Duration: 20 Days
A strenuous but rewarding trek around the Annapurna region combining the beauty of the range, local cultures, the worlds deepest gorge and several high paths, Dhaulagiri is a wonderful choice for those looking to experience a wide range of mountain climates in the beauty of the Himalayan Region. Dhaulagiri is home to views of the greater Annapurna Range including sights of Thorong Peak, Annapurna and Dhaulagiri as you move along the Kali Gandaki River through the timeless Kaligandaki Gorge. We will pass through a wide range of charming ethnic groups including Gurung, Chhetri and Magar people to learn more about the local culture and how they have adjusted their life to the harsh mountain landscape.
- Destnation: Nepal
- Activities: Trekking
- Duration: 14 - 21 Days
- Region: Other
- Best Season: Spring / Summer / Autumn
- Group Size: 02+ Pax
Day 1 Arrival in KathmanduUpon your arrival to the airport, you will be greeted by the friendly Good Karma Trekking staff who will escort you to your accommodation in Kathmandu. After settling in and exploring the streets of Thamel, we will arrange a special welcome diner featuring local specialties to introduce you to the city and the Good Karma team.
Day 2 Kathmandu SightseeingToday we will take a tour featuring the highlights of Kathmandu including several UNESCO world heritage sites such as Durbar Square and Pashupati temple before visiting Sqayambhunath, and Buddha Nath, which is one of the largest Buddhist stupas in the world. After lunch, we will hold a briefing with your trekking guide addressing any questions or concerns you may have about your trip.
Day 3 Kathmandu to Beni via PokharaWe will either take a short but scenic mountain flight to Pokhara or take the traditional bus ride through the scenic terraced fields and scenery of the Kathmandu Valley to Pokhara before continuing to Beni. We continue along a scenic river before arriving in the traditional riverside town of Beni before making camp for the night.
Day 4 Trek to BabichaurWe begin our trek passing along the Kali Gandaki River before crossing a suspension bridge and continuing along the Myagdi Khola River. We will pass a series of charming towns stopping to chat with locals before arriving at Babichaur for a traditional dinner during the evening.
Day 5 Trek to DharapaniWe will continue along the scenic trail passing through the diverse lowland vegetation before arriving in the traditional farming town of Dharapani known for its terraced agricultural fields.
Day 6 Trek to MuriThe trail begins to rise first gradually then sharply to the town of Muri. We will stop at several scenic vantage points offering views of several Himalayan peaks looming over the beautiful valley before making camp for the night.
Day 7 Muri to BogharaTodays hike is relatively easy in the morning and makes a gradual descent leading to a steep rocky path where you will notice a gradual change in landscape as you continue your ascent. We then move through the quaint town of Phedi before arriving in Boghara to make camp under the tranquil starlight sky.
Day 8 Boghara to DhobanWe follow a difficult trail leading to a series of ropes to assist you along the way. After a long climb, the trail gently descends to a tranquil forest before entering a rocky area leading to Dhoban.
Day 9 Dhoban to Italian Base CampThe trail passes through a scenic area offering views of the mountains in the distance before reaching the Italian Base Camp. We will take time to travel to a scenic vantage point to see the beautify Himalayan sunset as the mountains reflect the pinkish light.
Day 10 Rest dayWe will spend a day resting for the strenuous climbs to come while exploring the local scenery. You have the option of taking a hike to a particularly scenic location offering timeless views of the valley below.
Day 11 Italian Base Camp to Glacier CampWe continue across a timeless glacier assisted by ropes to pass a few challenging passes leading to the top of the glacial formation. The rough trail leads to a particularly scenic path offering views of many Himalayan giants.
Day 12 Dhaulagiri Base CampWe continue through a rocky path that slowly becomes more icy taking our time to safely climb our way to the windy but scenic Base Camp to enjoy up close views of the northern face of Dhaulagiri during the evening.
Day 13 Acclimatization DayWe will take a full day rest to properly acclimate ourselves to the higher altitudes to prevent any health problems due to thin air. The day is yours to relax although a short excursion is recommended for proper acclimatization.
Day 14 Trek to French ColWe will take a difficult rope assisted climb along the steep moraine leading towards the French Col. After passing slowly through the rope trail we will move to a relaxing trail to see the panoramic mountain views from the historical French Col.
Day 17 Yak Kharka to JomsonWe take a relaxing downhill hike to the town of Marpha where we will enjoy an afternoon lunch before continuing along a snowy path leading to the Thapa Pass. Stopping to admire the timeless views, we then continue to Jomson to celebrate the completion of our trek in the regional capital.
Day 18 Jomson to PokharaWe will take an early breakfast before making a scenic mountain flight to Pokhara offering views of the gorge, Annapurna and Dhaulagirl. Upon arrival in the peaceful lakeside town you have a free afternoon to rest or visit some of the highlights of the charming city.
Day 19 Return to KathmanduWe will return along the scenic road back to Kathmandu to spend the evening celebrating the completion of your trip in the backpacker haven of Thamel before attending a cultural dinner offering traditional food, dance and music. We will then escort you back to your hotel for a well-deserved rest at your hotel for the night.
Day 20 DepartureToday, a Member of the Good Karma team will escort you to the airport for your flight. After saying our farewells you will continue on your journey with fond memories of you adventure in Nepal.
- Airport pick up & Transfer to hotel
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis (Tourist Standard Hotel to Five Star deluxe Hotel in Kathmandu as you prefer)
- Government license holder Trekking Guide.
- Trekking porter /Sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking.
- Three time meal during the trekking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Tea house , Lodge, Tent accommodation as per the requirement.
- Trekker’s Information Management system (TIMS)
- Conservation area fee & all essential permits as per Nepal Government rule.
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, Good Karma Trekking duffel bag, t-shirt, and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion)&( optionally if you have your own bags, down jackets and wants to use your own you are free to bring them)
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- Trekking guide and porters accommodation, fare, meal, equipments and salary & Insurance
- All program as mentioned in itinerary.
- Government Tax and office service charge.
- Welcome Dinner
- Airport drop
- Nepal Visa fee
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, Soft drinks such as cola, , shower & any Purely personal nature expenses etc)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Tips for guides and porters
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed Sightseeing and entrance fees in Kathmandu to any temples and monastery
Bhote Koshi River RaftingThe Bhote Koshi offers spectacular views of valleys and gorges while offering many challenging rapids…
Duration: 1 to 2 Days
Karnali River RaftingThe Karnali, known as one of the strongest and most beautiful rivers in the region…
Duration: 10 Days
- Meditation Centers Meditation has steadily gained popularity over the last decade resulting in numerous centers…
- Adventure Himalayan helicopter flight over the Himalayas is a unique and adventurous way to see…
- Nepal serving as the nexus of Buddhist and Hindu culture and traditions makes an ideal…
- The Bhote Koshi offers spectacular views of valleys and gorges while offering many challenging rapids…
- Paragliding is perhaps the most rewarding of short duration adventure sports given the fact that…
- Sport fishing, like hunting receives little attention in Nepal as few Nepalese pursue this leisure…
- The Karnali, known as one of the strongest and most beautiful rivers in the region…
- Let your spirits fly and take a leap of 160 meters with nothing but a…
- Volunteering in Nepal creates a mutually beneficial and rewarding experience for everyone involved. Although a…