Duration: 10 Days
We offer a blended natural and cultural package including all the highlights of the 2 major cities in Nepal while experiencing the natural diversity of the country. Explore the mysterious culture, natural beauty and spiritualism found only in Nepal as you explore temples, hike along beautiful mountain scenery and immerse yourself in the local ethnic way of life while gaining a greater understand about life in this charming country. Ride an elephant while spotting tigers, visit a living Goddess, explore the ancient royal palace and enjoy the views of the Himalayas atop a peaceful mountain monastery to ensure you get the most out of your trip.
- Destination: Nepal
- Activities: Tours
- Duration: 7 - 14 Days
- Region: Kathmandu, Pokhara, Chitwan & Nagarkot
- Best Season: Spring / Summer / Autumn
- Group Size: 02+ Pax
Day 1 Arrive in Kathmandu [1300 m/4264 ft] Upon your arrival in the Kathmandu airport (TIA), you will be greeted by a representative from the Good Karma Trekking team holding a sign with your name in the parking lot. After a brief introduction, you will be escorted to your hotel. After check in, and welcome drinks you will be free to explore around the backpacker haven of Thamel.
Day 2 Kathmandu [1300 m/4264 ft]Today after breakfast we will start a guided tour to several of the most historical and spiritual attractions in Kathmandu including Durbar Square, and Pashupati temple that are both Unesco World Heritage Sites. You will also visit the famous 'Monkey Temple' (Swayambunath) and Buddhists shrine (Buddha Nath) that is one of the large Stupas in the world. Afterwards, you will meet with your trek leader for a briefing and a short question and answer section about your trip.
Day 3 Kathmandu to ChitwanWe will take a scenic 3 hour drive through charming rice terraced fields along a powerful river to arrive in Chitwan National Park. We will take an elephant back jungle safari to spot local flora and fauna including rhinos, musk deer, pheasants, peacocks and potentially an endangered Bengal Tiger. We will continue by taking a relaxing jungle walk to learn more about the park while passing through untouched natural beauty. The evening features a unique cultural stick dance, which serves as a military training ritual along with other dances of cultural significance to the Tharu people.
Day 4 ChitwanWe will stay another day in Chitwan to take a river canoe ride to spot hundreds of types of fish, river crocodiles and beautiful local plants indigenous to the park. We will stop for a visit to the elephant breeding center before enjoying an evening of bird watching or fishing before relaxing and exploring the local culture of the Tharu people.
Day 5 Chitwan to PokharaContinue your scenic trip through the valley on a 3-hour bus ridge before arriving in the peaceful lakeside town of Pokhara. We will visit Bindhayabasini Temple and a Buddhist Monastery to gain insight into the lives of the traditional monks living there. We then continue to the traditional Pokhara museum to learn about the culture and customs of the indigenous ethnic groups before exploring Devis Falls, Gupteshwor Cave and the Tibetan refugee camp. We will spend the evening exploring the lakeside area with a local Tibetan style diner.
Day 6 Pokhara The morning offers an optional paragliding experience to fly across the hills outside of Pokhara soaking in the regional landscapes as you soar with eagles. We will travel to the scenic Sarankot Hill to view the remarkable sunrise offering views of both the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri mountain ranges towering above the valley. We will then continue to the hill top peace pagoda overlooking the mountains, which reflect peacefully in the lakes tranquil waters. Finally, we will hike down to Phewa Lake for a relaxing afternoon of boat riding and swimming in the relaxing lake.
Day 7 Pokhara to KathmanduWe will either take a scenic bus ride or flight back to Kathmandu depending on your budget and personal preference. Upon arrival in Kathmandu, you will have time to explore the backpacker haven of Thamel or explore any other sights of personal interest in the city.
Day 8 Kathmandu to NagarkotAfter breakfast we will travel to Nagarkot for breathtaking views from the top of the hill. You will have plenty of time for a hike or to explore the area before catching a beautiful sunset offering views of the entire valley and the surrounding mountains before relaxing at the hotel for the evening.
Day 9 Nagarkot and BhaktipurAfter enjoying the early morning sunrise, we will stop in the charming and quiet royal palace located in Bhaktapur famous for its seclusion from western life, architecture and handicrafts. Highlights include the lion gate, golden gate, art gallery, royal statue and the legendary 55-window Malla palace. We then continue to Kathmandu with plenty of time to do some exploring and souvenir shopping before meeting for a farewell diner and cultural performance to celebrate your journey.
Day 10 Departure Depending on your flight time you may be able to see a few more attractions in before departing approximately 3 hours before the scheduled flight time. You will be escorted to the airport with a representative from Good Karma trekking staff. After our farewells, you will have plenty of time to plan your next adventure in Nepal with Good Karma, as one time is never enough.
- Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car / van / bus
- Accommodation as required by you like -Budget Hotels, Tourist standard Hotel ,Threee star category Hotels ,Four Star Hotels, Five Star Hotels in ( Bed & Breakfast Basis , Bed Breakfast & Dinner Basis , Bed Breakfast Lunch Dinner Basis )or as specified in the appropriate itinerary
- Guided city tours as per the Itinerary by Private Car, Van, Jeep, Costar, Bus, Flights etc as per the group sizes and your request.
- Government registered Nepali professional English speaking Guide certified by Natham.
- All our government taxes , Hotel 10+ 13 present Vat taxes services charges etc
- Official expense& services charges
- Certain lunches and dinners as explained in the trekking itinerary
- Your travel insurance
- International airfare and airport departure tax
- Appropriate visa fees
- Alcoholic, cold and hot drinks, laundry
- Personal equipment
- Certain sightseeing/monument entrance fees
- Any others expenses
Shivapuri Hiking in KathmanduLocated north of Kathmandu at an elevation of 2563 meters, Shivapuri is the 2nd highest…
Duration: 1 Day
Pulchowki Hiking in Kathmandu
Marshyangdi River RaftingMarshyvangdi is an excellent aventure packed trip offering very steep and challenging rapids along the…
Duration: 3 Days
Karnali River RaftingThe Karnali, known as one of the strongest and most beautiful rivers in the region…
Duration: 10 Days
Sarankot Dhampus HikingThis 3 day 2 night hiking trip is a Nepalese classic. The path passes through…
Duration: 5 Days
Balthali Village hiking TourBalthali Village is a small authentic village just 40km away from Kathmandu. The area surrounding…
Duration: 3 Days
- Located north of Kathmandu at an elevation of 2563 meters, Shivapuri is the 2nd highest…
- Situated at an elevation of 2782 meters this is the highest southern hill in the…
- Marshyvangdi is an excellent aventure packed trip offering very steep and challenging rapids along the…
- The Karnali, known as one of the strongest and most beautiful rivers in the region…
- Overview Despite its spectacular mountain views and picturesque villages, Kakani is a part of Nepal…
- This 3 day 2 night hiking trip is a Nepalese classic. The path passes through…
- Balthali Village is a small authentic village just 40km away from Kathmandu. The area surrounding…
- Paragliding is perhaps the most rewarding of short duration adventure sports given the fact that…
- Ever since Eric Valli published a book and made a film on Honey Hunting, it…