Duration: 12 Days
Combining some of the best natural beauty in Nepal with the ancient culture, mysterious traditions and biological diversity, the Panch Pokhari trek is an ideal way to experience the highlights of Nepal in a brief amount of time. Visit ancient villages, spiritual holy lakes, toe the Tibetan border, and immerse yourself in the lives of the mystical Sherpa people as you ascend from low jungles to high barren mountain landscapes. Combine your sense of adventure and curiosity as you hike to visit breathtaking views and sacred monasteries through some of the most beautiful sights in all of the Himalayas
- Destnation: Nepal
- Activities: Trekking
- Duration: 7 - 14 Days
- Region: Langtang
- Best Season: Spring / Summer / Autumn
- Group Size: 02+ Pax
Day 1 Kathmandu to ChautaraWe begin with a scenic 5-hour drive through the Kathmandu Valley offering views of traditional villages, terraced rice fields, tranquil waterfalls and powerful rivers before arriving in the village of Chautara. Chautara offers several nice views of the mountains and we will have time to explore the charming town before resting in the evening.
Day 2 Chautara to Sano OkhareniWe begin along a slowly rising trail through a series of small villages home to local people of varying ethnic groups. We will arrive in the forest town of Sano Okhareni in time to catch a scenic sunrise over the mountain landscape.
Day 3 Sano Okharen to Kami KharkaWe continue uphill past the town of Thulo Okhareni before starting a steep climb through a dense rhododendron encrusted pine forest home to monkeys, deer and many species of indigenous birds. We will make camp on a level pasture typically used for cattle to admire the star light sky from our tent.
Day 4 Kami Kharka to Pauwa BasWe begin along a flat trail through forests that present an excellent chance to spot local animals as you pass through a timeless forest filled with oak and pine trees. We continue through a small village before intersecting the pilgrimage trail and rest at Pauwa Bas for the night.
Day 5 Pauwa Bas to Hille BhanjyangWe start with a strenuous uphill hike before continuing back down through a pine forest offering several scenic vantage points. You will begin to notice a change in terrain as we reach higher alititudes eventually reaching Hille Bhanjyang for a good nights rest.
Day 6 Hille Bhanjyang to Narsim PatiToday is a shorter hike with a short strenuous uphill path followed by a more gradual descent through the rocky path to Narsim Pati where we will rest for the evening. The town is famous for its hospitality and is often a resting place for spiritual pilgrims on their way to Panch Pokhari.
Day 7 Narsim pati to Panch PokhariAfter a 3-hour climb along a barren rocky trail we reach our destination of Panch Pokhari. We will take time to visit the remote pilgrimage site home to the Janaipurnima Festival every year. We will take time to admire the scenic lakes and their crystal clear water before taking in a scenic sunset and resting for the night.
Day 8 Panch Pokhari to Tupi Danda We take an early morning hike to the peak of Panch Pokhari to see the sunrise from the scenic mountain top vantage point offering panoramic views of Dorje, Lakpa, Jugal Himal, Rolwaling and Langtang. We then return to Panch Pokhari before continuing a long descending trail back along a ridge to Tupi Danda.
Day 9 Tupi Danda to DhapWe begin a relaxing hike downhill through scenic terraced fields while admiring the local beauty of the forest area. We will reach the Tamang village of Dhap known for its unique architecture in traditional Tamang style.
Day 10 Rest dayToday we will take a much-needed rest to explore the quaint village of Dhap. We will learn more about the traditional farming techniques, culture, religion and customs of the traditional hill people while taking a short hike to a scenic vantage point.
Day 11 Dhap to MelamchiWe continue along the Indrawati river through small traditional villages and terraced fields spotting one of the most productive hydroelectric energy plants in the region. We continue through Tipini to Melamchi Pul Bazaar located on the banks of the Melamchi Khola River. The town serves as the regional capital and is home to sever schools, offices and even an army camp. We will camp my the swimmable river for the night and celebrate to completion of our trek.
Day 12 Return to KathmanduToday we take a scenic drive back to the capital city leaving you plenty of time to explore the backpacker area of Thamel. You have a free evening to relax do some souvenir shopping or wander to a few local temples and places of interest before you farewell diner with the friendly Good Karma Trekking staff.
- Airport pick up & Transfer to hotel
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis (Tourist Standard Hotel to Five Star deluxe Hotel in Kathmandu as you prefer)
- Government license holder Trekking Guide.
- Trekking porter /Sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking.
- Three time meal during the trekking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Trekker’s Information Management system (TIMS)
- Langtang Conservation area fee
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, Good Karma Trekking duffel bag, t-shirt, and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion)&( optionally if you have your own bags, down jackets and wants to use your own you are free to bring them)
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- Trekking guide and porters accommodation, fare, meal, equipments and salary & Insurance
- All program as mentioned in itinerary.
- Government Tax and office service charge.
- Welcome Dinner
- Airport drop
- Nepal Visa fee
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, Soft drinks such as cola, , shower & any Purely personal nature expenses etc)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Tips for guides and porters
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed Sightseeing and entrance fees in Kathmandu to any temples and monastery
Nagarkot Dhulikhel HikingThis 3 day 2-night trek offers a chance to combine Nagarkot and Dhulikhel which are…
Duration: 3 Days
Yoga Ayurveda & Spa
Meeting & Conference
Seti River RaftingThe warm and welcoming Seti River is excellent for a more relaxed rafting experience for…
Duration: 2 Days
- Volunteering in Nepal creates a mutually beneficial and rewarding experience for everyone involved. Although a…
- This 3 day 2-night trek offers a chance to combine Nagarkot and Dhulikhel which are…
- Meditation has steadily gained popularity over the last decade resulting in numerous centers throughout Kathmandu.…
- Hurtling down dirt roads on a mountain bike is a popular activity for adventure seekers…
- Good Karma Trekking organize meeting and conference in major city of Nepal like Kathmandu Pokhara…
- The warm and welcoming Seti River is excellent for a more relaxed rafting experience for…
- Adventure Himalayan helicopter flight over the Himalayas is a unique and adventurous way to see…
- Nepal serving as the nexus of Buddhist and Hindu culture and traditions makes an ideal…
- Paragliding is perhaps the most rewarding of short duration adventure sports given the fact that…