Duration: 16 Days
The popular Langtang Ganja La pass offers an excellent way to combine some of the best Himalayan views including Ganesh Himal, Langtang Lirung, Yala peak, Naya Kanga and several of the Annapurna peaks while experience the culture and traditions of the Tibetan people while passing over the windy pass. Unlike many other treks, the Ganja La offers a more adventure packed experience spanning barren desert like regions and peaceful rhododendron encrusted forest trails. This trek requires additional mountaineering expertize to transverse the pass which includes the use crampons, ropes and other climbing equipment. If you are unfamiliar with these techniques you guides and porters will give you a first hand lesson to take your hiking skills to the next level. The challenging but rewarding trek is a perfect for trekkers looking to go to the next level with a decent level of fitness.
- Destination: Nepal
- Activities: Trekking
- Duration: 14 - 21 Days
- Region: Langtang
- Max. Altitude: 4,100 m
- Best Season: Spring / Summer / Autumn
- Group Size: 02+ Pax
Day 1 Arrive in Kathmandu [1300 m/4264 ft] Upon your arrival in the Kathmandu airport (TIA), you will be greeted by a representative from the Good Karma Trekking team holding a sign with your name in the parking lot. After a brief introduction, you will be escorted to your hotel. After check in, and welcome drinks you will be free to explore around the backpacker haven of Thamel.
Day 2 Kathmandu [1300 m/4264 ft]Today after breakfast we will start a guided tour to several of the most historical and spiritual attractions in Kathmandu including Durbar Square, and Pashupati temple that are both Unesco World Heritage Sites. You will also visit the famous 'Monkey Temple' (Swayambunath) and Buddhists shrine (Buddha Nath) that is one of the large Stupas in the world. Afterwards, you will meet with your trek leader for a briefing and a short question and answer section about your trip. You will also have time to shop for any additional trekking equipment with staff assistance if needed.
Day 3 Kathmandu to Syabru BesiWe will take a scenic 9 hour drive through a scenic winding series of roads passing through diverse local villages, terraced farming fields, powerful rivers and charming waterfalls on the way to Dhunche. After processing all of our entry permits and documents, we will continue our ride to Syabrus Besi with time to explore the town in the evening.
Day 4 Syabru Besi to Lama HotelWe begin with a scenic hike passing through a peaceful forest path along the river passing by cliffs that are home to local beehives before reaching Bamboo Village where we will stop for lunch. We then take a short uphill hike and arrive at Lama hotel for the night.
Day 5 Lama Hotel to Langtang ValleyWe will continue through the scenic forest as it grows increasingly dense on the way to the small town of Ghora Tabela to stop for lunch. We continue uphill for 3 hours to reach the Tibetan village of Langtang where we will take some time to exchange with the locals and observe their traditional lifestyles.
Day 6 Langtang Valley to Kyanjing GompaWe continue along the mountain path on an easy trail taking time to enjoy a few particularly beautiful vantage points before reaching Kyanjing Gompa. The town is famous for its hospitality and offers timeless views of Himalayan giants Ganchempo and Langtang Himal.
Day 7 Kyanjing Gompa Acclimation dayDue to high altitudes, we will take a day to allow our bodies to acclimate to lower oxygen level to prevent any health complications. We will visit the local monastery to see the daily lives of the local monks before visiting the local cheese production process. We also offer the opportunity to visit either the Kyanjing Ri or Langshisha Khara vantage points to the north of the glacier.
Day 8 Kyanjing Gompa to NgegangWe continue our ascent through a barren path with no villages or inhabitants. After a long hike we will make camp and spend the night in a tent, as no accommodation is available. This is a great chance to feel at one with nature and the night silence and stars create a relaxed yet adventurous atmosphere.
Day 9 Ngegang to KeldangToday is one of the more difficult hikes of the trip as we will transverse the Ganja La Pass. This snowy and often slippery path offers tremendous views but requires some technical expertise and you guide will assist you to make sure everyone crosses safely and enjoys the views along the way.
