Duration: 16 Days
Explore the remote nearly untouched mountain range surrounding Ganesh Himal to learn about the traditional lifestyles of the secluded people in the beauty of unscathed mountain trails. Located between the Langtang and Manaslu Ranges, Ganesh Himal named after the elephant headed god of fortune offers timeless views of multiple diverse mountain ranges, rivers and valleys without the crowds of more popular ranges. Explore the crystal clear lakes near basecamp as you move from the scenic greenery of the lowlands to the barren desert like paths leading up the mountain. Have a truly unique adventure and while enjoying the views of Ganesh Himal, Langtang, Annapurna, Manaslu, Lamjung and the famous fishtail formation in the tranquil relaxing vantage points only found in Ganesh Himal.
- Destination: Nepal
- Activities: Trekking
- Duration: 14 - 21 Days
- Region: Other
- Best Season: Spring / Summer / Autumn
- Group Size: 02+ Pax
Day 1 Arrival in KathmanduUpon your arrival to the airport, you will be greeted by the friendly Good Karma Trekking staff who will escort you to your accommodation in Kathmandu. After settling in and exploring the streets of Thamel, we will arrange a special welcome diner featuring local specialties to introduce you to the city and the Good Karma team.
Day 2 Kathmandu SightseeingToday we will take a tour featuring the highlights of Kathmandu including several UNESCO world heritage sites such as Durbar Square and Pashupati temple before visiting Sqayambhunath, and Buddha Nath, which is one of the largest Buddhist stupas in the world. After lunch, we will hold a briefing with your trekking guide addressing any questions or concerns you may have about your trip.
Day 3 Kathmandu to PairebeshiWe will take a scenic drive through the Kathmandu valley passing through traditional villages, terraced agriculture fields, powerful waterfalls and holy lakes on the way to the mixed cultural village of Pairebeshi.
Day 4 Pairebeshi to KispangWe being our trek following along a steep trail passing along a chain of quaint traditional villages before arriving in the small town of Kispang home to the Tamang known for their traditional farming techniques.
Day 5 Trek to BhalcheThe trail leads up through some scenic greenery home to a wide range of flora and fauna leading into a dense forest. After resting at a scenic vantage point we will continue to Bhalche to make camp in the forest.
Day 6 Bhalche to GongaWe continue through the rhododendron encrusted forest learning more about the local wildlife on the way to Gonga where we will enjoy a scenic mountain sunset before resting for the night.
Day 7 Trek to RupchetThe trail becomes increasingly steep as we leave Gonga. As we ascend, you will notice the rapid change of scenery as the terrain becomes more barren as we approach the alpine area.
Day 8 Rest DayWe will spend a day resting for the strenuous climbs to come while exploring the local scenery. You have the option of taking a hike to a particularly scenic location offering timeless views of the valley below.
Day 9 Trek to Kharka via SinglaThe trail begins with a steep 2-hour climb before reaching the scenic town of Singla known for its views of the Himalayan giants including Ganesh Himal, Langtang and Manaslu towering over the icy region. We then retrace our steps to Rupchet and continue to the town of Kharka to enjoy a traditional meal and relax during the evening.
Day 10 Kharka to Pang Sang LaWe continue along a ridge gradually rising to the historical Pang Sang La Pass known for its panoramic views of the timeless snowcapped mountains in the distance. We will make camp near the pass to enjoy the scenery while we rest.
Day 11 Trek to SomdangToday is one of the most enjoyable days of the trek as the mountain tapestry is constantly in view as you slow approach the intimidating peaks of the Ganesh Himal Region. We will spend the night near the traditional Tamang village of Somdang taking time to talk with locals and learn more about the traditional lifestyle of the friendly hill people.
Day 12 Trek to GatlangWe take a long walk passing through several scenic viewpoints through a forest on the way to the village of Gatlang. This town is a traditional resting point and serves as the entryway to the traditional Tamang heritage trails throughout the region.
Day 13 Trek to SyabrubesiWe will continue our descent passing through the beautiful terraced fields through a chain of traditional villages each with their own unique charm and traditions. The hike offers excellent views as you descend with a mix of mountain and lowland scenery making for a relaxed and tranquil hike.
Day 14 Return to KathmanduWe will return along the scenic road back to Kathmandu to spend the evening celebrating the completion of your trip in the backpacker haven of Thamel before taking a well deserved rest at your hotel for the night.
Day 15 Free day in KathmanduToday is a great day to do any additional sightseeing. Visit any additional temples or places of interest while you explore the bustling streets of the spiritual capital city. You may also take some time to do some souvenir shopping at the countless stores offering traditional Nepalese products and handicrafts. We will arrange a celebratory cultural dinner with traditional food, music and dancing to make sure you get the most our of your trip to Nepal.
Day 16 DepartureToday, a Member of the Good Karma team will escort you to the airport for your flight. After saying our farewells you will continue on your journey with fond memories of you adventure in Nepal.
- Airport pick up & Transfer to hotel
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis (Tourist Standard Hotel to Five Star deluxe Hotel in Kathmandu as you prefer)
- Government license holder Trekking Guide.
- Trekking porter /Sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking.
- Three time meal during the trekking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Tea house , Lodge, Tent accommodation as per the requirement.
- Trekker’s Information Management system (TIMS)
- Conservation area fee & all essential permits as per Nepal Government rule.
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, Good Karma Trekking duffel bag, t-shirt, and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion)&( optionally if you have your own bags, down jackets and wants to use your own you are free to bring them)
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- Trekking guide and porters accommodation, fare, meal, equipments and salary & Insurance
- All program as mentioned in itinerary.
- Government Tax and office service charge.
- Welcome Dinner
- Airport drop
- Nepal Visa fee
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, Soft drinks such as cola, , shower & any Purely personal nature expenses etc)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Tips for guides and porters
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed Sightseeing and entrance fees in Kathmandu to any temples and monastery
Balthali Village hiking TourBalthali Village is a small authentic village just 40km away from Kathmandu. The area surrounding…
Duration: 3 Days
Pharping Asura Cave meditation day tour
Trishuli River RaftingThe increasing popular Trisuli River offers views of farming valleys and large gorges with regions…
Duration: 1 to 3 Days
Seti River RaftingThe warm and welcoming Seti River is excellent for a more relaxed rafting experience for…
Duration: 2 Days
- Balthali Village is a small authentic village just 40km away from Kathmandu. The area surrounding…
- Are you looking for meditation day tour in Kathmandu? Join retreat program in the sacred…
- Meditation Centers Meditation has steadily gained popularity over the last decade resulting in numerous centers…
- Sport fishing, like hunting receives little attention in Nepal as few Nepalese pursue this leisure…
- Adventure Himalayan helicopter flight over the Himalayas is a unique and adventurous way to see…
- The increasing popular Trisuli River offers views of farming valleys and large gorges with regions…
- The warm and welcoming Seti River is excellent for a more relaxed rafting experience for…
- Ever since Eric Valli published a book and made a film on Honey Hunting, it…
- Paragliding is perhaps the most rewarding of short duration adventure sports given the fact that…