying our farewells you will continue on your journey with fond memories of you adventure in Nepal.
- All airport/hotel transfers
- Guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu
- Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu flight and departure taxes
- Accommodations in Kathmandu in Breakfast and Bed basis (Plz let us know what category hotels do you prefer)
- Teahouse/Lodge and tented accommodation during trekking and climbing session
- Three times meals in Mountain: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner,
- All ground transportation as per the itinerary program by private vehicles
- All necessary staffs with experienced English speaking climbing and trekking leader (guide), cook, assistant climbing leader, Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter), other helpers as per requirement for the climbing section including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- All necessary paper works; trekking permits & Climbing permits
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, Good Karma Trekking duffel bag, t-shirt, and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion or if you have your own and wants to bring you are also welcome .)
- Group Mountaineering climbing and camping equipment for climbing part high quality North Face or Mountain Hardware tents for camping and kitchen, dining, toilet tents, mattresses, kitchen equipments
- Travel and rescue arrangements
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- Exclusive Medical Kit Bag
- All government and local taxes
- Nepal Visa fee
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Altitude chamber (PAC) or oxygen
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu(and also in the case of early return from mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottled or boiled water, shower, heater, etc.)
- Tips for guides and porters
Trishuli River RaftingThe increasing popular Trisuli River offers views of farming valleys and large gorges with regions…
Duration: 1 to 3 Days
Marshyangdi River RaftingMarshyvangdi is an excellent aventure packed trip offering very steep and challenging rapids along the…
Duration: 3 Days
Seti River RaftingThe warm and welcoming Seti River is excellent for a more relaxed rafting experience for…
Duration: 2 Days
- Public transportation in Nepal can be very stressful and hectic and many may wish to…
- Meditation Centers Meditation has steadily gained popularity over the last decade resulting in numerous centers…
- The increasing popular Trisuli River offers views of farming valleys and large gorges with regions…
- Ticketing for transportation including flights and buses varies from international norms and online bookings are…
- Marshyvangdi is an excellent aventure packed trip offering very steep and challenging rapids along the…
- The warm and welcoming Seti River is excellent for a more relaxed rafting experience for…
- Let your spirits fly and take a leap of 160 meters with nothing but a…
- Volunteering in Nepal creates a mutually beneficial and rewarding experience for everyone involved. Although a…
- Hurtling down dirt roads on a mountain bike is a popular activity for adventure seekers…