Duration: 8 Days
The 8-day cultural tour of Bhutan is a perfect way to combine all the highlights to provide insight into a wide range of attractions and national highlights. Visit the traditional cultural sites in Thimphu and Paro while incorporating additional trips to Trongsa, the Bumthang Valley, and the important cultural center of Punakha to create a complete trip offering greater understanding of the local culture and way of life. We will spend our time visiting all the highlights of these charming cities combining aspects of traditional culture, spirituality and history in a thorough rewarding package.
- Destination: Bhutan
- Activities: Tours
- Duration: 7 - 14 Days
- Region: Bhutan
- Best Season: Spring / Summer / Autumn
- Group Size: 02+ Pax
Day 1 Arrival in ParoAfter arriving from your scenic mountain flight to Para, you will be greeted by a friendly representative of Good Karma Trekking who will take you to the capital city of Thimphu. During the evening, we will organize a welcome diner and drinks and you will have plenty of time to enjoy the bustling night streets and get a first look at the traditional architecture of the quaint capital city.
Day 2 ThimphuAfter breakfast we will explore the highlights of the capital city starting with a visit to the well-preserved medieval fort of Trashichhoedzong, which serves as the home to the royal family and government, as well as the spiritual leaders of the country in the monastery complex. We then visit the arts and crafts school to learn about the traditional preparation of clothing, thangka paintings and handicrafts that have been passed down for generations. We then continue to the Textile and Folk Heritage Museum to learn about the preservation of local culture and custom in Bhutan. After lunch, we move to the handicrafts emporium to explore the bustling market and admire the local craftsmanship before going to the Memorial Chorten erected to promote peace and harmony in the region. We will also take more time to view the wide range of traditional paintings and statues in the monument to learn more about the Bhutanese Buddhist art form.
Day 3 Thimphu to TrongsaAfter an early breakfast at the hotel, we will continue along the scenic Dochula Pass offering views of a wide range of eastern Himalayan giants from a relaxed vantage point. We will stop for a relaxing drink among the peaks of Zongphugang, Gangkar Puensum, Masagan and more before continuing to Wangduephodrang for lunch. We continue along the Pelela Pass while stopping at the Chenbji Chorten made in the Nepalese style know for its famous eyes looking in all directions. Upon arrival in Trongsa, we will take time to explore the quaint town during the evening before returning to the hotel for the night.
Day 4 Trongsa to BumthangWe will make a morning visit the Trongsa Dzong known for its traditional 17th century architecture. The fort serves as the governing capital of the eastern and central regions of Bhutan and was home to the first and second Bhutanese kings. We then continue toward Bumthang passing along a scenic valley featuring charming traditional villages and timeless green scenery. After lunch at the hotel we will visit Kurje Lhakhang, the 7th century temple of Jambey Lhakhang and the oldest monastic school in the country at Tamshing to learn more about traditional Buddhist practices in Bhutan. Finally, we will visit a traditional farmhouse to learn firsthand how the local people live and practice religion in a peaceful valley before returning to the hotel in Bumthang.
Day 5 Bumthang to PunakhaWe continue to explore the peaceful Bumthang Valley before continuing to Trongsa to enjoy a traditional lunch. We continue back to Wangduephodrang to visit the local fort and traditional market known for its stone carvings and bamboo crafts. Historically, the town served as a major unifying force for the Kingdom and remains an area of historical and spiritual importance for all of Bhutan. We then drive to Punakha to explore the bustling street market during the evening before returning to the hotel.
Day 6 Punakha to ParoAfter breakfast, we will continue to the 17th century fortress known as Mintokha Dzong, which is known for its school of religious studies that attracts students throughout the country. Upon arrival in Paro we will visit the Ta Dzong, which serves as the National Museum to observe a wonderful collection of local art, paintings, artifacts and the famous Bhutanese stamps. We then take a short wall to the hillside Rinpung Dzong that serves as the spiritual and administrative capital of Paro. We will then spend a relaxing evening exploring the streets of Paro while enjoying a traditional Bhutanese dinner.
Day 7 ParoAfter breakfast, we will continue to the ruins of Drukgyel Dzong in the Paro valley before stopping to visit several traditional Bhutanese farmhouses to learn more about the life of the valley people firsthand. We then continue to the holy Taktsang Monastery. The peaceful hike offers some stunning views of the city and surrounding lowland. After resting at the viewpoint we continue to the actual monastery to learn more about the religious practices of the region while observing the daily life and practices of the local monks. This “tiger nest” monastery is one of the holiest in the region and a popular attraction for both locals and tourists alike. We then make a return trip to Paro to celebrate the completion of the trip.
Day 8 DepartureDepending on your flight time you may be able to see a few more attractions before departing approximately 3 hours before.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car / van / bus (all airport transfers).
- Standard government approved accommodation (in twin share rooms) for the duration of tour.
- licensed English speaking Bhutanese Tour Guides.
- All Monument /Museum sightseeing tours, entrance Fees as per itinerary.
- All meals fixed breakfast, lunch & dinner with Tea and Coffee while remaining in Bhutan
- Government Royalty (which is 35% of $250) this goes to the country's health & education projects.
- Private Transport & Driver within Bhutan. (Imported Prado's, Micro Buses & Toyota Coaster Buses)
- Toyota 4 X 4 luggage vans & light trucks for group travel
- All our government taxes.
- Tourist service charge, vat.
- Official expense
- Bhutan Visa Fees and Visa Processing assistance
- Bottled/alcoholic/cold drinks, room service and al a cart meals.
- Your travel insurance (compulsory).
- International airfares and airport departure tax.
- Photography charges (if and when applicable).
- Items of a personal nature such as laundry.
- Personal Equipment.
- Tips to guides, restaurants, hotel lobby. (Tipping is expected.)
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.
Naudanda & Sarankot Day HikePokhara is surrounded by verdant hills and traditional villages offering stunning views of the Himalayan…
Duration: 6-7 hours
Day hiking near KathmanduChampadevi: Roughly 2300 meters in elevation the pilgrimage includes a trip to both an important…
Duration: 1 Day
A day hiking to NAGARJUNANagarjuna hill another view points close to the Kathmandu city located West of Kathmandu, the…
Duration: 1 Day
Sunrise in Nagarkot with HikingOur company offers Nagarkot Sunrise and Hike every day from Kathmandu, The Nagarkot view point…
Duration: 1 Day
Shivapuri Hiking in KathmanduLocated north of Kathmandu at an elevation of 2563 meters, Shivapuri is the 2nd highest…
Duration: 1 Day
- Naudanda Hiking is an interesting hiking trail around Pokhara and us manager this trip on…
- Ticketing for transportation including flights and buses varies from international norms and online bookings are…
- Volunteering in Nepal creates a mutually beneficial and rewarding experience for everyone involved. Although a…
- Pokhara is surrounded by verdant hills and traditional villages offering stunning views of the Himalayan…
- Champadevi: Roughly 2300 meters in elevation the pilgrimage includes a trip to both an important…
- Nagarjuna hill another view points close to the Kathmandu city located West of Kathmandu, the…
- Adventure Himalayan helicopter flight over the Himalayas is a unique and adventurous way to see…
- Our company offers Nagarkot Sunrise and Hike every day from Kathmandu, The Nagarkot view point…
- Located north of Kathmandu at an elevation of 2563 meters, Shivapuri is the 2nd highest…