Duration: 15 Days
The Langtang Gosainkunda trek offers a wonderful blend of scenic Himalayan passes, valleys and biodiversity only found in the Langtang region. Located on the Tibetan border, the trek offers tremendous insight into the lives and cultures of Tibetans who have been isolated from western society and have thus preserved their timeless culture. This trek offers an excellent way to escape the crowds and experience a more authentic and traditional experience of cultural awareness and understanding while enjoying the pristine natural beauty highlighted by crystal clear rivers and intimidating mountain peaks. Visit the timeless shaman pilgrimage that has been visited by spiritual travelers for centuries. If you are looking for adventure, tradition, culture and beauty, this is the trek for you.
- Destination: Nepal
- Activities: Trekking
- Duration: 14 - 21 Days
- Region: Langtang
- Best Season: Spring / Summer / Autumn
- Group Size: 02+ Pax
Day 1 Arrive in Kathmandu [1300 m/4264 ft] Upon your arrival in the Kathmandu airport (TIA), you will be greeted by a representative from the Good Karma Trekking team holding a sign with your name in the parking lot. After a brief introduction, you will be escorted to your hotel. After check in, and welcome drinks you will be free to explore around the backpacker haven of Thamel.
Day 2 Kathmandu [1300 m/4264 ft]Today after breakfast we will start a guided tour to several of the most historical and spiritual attractions in Kathmandu including Durbar Square, and Pashupati temple that are both Unesco World Heritage Sites. You will also visit the famous 'Monkey Temple' (Swayambunath) and Buddhists shrine (Buddha Nath) that is one of the large Stupas in the world. Afterwards, you will meet with your trek leader for a briefing and a short question and answer section about your trip. You will also have time to shop for any additional trekking equipment with staff assistance if needed.
Day 3 Kathmandu to Syabru BesiWe will take a scenic 9 hour drive through a scenic winding series of roads passing through diverse local villages, terraced farming fields, powerful rivers and charming waterfalls on the way to Dhunche. After processing all of our entry permits and documents, we will continue our ride to Syabrus Besi with time to explore the town in the evening.
Day 4 Syabru Besi to Lama HotelWe begin with a scenic hike passing through a peaceful forest path along the river passing by cliffs that are home to local beehives before reaching Bamboo Village where we will stop for lunch. We then take a short uphill hike and arrive at Lama hotel for the night.
Day 5 Lama Hotel to Langtang ValleyWe will continue through the scenic forest as it grows increasingly dense on the way to the small town of Ghora Tabela to stop for lunch. We continue uphill for 3 hours to reach the Tibetan village of Langtang where we will take some time to exchange with the locals and observe their traditional lifestyles.
Day 6 Langtang Valley to Kyanjing GompaWe continue along the mountain path on an easy trail taking time to enjoy a few particularly beautiful vantage points before reaching Kyanjing Gompa. The town is famous for its hospitality and offers timeless views of Himalayan giants Ganchempo and Langtang Himal.
Day 7 Kyanjing Gompa Acclimation dayDue to high altitudes, we will take a day to allow our bodies to acclimate to lower oxygen level to prevent any health complications. We will visit the local monastery to see the daily lives of the local monks before visiting the local cheese production process. We also offer the opportunity to visit either the Kyanjing Ri or Langshisha Khara vantage points to the north of the glacier.
Day 8 Kyanjing to Lama hotelWe continue to Lama Hotel on a gradually descending path passing through a series of rivers in a tranquil forest. We pass through several Tamang ethnic settlements displaying traditional architecture and timeless religious rituals and customs that have been passed down for generations. Upon arrival to Lama Hotel, we will rest for the night while talking with locals to learn more about the life of the typical hill people of the Langtang Region.
Day 9 Lama Hotel to Thulo SyabruWe begin along a gently descending trail before taking a steep climb passing through a nature filled jungle home to numerous birds, red pandas, monkey and a wide range of flowers. We reach Thulo Syabru in time to catch a scenic sunset as the mountains reflect the pinkish light all the way from Ganesh Himal to the Langtang Region.