Day 10 Keldang to DukpuWe will continue along a rapidly changing path crossing forests, ridges, grasslands, and mountains offering spectacular panoramic views of the region and its diversity displaying the dense forests nestled amongst intimidating peaks.
Day 11 Dukpu to Tarkeghyang We will transverse the historic pass located at an altitude of 4,100 meters home to views of both the Annapurna and Everest Region. The trail the descends through a dense pine forest on the way to the traditional farming settlement of Tarkeghyangi where we will rest for the evening after learning more about the local customs and religious practices.
Day 12 Tarkeghyang to ShrmathangWe continue along a relaxing and relatively easy trail along the regions flatland, which are home to a wide range of local flora and fauna. We will continue through small steams and waterfalls before resting in a small traditional village for lunch. We will then continue to Shermathang which is home to several timeless monasteries offering excellent ranges of Jugal Himal amongst the tranquility of local Tibetan monks.
Day 13 Shermathang to Melamchi Pul BazaarOur last day of hiking is along a gradually descending path in the heart of scenic meadows and traditionally farmed terraced vegetable fields. We will pass through several traditional mountain villages known for their timeless architecture before reaching Melamchi Pul Bazaar to rest and celebrate the completion of our scenic journey
Day 14 Drive to KathmanduWe will take a short morning hike to catch a bus, which will bring us along the scenic road to Kathmandu where you will be free to rest or explore during the evening.
Day 15 Free day in KathmanduToday is a great time to do some shopping or exploring the countless temples and markets of the city. The day is yours to relax or take in the bustling environment of the backpacker haven of Thamel. We will meet for a celebration diner during the evening to mark the completion of your journey.
Day 16 DepartureToday, a Member of the Good Karma team will escort you to the airport for your flight. After saying our farewells you will continue on your journey with fond memories of you adventure in Nepal.
- Airport pick up & Transfer to hotel
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis (Tourist Standard Hotel to Five Star deluxe Hotel in Kathmandu as you prefer)
- Government license holder Trekking Guide.
- Trekking porter /Sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking.
- Three time meal during the trekking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Trekker’s Information Management system (TIMS)
- Langtang Conservation area fee
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, Good Karma Trekking duffel bag, t-shirt, and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion)&( optionally if you have your own bags, down jackets and wants to use your own you are free to bring them)
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- Trekking guide and porters accommodation, fare, meal, equipments and salary & Insurance
- All program as mentioned in itinerary.
- Government Tax and office service charge.
- Welcome Dinner
- Airport drop
- Nepal Visa fee
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, Soft drinks such as cola, , shower & any Purely personal nature expenses etc)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Tips for guides and porters
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed Sightseeing and entrance fees in Kathmandu to any temples and monastery
Sun Koshi River RaftingBoasting warm water, the Sun Koshi is know for its foamy water and narrow canyons…
Duration: 10 to 11 Days
Dhampus Day Hike
Seti River RaftingThe warm and welcoming Seti River is excellent for a more relaxed rafting experience for…
Duration: 2 Days
Shivapuri Hiking in KathmanduLocated north of Kathmandu at an elevation of 2563 meters, Shivapuri is the 2nd highest…
Duration: 1 Day
- Meditation Centers Meditation has steadily gained popularity over the last decade resulting in numerous centers…
- Boasting warm water, the Sun Koshi is know for its foamy water and narrow canyons…
- Dhampus Day hike is the best things to do if you are free for a…
- Well known as one of the most popular hiking roots in Nepal, this 3 day…
- Volunteering in Nepal creates a mutually beneficial and rewarding experience for everyone involved. Although a…
- The latest adrenaline cocktail of choice is Canyoning, an activity that involves abseiling, sliding, jumping,…
- Ticketing for transportation including flights and buses varies from international norms and online bookings are…
- The warm and welcoming Seti River is excellent for a more relaxed rafting experience for…
- Located north of Kathmandu at an elevation of 2563 meters, Shivapuri is the 2nd highest…