Duration: 10 Days
The Druk Path Trek passes through a gorgeous natural landscape of blue pine forests, high ridges and pristine lakes while at the same time offering the opportunity to visit some ancient lhakhangs, dzongs and villages. The Druk Path Trek is also a fairly easy hike to undertake as the distances between rest camps is fairly short. The trail takes you through forests of fir, blue pine and dwarf rhododendrons at altitudes ranging between 2400-4200 m. On the third day hikers will arrive at Jimiling Lake, whose crystal clear waters are home to gigantic trout. This trek also offers hikers stunning views of Mt. Gangkar Puensum, the highest unscaled peak in the world.
- Destination: Bhutan
- Activities: Trekking
- Duration: 7 - 14 Days
- Region: Bhutan
- Best Season: Spring / Summer / Autumn
- Group Size: 02+ Pax
Day 1 Arrival at ParoAfter arriving from your scenic mountain flight to Para, you will be greeted by a friendly representative of Good Karma Trekking who will take you directly to your hotel. After you get settled in, we will take an afternoon visit to the National Museum of Bhutan known as Ta-Dzong. The museum offers tremendous insight into the tradition and history of the Bhutanese people and government as it has changed throughout the years. We then continue to the Paro Dzong which serves as the administrate center for the district to explore the beautiful architecture of the city before having welcome drink and dinner in Paro.
Day 2 Paro SightseeingAfter breakfast we will take a 3-hour morning hike to visit the holy Taktsang Monastery. The peaceful hike offers some stunning views of the city and surrounding lowland. After resting at the viewpoint we continue to the actual monastery to learn more about the religious practices of the region while observing the daily life and practices of the local monks. This “tiger nest” monastery is one of the holiest in the region and a popular attraction for both locals and tourists alike. We will then hike back to Paro taking time to explore the charming city before returning to the hotel for the evening.
Day 3 Ta Dzong and Jele DzongAfter breakfast at the hotel, we will begin our trek after visiting the Ta Dzong museum by taking a peaceful uphill trail through a series of farmhouses as we pass through a charming forest. We then continue through a coniferous region home to a wide range of indigenous flora and fauna on the way to the Jelela Pass. We proceed on a short downhill trail to our campsite nestled amongst traditional yak grazing land for the evening.
Day 4 Jele Dzong to Jangchuk IhakhaWe continue on the trail to Jangchuk Lhakha camp reaching an altitude of 3,780 meters passing through Jele Dzong, which is home to a monastery institute provided theology classes to interested students. We then continue along an up and down trail along a scenic ridge passes through sparse forest offering some excellent views of the lowlands and mountains alike. We will make camp for the night near the quaint to of Jangchuk Ihakha to enjoy the peaceful silence under the clear star filled sky.
Day 5 Jangchuk Ihakha to Jimi LangtsoWe begin along the route to the timeless Jimi Langtso Lake, which will be one of the highlights of our trek situated at 3,880 meters. We hike 6 hours through a diverse climate passing through dense forests before moving through desert like hillsides. We will have the chance to spot a wide range of local flora and fauna on our hike before reaching a famous vantage point offering views of Kanchenjuna, Chomolhari, Jichu Drakey and Tsrim Gan. We continue along a high mountain pass before arriving at the crystal clear lake where we will make camp and relax during the evening.
Day 6 Jimilangtso to PhojodingWe will take an early breakfast before moving along the yak trail to Phojoding. We proceed moving through several mountain passes topping 4,000 meters before reaching the carven of blue sheep. We then move to Lake Janetso, which is home to a wide range of fish including local trout while offering panoramic views of the towering snowcapped mountains. Finally, we reach the Phajoding Pass known for its views to the capital city of Thimphu before continuing on a short downhill path to our campsite.
Day 7 Phajoding to ThimphuWaking early, we will take a morning hike under a moonlight path to catch the sunrise from Phajoding. We can begin our last day of hiking either early in the morning to give you more time in Thimphu or we can explore several historic temples in the region for a later arrival in the capital city. Either way, we will move along mixed forests for a short 2-hour like to Tashi Delek. After saying farewell to your guide, we will drive to Thimphu to explore the capital city for the evening.
Day 8 Thimphu SightseeingWe will begin with a trip to the National Memorial Chorten honoring King Jigme Dorji Wangchuk for his dedication to Bhutan before exploring the Changangkha Temple and National Animal Sanctuary known for its scenic views of Thimphu. We then continue to the Spiritual Zilukha Nunnery and Dechenphodrang monistic school before lunch. We then continue to the National Library, School of Arts, traditional handicrafts center and the local goldsmiths while admiring the diverse craftsmanship of the Bhutanese people. We finish the day with a visit to the Tashi Chhodzong, which serves as the parliamentary capital known for its traditional architecture. We then take some time to explore the charming city before returning to the hotel for the evening.
Day 9 Thimphu to ParoAfter a few hours of leisure time in the morning we will continue our trip by driving back to Paro along a scenic route along the Wangchuck and Pa-Chu rivers. We will continue through several scenic traditional towns and chortens before passing over a large bridge and arriving on Paro.
Day 10 DepartureDepending on your flight time you may be able to see a few more attractions before departing approximately 3 hours before the scheduled flight time. You will be escorted to the airport with a representative from Good Karma trekking staff. After our farewells, you will have plenty of time to plan your next adventure with Good Karma, as one time is never enough.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car / van / bus (all airport transfers).
- Standard government approved accommodation (in twin share rooms) for the duration of tour.
- licensed English speaking Bhutanese Tour Guides.
- All Monument /Museum sightseeing tours, entrance Fees as per itinerary.
- All meals fixed breakfast, lunch & dinner with Tea and Coffee while remaining in Bhutan
- Government Royalty (which is 35% of $250) this goes to the country's health & education projects.
- Private Transport & Driver within Bhutan. (Imported Prado's, Micro Buses & Toyota Coaster Buses)
- Toyota 4 X 4 luggage vans & light trucks for group travel
- All our government taxes.
- Tourist service charge, vat.
- Official expense
- Bhutan Visa Fees and Visa Processing assistance
Pharping Asura Cave meditation day tour
Trishuli River RaftingThe increasing popular Trisuli River offers views of farming valleys and large gorges with regions…
Duration: 1 to 3 Days
Marshyangdi River RaftingMarshyvangdi is an excellent aventure packed trip offering very steep and challenging rapids along the…
Duration: 3 Days
Bhote Koshi River RaftingThe Bhote Koshi offers spectacular views of valleys and gorges while offering many challenging rapids…
Duration: 1 to 2 Days
- The latest adrenaline cocktail of choice is Canyoning, an activity that involves abseiling, sliding, jumping,…
- Are you looking for meditation day tour in Kathmandu? Join retreat program in the sacred…
- The increasing popular Trisuli River offers views of farming valleys and large gorges with regions…
- Marshyvangdi is an excellent aventure packed trip offering very steep and challenging rapids along the…
- The Bhote Koshi offers spectacular views of valleys and gorges while offering many challenging rapids…
- Volunteering in Nepal creates a mutually beneficial and rewarding experience for everyone involved. Although a…
- .We have major destination covered including kathmandu , Pokhara Chitwan , Lumnini, Nagarkot and many…
- Adventure Himalayan helicopter flight over the Himalayas is a unique and adventurous way to see…
- Hurtling down dirt roads on a mountain bike is a popular activity for adventure seekers…