Day 10 Trek to Sing Gompa We follow olong the trail from Sing Gompa downhill through the town of Dursagang where we will stop for the scenic views of the Langtang region and remote Tibetan mountains draped in oak, hemlock and pine forests. We then continue to Sing Gompa know for its traditional cheese making and spiritual Buddhist Monastery. We will take time to explore the attractions of the charming town before snaking on some local yak cheese during the scenic mountain sunset.
Day 11 Sing Gompa to GosalkundaWe move along a gently rising trail before reaching a barren area offering panoramic views of Himal Chuli, Manaslu, Ganesh Himal and Langtang Lirung in a barren setting. If the weather is clear we will be able to see as far as the Annapurna region. We then continue through some small traditional homes spotted along a chain of holy lakes in the Gosainkunda Basin created by Shiva to dilute a devastating poison. We will set up camp here for the night and admire the reflection of the moon and stars in the holy waters.
Day 12 Trek to Sing GompaWe will return along the scenic trail to Sing Gompa through a dense pine forest offering views of the region from the town of Lauribanayak.
Day 13 Sing Gompa to Dhunche We continue to ride down through the jungle to Dhunche. We will enter the local national park before taking lunch at Chautara and continuing down a rough road to Dhunche. Upon arrival in the regional capital we will celebrate the completion of our journey before exploring the town and resting for the night.
Day 14 Dunche to Kathmandu After an early breakfast we will take a scenic bus ride along the scenic road to Kathmandu. This is a great evening to do some shopping or take in the bustling environment of the backpacker haven of Thamel. We will meet for a celebration diner during the evening to celebrate the completion of your journey.
Day 15 DepartureToday, a Member of the Good Karma team will escort you to the airport for your flight. After saying our farewells you will continue on your journey with fond memories of you adventure in Nepal.
- Airport pick up & Transfer to hotel
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis (Tourist Standard Hotel to Five Star deluxe Hotel in Kathmandu as you prefer)
- Government license holder Trekking Guide.
- Trekking porter /Sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking.
- Three time meal during the trekking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Trekker’s Information Management system (TIMS)
- Langtang Conservation area fee
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, Good Karma Trekking duffel bag, t-shirt, and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion)&( optionally if you have your own bags, down jackets and wants to use your own you are free to bring them)
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- Trekking guide and porters accommodation, fare, meal, equipments and salary & Insurance
- All program as mentioned in itinerary.
- Government Tax and office service charge.
- Welcome Dinner
- Airport drop
- Nepal Visa fee
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, Soft drinks such as cola, , shower & any Purely personal nature expenses etc)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Tips for guides and porters
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed Sightseeing and entrance fees in Kathmandu to any temples and monastery
Shivapuri Hiking for Nagi GumpaShivapuri situated at an altitude of 2563m north of Kathmandu is second highest hill around…
Duration: 1 Day
Pulchowki Hiking in Kathmandu
Day hiking near KathmanduChampadevi: Roughly 2300 meters in elevation the pilgrimage includes a trip to both an important…
Duration: 1 Day
- Shivapuri situated at an altitude of 2563m north of Kathmandu is second highest hill around…
- The latest adrenaline cocktail of choice is Canyoning, an activity that involves abseiling, sliding, jumping,…
- Meditation Centers Meditation has steadily gained popularity over the last decade resulting in numerous centers…
- Ticketing for transportation including flights and buses varies from international norms and online bookings are…
- Situated at an elevation of 2782 meters this is the highest southern hill in the…
- .We have major destination covered including kathmandu , Pokhara Chitwan , Lumnini, Nagarkot and many…
- Sport fishing, like hunting receives little attention in Nepal as few Nepalese pursue this leisure…
- Public transportation in Nepal can be very stressful and hectic and many may wish to…
- Champadevi: Roughly 2300 meters in elevation the pilgrimage includes a trip to both an important…