Traditional farming methods vary greatly across different ethnic groups and agricultural zones. Nepal is divided into four zones known as the Terai plain, the southern mountains, the central hills and the northern Himalayas. Rice is the dominant crop in the Terai and middle hills whereas mountainous regions cultivate a wide range of crops including tea, cardamom, ginger, coffee, barley and millet. The middle hills also produce a wide range of tropical fruits while vegetables are grown throughout the country. Livestock is also prevalent and the most commonly found include buffalo, sheep, goats, pig and poultry, which provide milk, eggs, meat and fertilizer for the mountain people. Agro tourism aims to revitalize the rural regions while reversing some of the harmful urban trends developing in Nepal. Seeking to bring tourist to the countryside so they can learn more about the true backbone of Nepal while meeting the friendly hardworking people who are always happy to share the little they have with guests over dinner or a friendly conversation. You will taste regional dishes and special drinks as you explore remote heritage sites and enjoy spectacular views of terraced fields, enormous mountains and powerful rivers. Profits are shared with the local community to help them slowly shift to more economical farming methods to promote the Nepalese economy. Funds will be used to help the families as well as offering training and workshops to increase crop output and efficiency to help build a better future for these humble people.
Duration: 10 Days
To promote the lifestyle and economy of rural Nepalese Good Karma Trekking is proud to offer our Agro-tour to show travelers the farming backbone of the country. With 80% employed in agriculture while lacking modern equipment, our Agro-tour is like a trip back in time allowing you to see how farmers use ageless farming techniques that have been passed down for centuries. Trips offer insight into traditional rice plantations as you hear traditional tunes sung by workers to pass the time. Rice along with wheat and corn are the major crops of Nepal and serve as dietary staples for millions across the country. Depending on your arrival date, you will see either the planting, maintaining or harvesting of these crops as well as the backbreaking work that goes into feeding the country.
- Destination: Nepal
- Activities: Tours
- Duration: 7 - 14 Days
- Region: Terai
- Best Season: Spring / Summer / Autumn
- Group Size: 02+ Pax
Day 1 : Arrival in Kathmandu & Transfer to Hotel
Day 2 : Kathmandu city sightseeing including Pashupatinath Temple, Monkey temple, Patan etc.
Day 3 : Drive to Bhaktapur Durbar Square and after to the Durbar Square visit the rice plantation and other crops near the Bhaktapur and overnight in Kathmandu
Day 4 : Drive to Chitwan and on the way Rafting . reach to the Sauraha and overnight in Sauraha .
Day 5 : Whole day Jungle activities and overnight in Sauraha
Day 6 : Tour to Rampur IAAS ( Institute of Agriculture & Animal Science ) http://www.iaas.edu.np/. visit the 3-4 hours there see and learn many more things about agricultural possibility in Nepal and drive to Pokhara .
Day 7 : Pokhara Tour
Day 8 : fly or drive back to Kathmandu
Day 9 : rest day in Kathmandu
Day 10 : fly back to your own country .
- Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car / van / bus
- Accommodation as required by you like -Budget Hotels, Tourist standard Hotel ,Threee star category Hotels ,Four Star Hotels, Five Star Hotels in ( Bed & Breakfast Basis , Bed Breakfast & Dinner Basis , Bed Breakfast Lunch Dinner Basis )or as specified in the appropriate itinerary
- Guided city tours as per the Itinerary by Private Car, Van, Jeep, Costar, Bus, Flights etc as per the group sizes and your request.
- Government registered Nepali professional English speaking Guide certified by Natham.
- All our government taxes , Hotel 10+ 13 present Vat taxes services charges etc
- Official expense& services charges
- Certain lunches and dinners as explained in the trekking itinerary
- Your travel insurance
- International airfare and airport departure tax
- Appropriate visa fees
- Alcoholic, cold and hot drinks, laundry
- Personal equipment
- Certain sightseeing/monument entrance fees
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section
Naudanda & Sarankot Day HikePokhara is surrounded by verdant hills and traditional villages offering stunning views of the Himalayan…
Duration: 6-7 hours
Day hiking near KathmanduChampadevi: Roughly 2300 meters in elevation the pilgrimage includes a trip to both an important…
Duration: 1 Day
Balthali Village hiking TourBalthali Village is a small authentic village just 40km away from Kathmandu. The area surrounding…
Duration: 3 Days
Sunrise in Nagarkot with HikingOur company offers Nagarkot Sunrise and Hike every day from Kathmandu, The Nagarkot view point…
Duration: 1 Day
Sun Koshi River RaftingBoasting warm water, the Sun Koshi is know for its foamy water and narrow canyons…
Duration: 10 to 11 Days
Dhampus Day Hike
Bhote Koshi River RaftingThe Bhote Koshi offers spectacular views of valleys and gorges while offering many challenging rapids…
Duration: 1 to 2 Days
- Pokhara is surrounded by verdant hills and traditional villages offering stunning views of the Himalayan…
- Champadevi: Roughly 2300 meters in elevation the pilgrimage includes a trip to both an important…
- Balthali Village is a small authentic village just 40km away from Kathmandu. The area surrounding…
- Our company offers Nagarkot Sunrise and Hike every day from Kathmandu, The Nagarkot view point…
- Sport fishing, like hunting receives little attention in Nepal as few Nepalese pursue this leisure…
- Boasting warm water, the Sun Koshi is know for its foamy water and narrow canyons…
- Dhampus Day hike is the best things to do if you are free for a…
- Overview Despite its spectacular mountain views and picturesque villages, Kakani is a part of Nepal…
- The Bhote Koshi offers spectacular views of valleys and gorges while offering many challenging rapids…