Duration: Bhutan 5 Night 6 Days
The 6-day Bhutan tour is best for those who want a thorough trip to see everything the cities of Paro and Thimphu have to offer while spending more time in the heritage area of Punakha and to create a more complete trip offering greater understanding of the local culture and way of life. We will spend our time visiting all the highlights of these charming cities combining aspects of traditional culture, spirituality and history in one package.
- Destination: Bhutan
- Activities: Tours
- Duration: 1 - 7 Days
- Region: Bhutan
- Best Season: Spring / Summer / Autumn
- Group Size: 02+ Pax
Day 1 Arrival in ParoAfter arriving from your scenic mountain flight to Para, you will be greeted by a friendly representative of Good Karma Trekking who will take you to the capital city of Thimphu. During the evening, we will organize a welcome diner and drinks and you will have plenty of time to enjoy the bustling night streets and get a first look at the traditional architecture of the quaint capital city.
Day 2 ThimphuAfter breakfast we will explore the highlights of the capital city starting with a visit to the well-preserved medieval fort of Trashichhoedzong, which serves as the home to the royal family and government, as well as the spiritual leaders of the country in the monastery complex. We then visit the arts and crafts school to learn about the traditional preparation of clothing, thangka paintings and handicrafts that have been passed down for generations. We then continue to the Textile and Folk Heritage Museum to learn about the preservation of local culture and custom in Bhutan. After lunch, we move to the handicrafts emporium to explore the bustling market and admire the local craftsmanship before going to the Memorial Chorten erected to promote peace and harmony in the region. We will also take more time to view the wide range of traditional paintings and statues in the monument to learn more about the Bhutanese Buddhist art form.
Day 3 Thimphu to PunakhaWe will continue to Punakha through the scenic Dochula Pass stopping to admire the mountain scenery along a short hike to the memorial local chorten, mani wall and prayer flag encrusted vantage point. After taking in views of Masagang, Tsendagang, Terigan Kangphugang and Zongphugang we stop to enjoy a cup of tea to relax with the Himalayan giants. We will visit the historical Punakha Dzong situated on two peaceful rivers, which has protected the area from invaders since the 17th century. Serving as the regional capital and a monastery, this fort has a long history and has been frequently restored due to its strategic importance. We then move to Wangdiphodrang to visit the local fort and traditional market known for its stone carvings and bamboo crafts before exploring the traditional town of Punakha for the night.
Day 4 Punakha to ParoAfter breakfast, we will continue to the 17th century fortress known as Mintokha Dzong, which is known for its school of religious studies that attracts students throughout the country. Upon arrival in Paro we will visit the Ta Dzong, which serves as the National Museum to observe a wonderful collection of local art, paintings, artifacts and the famous Bhutanese stamps. We then take a short wall to the hillside Rinpung Dzong that serves as the spiritual and administrative capital of Paro. We will then spend a relaxing evening exploring the streets of Paro while enjoying a traditional Bhutanese dinner.
Day 5 ParoAfter breakfast, we will continue to the ruins of Drukgyel Dzong in the Paro valley before stopping to visit several traditional Bhutanese farmhouses to learn more about the life of the valley people firsthand. We then continue to the holy Taktsang Monastery. The peaceful hike offers some stunning views of the city and surrounding lowland. After resting at the viewpoint we continue to the actual monastery to learn more about the religious practices of the region while observing the daily life and practices of the local monks. This “tiger nest” monastery is one of the holiest in the region and a popular attraction for both locals and tourists alike. We then make a return trip to Paro to enjoy the completion of the trip.
Day 6 DepartureDepending on your flight time you may be able to see a few more attractions before departing approximately 3 hours before the scheduled flight time. You will be escorted to the airport with a representative from Good Karma trekking staff. After our farewells, you will have plenty of time to plan your next adventure with Good Karma, as one time is never enough.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car / van / bus (all airport transfers).
- Standard government approved accommodation (in twin share rooms) for the duration of tour.
- licensed English speaking Bhutanese Tour Guides.
- All Monument /Museum sightseeing tours, entrance Fees as per itinerary.
- All meals fixed breakfast, lunch & dinner with Tea and Coffee while remaining in Bhutan
- Government Royalty (which is 35% of $250) this goes to the country's health & education projects.
- Private Transport & Driver within Bhutan. (Imported Prado's, Micro Buses & Toyota Coaster Buses)
- Toyota 4 X 4 luggage vans & light trucks for group travel
- All our government taxes.
- Tourist service charge, vat.
- Official expense
- Bhutan Visa Fees and Visa Processing assistance
- Bottled/alcoholic/cold drinks, room service and al a cart meals.
- Your travel insurance (compulsory).
- International airfares and airport departure tax.
- Photography charges (if and when applicable).
- Items of a personal nature such as laundry.
- Personal Equipment.
- Tips to guides, restaurants, hotel lobby. (Tipping is expected.)
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.
Sarankot Dhampus HikingThis 3 day 2 night hiking trip is a Nepalese classic. The path passes through…
Duration: 5 Days
Sun Koshi River RaftingBoasting warm water, the Sun Koshi is know for its foamy water and narrow canyons…
Duration: 10 to 11 Days
Dhampus Day Hike
Shivapuri Hiking for Nagi GumpaShivapuri situated at an altitude of 2563m north of Kathmandu is second highest hill around…
Duration: 1 Day
Nagarkot Dhulikhel HikingThis 3 day 2-night trek offers a chance to combine Nagarkot and Dhulikhel which are…
Duration: 3 Days
- This 3 day 2 night hiking trip is a Nepalese classic. The path passes through…
- Boasting warm water, the Sun Koshi is know for its foamy water and narrow canyons…
- Ever since Eric Valli published a book and made a film on Honey Hunting, it…
- Dhampus Day hike is the best things to do if you are free for a…
- Shivapuri situated at an altitude of 2563m north of Kathmandu is second highest hill around…
- Adventure Himalayan helicopter flight over the Himalayas is a unique and adventurous way to see…
- Sport fishing, like hunting receives little attention in Nepal as few Nepalese pursue this leisure…
- This 3 day 2-night trek offers a chance to combine Nagarkot and Dhulikhel which are…
- Paragliding is perhaps the most rewarding of short duration adventure sports given the fact that…