Duration: 10 Days
The ideal trekking environment of the Langtang Valley is conveniently located a short distance from Kathmandu and feautures diverse landscape and ethnicities. A stunning combination of highlands and rural landscape transcending desert like areas and dense forests the trek is an ideal way to experience the biodiversity of Nepal while admiring stunning mountains from the numerous scenic vantage points found in the region. Unravel the mysteries of the Tibetan culture while passing through aromatic rhododendron forests, waterfalls and intimidating snow covered mountains while visiting remote monasteries nestled in some of the most stunning natural beauty of the Himalayan Region.
- Destination: Nepal
- Activities: Trekking
- Duration: 7 - 14 Days
- Region: Langtang
- Best Season: Spring / Summer / Autumn
- Group Size: 02+ Pax
Day 1 Arrive in Kathmandu [1300 m/4264 ft]Upon your arrival in the Kathmandu airport (TIA), you will be greeted by a representative from the Good Karma Trekking team holding a sign with your name in the parking lot. After a brief introduction, you will be escorted to your hotel. After check in, and welcome drinks you will be free to explore around the backpacker haven of Thamel.
Day 2 Kathmandu [1300 m/4264 ft]Today after breakfast we will start a guided tour to several of the most historical and spiritual attractions in Kathmandu including Durbar Square, and Pashupati temple that are both Unesco World Heritage Sites. You will also visit the famous 'Monkey Temple' (Swayambunath) and Buddhists shrine (Buddha Nath) that is one of the large Stupas in the world. Afterwards, you will meet with your trek leader for a briefing and a short question and answer section about your trip. You will also have time to shop for any additional trekking equipment with staff assistance if needed.
Day 3 Kathmandu to Syabru BesiWe will take a scenic 9 hour drive through a scenic winding series of roads passing through diverse local villages, terraced farming fields, powerful rivers and charming waterfalls on the way to Dhunche. After processing all of our entry permits and documents, we will continue our ride to Syabrus Besi with time to explore the town in the evening.
Day 4 Syabru Besi to Lama HotelWe begin with a scenic hike passing through a peaceful forest path along the river passing by cliffs that are home to local beehives before reaching Bamboo Village where we will stop for lunch. We then take a short uphill hike and arrive at Lama hotel for the night.
Day 5 Lama Hotel to Langtang ValleyWe will continue through the scenic forest as it grows increasingly dense on the way to the small town of Ghora Tabela to stop for lunch. We continue uphill for 3 hours to reach the Tibetan village of Langtang where we will take some time to exchange with the locals and observe their traditional lifestyles.
Day 6 Langtang Valley to Kyanjing GompaWe continue along the mountain path on an easy trail taking time to enjoy a few particularly beautiful vantage points before reaching Kyanjing Gompa. The town is famous for its hospitality and offers timeless views of Himalayan giants Ganchempo and Langtang Himal.
Day 7 Tserko Ri and return to Lama HotelWe will take an early morning hike to Tserko Ri known for its panoramic views to catch an early sunrise as the sunlight unveils a pinkish hue in the mountain peaks. We will then continue to Lama Hotel on a gradually descending path passing through a series of rivers in a tranquil forest. We pass through several Tamang ethnic settlements displaying traditional architecture and timeless religious rituals and customs that have been passed down for generations. Upon arrival to Lama Hotel, we will rest for the night while talking with locals to learn more about the life of the typical hill people of the Langtang Region.
Day 8 Trek to Syabrubesi Our last day of trekking features a relaxing downhill path through the colorful flora of the lower valley. We will arrive in Syabrubesi for lunch and take time to relax and explore the town know for its narrow alleys and traditional architecture.
Day 9 Travel to KathmanduAfter an early breakfast we will drive back to Kathmandu for an afternoon arrival. Today is a great time to do some shopping or exploring the countless temples and markets of the city. The day is yours to relax or take in the bustling environment of the backpacker haven of Thamel. We will meet for a celebration diner during the evening to mark the completion of your journey.
Day 10 DepartureToday, a Member of the Good Karma team will escort you to the airport for your flight. After saying our farewells you will continue on your journey with fond memories of you adventure in Nepal.
- Airport pick up & Transfer to hotel
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis (Tourist Standard Hotel to Five Star deluxe Hotel in Kathmandu as you prefer)
- Government license holder Trekking Guide.
- Trekking porter /Sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking.
- Three time meal during the trekking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Trekker’s Information Management system (TIMS)
- Langtang Conservation area fee
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, Good Karma Trekking duffel bag, t-shirt, and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion)&( optionally if you have your own bags, down jackets and wants to use your own you are free to bring them)
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- Trekking guide and porters accommodation, fare, meal, equipments and salary & Insurance
- All program as mentioned in itinerary.
- Government Tax and office service charge.
- Welcome Dinner
- Airport drop
- Nepal Visa fee
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, Soft drinks such as cola, , shower & any Purely personal nature expenses etc)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Tips for guides and porters
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed Sightseeing and entrance fees in Kathmandu to any temples and monastery
Trishuli River RaftingThe increasing popular Trisuli River offers views of farming valleys and large gorges with regions…
Duration: 1 to 3 Days
Day hiking near KathmanduChampadevi: Roughly 2300 meters in elevation the pilgrimage includes a trip to both an important…
Duration: 1 Day
Balthali Village hiking TourBalthali Village is a small authentic village just 40km away from Kathmandu. The area surrounding…
Duration: 3 Days
Yoga Ayurveda & Spa
Dhampus Day Hike
Pulchowki Hiking in Kathmandu
Karnali River RaftingThe Karnali, known as one of the strongest and most beautiful rivers in the region…
Duration: 10 Days
- The increasing popular Trisuli River offers views of farming valleys and large gorges with regions…
- Champadevi: Roughly 2300 meters in elevation the pilgrimage includes a trip to both an important…
- Balthali Village is a small authentic village just 40km away from Kathmandu. The area surrounding…
- Meditation has steadily gained popularity over the last decade resulting in numerous centers throughout Kathmandu.…
- Dhampus Day hike is the best things to do if you are free for a…
- Situated at an elevation of 2782 meters this is the highest southern hill in the…
- Naudanda Hiking is an interesting hiking trail around Pokhara and us manager this trip on…
- The Karnali, known as one of the strongest and most beautiful rivers in the region…
- Sport fishing, like hunting receives little attention in Nepal as few Nepalese pursue this leisure…