Duration: 21 Days
The most popular trekking region in Nepal and possibly the world is home to the highest mountains, charming villages, majestic lakes and the mysterious Sherpa people. This trek combines all the highlights of the Khumbu region including the Gokyo Lakes, Cho La pass, Kala Patthar and of course Everest Base Camp. Enjoy the relaxing lakes, strenuous glaciers, peaceful monasteries and charming hospitality that can only be found on this trek. The ultimate way to combine adventure, spirituality and the hospitality of the Khumbu region all in one package.
- Destination: Nepal
- Activities: Trekking
- Duration: 14 - 21 Days
- Region: Everest
- Best Season: Spring / Summer / Autumn
- Group Size: 02+ Pax
Day 1 Arrival in KathmanduUpon your arrival to the airport, you will be greeted by the friendly Good Karma Trekking staff who will escort you to your accommodation in Kathmandu. After settling in and exploring the streets of Thamel, we will arrange a special welcome diner featuring local specialties to introduce you to the city and the Good Karma team.
Day 2 Kathmandu SightseeingToday we will take a tour featuring the highlights of Kathmandu including several UNESCO world heritage sites such as Durbar Square and Pashupati temple before visiting Sqayambhunath, and Buddha Nath, which is one of the largest Buddhist stupas in the world. After lunch, we will hold a briefing with your trekking guide addressing any questions or concerns you may have about your trip.
Day 3 Kathmandu to LuklaWe will take a scenic flight offering view of tremendous mountain peaks before arriving in Lukla, which serves as the gate to Everest. After meeting our team, we will trek through Lukla to Phakding with an optional trip to a near by monastery for those interested.
Day 4 Phakding to Namche BazaarToday features a relaxing hike with several river crossings as we pass through Jorsale into Sagarmatha National park before arriving in Namche Bazaar. Namche Bazaar offers excellent views of Kwangde Peak, Kusum Kangaru, Mt. Everest, Lhotse and Tawache as well as several other notable Kumbu peaks and mountainsn.
Day 5 Acclimatization Day at Namche BazaarIn order to prevent altitude sickness, we will spend the day either taking a short hike to Thame or exploring the charming town of Namche Bazaar. The optional trek takes us to Sagarmatha National Park, which offers insight into the history and the Sherpa culture and mountaineering in the Khumbu Region. Upon return to Namche Bazaar, you can wander the prosperous trading town and explore its famous markets while enjoying several modern shops and restaurants or visiting the famous night market.
Day 6 Namche Bazzar to ThameWe start with a short uphill climb past a monastery as we enjoy the views of Konge Ri, Khumbi Yul and Kusum Kanguru nestled amongst peaceful rivers before passing through a forest and arriving at the village of Phorte. We then continue through Samde before bassing a bridge and arriving in Thame.
Day 7 Thame to KhumjungWe will continue back through the Bhote Kosi Valley before turning towards a quiet route to Khumjung. The quiet town is home to a picturesque gompa which offers timeless views of Thamserku, Kantega and Ama Dablam.
Day 8 Khumjung to DoleThe path from Khumjung passes up along a chorten on top of a ridge before descending toward Sanasa then rising to Mongla. Mongla offers panoramic views of some of the Himalayan Giants where we will rest before continuing through Phortse Tenga and arriving in the rhododendron covered town of Dole.
Day 9 Dole to MachhermoA short but strenuous climb takes us along a valley home to juniper and local mosses. We will pass through several quaint small villages offering views of Cho Oyu, Kantega and Thamserku before arriving in Machhermo.
Day 10 Machhermo to GokyoWe continue towards the Gokyo lakes through a scenic path to Pangka before viewing the holy lakes from a glacial path. After passing the second lake we will cross the Cho La glacier before continuing our lakeside walk to the town of Gokyo which offers views of Cho Oyu and Gyachung Kang surrounded by the crystal waters of the Gokyo Lakes.
Day 11 Rest day at GokyoToday is another acclimatization day spent enjoying the lakes around the region with an opportunity to climb Gokyo Ri depending on the weather. Gokyo Ri offers views of all 6 lakes of Gokyo as well as the best views of Everest, Lhotse and Makulu. This is an ideal place to watch the sunrise over the Himalayas before returning back to Gokyo for some must needed rest.
Day 12 Gokyo to Gokyo RiWe leave Gokyo village along a ridge, which takes us along the Ngozumpa Glacier transcending to the other side of the mountain. As we climb down to Thaknak, we enjoy timeless views of Cho Oyu and Gokyo Ri nestled in the Himalayan panorama.
