The Everest view trek is designed for those looking to explore the Khumbu Region on a shorter trek while incorporating all aspects of local culture, customs and lifestyles of the Sherpa people. Passing along the foothills of Everest, the maximum altitude is 3870 meters and is an excellent way to explore the region without having to travel at high altitudes. We will pass through the classic monastery route to Tengpoche, which offers stunning panoramic views of the Himalayan giants including the best views of Ama Dablam known as the “Matterhorn of Khumbu”. This trek is perfect for time constrained adventure seekers or those who prefer not to make steep ascents while immersing themselves in the beauty of Everest and the mystery and spiritualism of the Khumbu people.
- Destination: Nepal
- Activities: Trekking
- Duration: 7 - 14 Days
- Region: Everest
- Max. Altitude: 3870 m
- Best Season: Spring / Summer / Autumn
- Group Size: 01+ Pax
Day 1 Arrival in KathmanduUpon your arrival to the airport, you will be greeted by the friendly Good Karma Trekking staff who will escort you to your accommodation in Kathmandu. After settling in and exploring the streets of Thamel, we will arrange a special welcome diner featuring local specialties to introduce you to the city and the Good Karma team.
Day 2 Kathmandu SightseeingToday we will take a tour featuring the highlights of Kathmandu including several UNESCO world heritage sites such as Durbar Square and Pashupati temple before visiting Sqayambhunath, and Buddha Nath, which is one of the largest Buddhist stupas in the world. After lunch, we will hold a briefing with your trekking guide addressing any questions or concerns you may have about your trip.
Day 3 Kathmandu to LuklaWe will take a scenic flight offering view of tremendous mountain peaks before arriving in Lukla, which serves as the gate to Everest. After meeting our team, we will trek through Lukla to Phakding with an optional trip to a near by monastery for those interested.
Day 4 Phakding to Namche BazaarToday features a relaxing hike with several river crossings as we pass through Jorsale into Sagarmatha National park before arriving in Namche Bazaar. Namche Bazaar offers excellent views of Kwangde Peak, Kusum Kangaru, Mt. Everest, Lhotse and Tawache as well as several other notable Kumbu peaks and mountains.
Day 5 Acclimatization Day at Namche BazaarIn order to prevent altitude sickness, we will spend the day either taking a short hike to Thame or exploring the charming town of Namche Bazaar. The optional trek takes us to Sagarmatha National Park, which offers insight into the history and the Sherpa culture and mountaineering in the Khumbu Region. Upon return to Namche Bazaar, you can wander the prosperous trading town and explore its famous markets while enjoying several modern shops and restaurants or visiting the famous night market.
Day 6 Namche Bazzar to TengpocheWe continue along a flat trail through the town of Sanasa offering pristine views of Ama Dablam before arriving in the village of Phunki Thanga. We continue on a steep path until we reach Tengpoche monastery offering unparalleled views of the Himalayan giants uncluding Everest.
Day 7 Tengpoche to KhumjungThe trail droops toward a river before rising as we pass by a river before arriving at the traditional Sherpa settlement of Khumjung. This is the largest village in the Khumbu region and is home to a Yeti skull, a historic hospital and the famous Edmund Hillary School named after the famous mountaineer who first scaled Everest. today we will be in Everest View Lodge
Day 8 Khumjung to MonjoIn the morning we shall take a different route back to the Shyangboche airstrip on the way to Namche. Today is a relatively easy day and we have time to stroll along, at a leisurely pace and absorb the magnificent surrounding scenery. We will lunch at Namche Bazaar and there will be plenty of time to explore the bazaar and shops before we descend back to the Dudh Koshi River Valley and to the village of Jorsale. We then head to the next village of Monjo where we will spend the night.
Day 9 Monjo to LuklaWe return along the trail passing above Dudh Kosi on the way to Jiri before arriving in Lukla in the afternoon. We will take time to admire our trek and have a small celebration in Lukla while learning about the Sherpa Culture.
Day 10 Lukla to KathmanduWe will fly back to Kathmandu where you can relax in the hotel or continue to explore the city. Today is a great time to do some shopping or exploring the countless temples and markets of the city. We will meet for a celebration diner during the evening to mark the completion of your journey.
Day 11 DepartureToday, a Member of the Good Karma team will escort you to the airport for your flight. After saying our farewells you will continue on your journey with fond memories of you adventure in Nepal.
- Airport pick up & Transfer to hotel
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis (Tourist Standard Hotel to Five Star deluxe Hotel in Kathmandu as you prefer)
- Government license holder Trekking Guide.
- Trekking porter /Sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking.
- Three time meal during the trekking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Trekker’s Information Management system (TIMS)
- Everest Conservation area fee
- Kathmandu- Lukla – Kathmandu Round Trip Flight Ticket .
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, Good Karma Trekking duffel bag, t-shirt, and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion)&( optionally if you have your own bags, down jackets and wants to use your own you are free to bring them)
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- Trekking guide and porters accommodation, fare, meal, equipments and salary & Insurance
- All program as mentioned in itinerary.
- Government Tax and office service charge.
- Welcome Dinner
- Airport drop
- Nepal Visa fee & sightseeing entry Fees while in day tour
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, Soft drinks such as cola,tea, coffe , shower & any Purely personal nature expenses etc)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Tips for guides and porters
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
Seti River RaftingThe warm and welcoming Seti River is excellent for a more relaxed rafting experience for…
Duration: 2 Days
Day hiking near KathmanduChampadevi: Roughly 2300 meters in elevation the pilgrimage includes a trip to both an important…
Duration: 1 Day
Sun Koshi River RaftingBoasting warm water, the Sun Koshi is know for its foamy water and narrow canyons…
Duration: 10 to 11 Days
Pharping Asura Cave meditation day tour
A day hiking to NAGARJUNANagarjuna hill another view points close to the Kathmandu city located West of Kathmandu, the…
Duration: 1 Day
- Hurtling down dirt roads on a mountain bike is a popular activity for adventure seekers…
- Nepal serving as the nexus of Buddhist and Hindu culture and traditions makes an ideal…
- The warm and welcoming Seti River is excellent for a more relaxed rafting experience for…
- Champadevi: Roughly 2300 meters in elevation the pilgrimage includes a trip to both an important…
- Boasting warm water, the Sun Koshi is know for its foamy water and narrow canyons…
- Volunteering in Nepal creates a mutually beneficial and rewarding experience for everyone involved. Although a…
- Ticketing for transportation including flights and buses varies from international norms and online bookings are…
- Are you looking for meditation day tour in Kathmandu? Join retreat program in the sacred…
- Nagarjuna hill another view points close to the Kathmandu city located West of Kathmandu, the…