Day I (March 12, 2017)
- Registration at Pokhara at Hotel The Coast (2 pm onwards)
- Welcome Nepali Tea served at the Hotel. Casual introduction at the hotel lobby
- Accommodation for all the participants will be managed at The Hotel Coast Pokhara. It will also include a Buffet Dinner for the group.
Day 2 (March 13, 2017)
- Participants get ready by 5 am at the hotel lobby.
- Packed breakfast will be distributed to all the participants.
- Drive to Tikhedunga (one hour drive)
- From Tikhedunga, the group will take a steep climb on foot to Ulleri. Ulleri is a large Magar village at 2070 meter height.
- After Ulleri, the trail continues to ascend more gently, through fine peaceful forests of oak & rhododendron towards Banthanti at 2250 meter.
- Then you make a trek towards Nangethanti at 2460 meter where the group will have Lunch.
- After an hour walk, the group will arrive at relaxing Ghorepani at 2775 m.
- You will spend a night here in Ghorepani.
Day 3 (March 14, 2017: Himalayan Poetry Festival)
- In the early morning, there will be a hiking under the stars using headlights to Poon Hill. From here you will see superb view of sunrise, and panoramic view of Himalayas, including Mt. Dhaulagiri, Annapurna South, and Machhapuchhre (Fishtail).
- International Himalayan Poetry Festival begins at the Pun Hill (3210 meter) that will include poets from different parts of the world along with some renowned Nepali poets. It’s a whole day event. Breakafast, lunch and other facilities will be provided at the venue.
- Poetry readings and some selected papers on poetry, society and nature will be presented
- Certificate of participation and souvenirs will be provided to the participants.
- After the picturesque sunset, the group will walk down to the hotel at Ghorepani.
- Cocktail drinks will be served to the participants and will be followed by a dinner.
Day 4 (March 15, 2017)
- The day begins with a trek from Ghorepani to Ghandruk (almost 6 hours walk), and an overnight stay in Ghandruk (2000 meter). Ghandruk is populated by people of Gurung community, one of the ethnic groups of Nepal, that have their own dialect, typical culture, costume, and life style. This village is possibly the most popular tourist destination that offers the beautiful mountain views and easy connection to Pokhara and Kathmandu.
Day 5 (March 16, 2017)
Registration Fee includes the following facilities:
- Breakfast and walk down to Kimchi and from Kimchi, the group drives to Pokhara.
- Leisurely evening in Pokhara.
- Hotel accommodation in Pokhara on BB basis; Tourist standard Hotel for a Night and a buffet Dinner of Nepali style
- Government license holder Trekking Guides
- Trekking porter /Sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the Himalayan Poetry festival
- Three time meal during the trekking (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
- Tea House accommodation while in Trek
- Trekker’s Information Management system (TIMS)
- Annapurna Conservation Fee
- Pun hill Entrance fees.
- Overland Transportations (Jeep from Pokhara to Tikhedunga & Kimchi to Pokhara)
- Cocktail drinks in Pun Hill
Why Participate in this Festival?
- Any kind of bar bill including drinks, mineral water or other beverages
- Any additional facilities not specified
Registration and other information
- It’s a historical opportunity to trek in the Himalayan region and read and listen to the poems from around the world. An opportunity to meet and interact poets, writers, and journalists from different parts.
- The program will be brought Live by at least one Nepal based Television, and will be covered by various local and international media.
- Enjoy the beauty of the natural landscape
- Radiantly blossomed Rhododendrons in this time of the year will fascinate you!
- You will get to see different new spices of birds. Simply amazing!
- You will get the taste of some typical village culture like the one in Gurung village in Ghandruk! A complete organic village life experience!
- Artists (painters, photographers and poets) will have a wonderful opportunity for their artistic creations
- Participants should register by February 17, 2017.
- Registration fee is USD 355 per person. For participants from SAARC region it is USD 285, for Nepali participants USD 185.
- Seats are limited and are available on first come first serve basis.
- After the registration along with the payment, you will be sent the confirmation letter (via email).
- The trip starts in Pokhara and ends in Pokhara . Any other expenses like international flights, Kathmandu stay and your stay before or after the given festival dates are not part of International Poetry festival. (You may ask Good Karma Trekking to help you with other services if you like)
What we expect from you!
Mutual respect and cooperation
Understand the cultural difference
Good Karma Trekking, Kathmandu