Day 13 Thaknak to Dzongla and Chola passWe will continue up the valley toward Chola while enjoying multiple panoramic views of the Himalayas. After we the Chola pass we will descend to the peaceful village of Dzongla where we will stay the night.
Day 14 Dzonglo to GorakshepThe trail continues down hill nestled nicely in along Lobuche Khola offering views of of Ama Dablam, Everest and the Nuptse-Lhotse wall. The trail then meets at the Lobuche stream where will will continue to Gorakshep for the night.
Day 15 Gorakshep to Everest Base CampWe will swerve along a winding trail past Khumbu glaciers and ice pinnacles as you meet expedition teams looking to climb to the peak. After a rest at the base camp, we will pass on a higher route which offers unforgettable images of the entire Khumbu region, the famous icefall and peaceful rivers before returning to Gorak Shep
Day 16 Gorakshep to PhericheAn early morning climb to Kala Patthar to enjoy the sunset followed a relaxing descent to the town of Periche. This moon light morning hike is the experience of a lifetime and offers the best views the Everest region has to offer. We will stay the night in the windy town of Periche.
Day 17 Pheriche to TyangbocheWe will pass through the highest settlement in the region through the town of Pangboche before reaching the peacefull village of Tyangboche. This town is home to the largest monastery in the region and makes for a great evening of exploration
Day 18 Tyangboche to Namche BazaarWe continue down a steep trail along the Dudh Kosi River through a region famous for wildlife including goats, leopards and pheasants. We will pass the army base of Namche before continue back to the Bazaar for a much earned night of rest and relaxation.
Day 19 Namche Bazzar to LuklaWe continue down a steep trail through rocky terrain through the same path we took previously while enjoying contrasting views of the other side of the Himalayan Range. Passing through a series of small villages we will see prayer stones and flags along the way before our arrival in Lukla.
Day 20 Lukla to KathmanduWe will fly back to Kathmandu where you can relax in the hotel or continue to explore the city. Today is a great time to do some shopping or exploring the countless temples and markets of the city. We will meet for a celebration diner during the evening to mark the completion of your journey.
Day 21 DepartureToday, a Member of the Good Karma team will escort you to the airport for your flight. After saying our farewells you will continue on your journey with fond memories of you adventure in Nepal.
- Airport pick up & Transfer to hotel
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis (Tourist Standard Hotel to Five Star deluxe Hotel in Kathmandu as you prefer)
- Government license holder Trekking Guide.
- Trekking porter /Sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking.
- Three time meal during the trekking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Trekker’s Information Management system (TIMS)
- Everest Conservation area fee
- Kathmandu- Lukla – Kathmandu Round Trip Flight Ticket .
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, Good Karma Trekking duffel bag, t-shirt, and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion)&( optionally if you have your own bags, down jackets and wants to use your own you are free to bring them)
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- Trekking guide and porters accommodation, fare, meal, equipments and salary & Insurance
- All program as mentioned in itinerary.
- Government Tax and office service charge.
- Welcome Dinner
- Airport drop
- Nepal Visa fee
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, Soft drinks such as cola, , shower & any Purely personal nature expenses etc)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Tips for guides and porters
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
Sunrise in Nagarkot with HikingOur company offers Nagarkot Sunrise and Hike every day from Kathmandu, The Nagarkot view point…
Duration: 1 Day
Seti River RaftingThe warm and welcoming Seti River is excellent for a more relaxed rafting experience for…
Duration: 2 Days
Day hiking near KathmanduChampadevi: Roughly 2300 meters in elevation the pilgrimage includes a trip to both an important…
Duration: 1 Day
Marshyangdi River RaftingMarshyvangdi is an excellent aventure packed trip offering very steep and challenging rapids along the…
Duration: 3 Days
Karnali River RaftingThe Karnali, known as one of the strongest and most beautiful rivers in the region…
Duration: 10 Days
- Well known as one of the most popular hiking roots in Nepal, this 3 day…
- Our company offers Nagarkot Sunrise and Hike every day from Kathmandu, The Nagarkot view point…
- Hurtling down dirt roads on a mountain bike is a popular activity for adventure seekers…
- The warm and welcoming Seti River is excellent for a more relaxed rafting experience for…
- Champadevi: Roughly 2300 meters in elevation the pilgrimage includes a trip to both an important…
- Volunteering in Nepal creates a mutually beneficial and rewarding experience for everyone involved. Although a…
- Paragliding is perhaps the most rewarding of short duration adventure sports given the fact that…
- Marshyvangdi is an excellent aventure packed trip offering very steep and challenging rapids along the…
- The Karnali, known as one of the strongest and most beautiful rivers in the region…