Duration: 14 Days
The Lhasa Everest Base Camp trek is meant to offer a wide range of regional Himalayan attractions combining the culture, spirituality and diverse geography of the region. We will visit the mysterious city of Lhasa to learn more about the traditional Buddhist practices in one of the spiritual capitals of the world before continuing to Everest Base Camp. Hike, ride and fly to obtain the best views of the worlds highest mountain range while following in the footsteps of early mountaineers as you climb the top of the world taking in perfect panoramic views while learning the traditional culture and spirituality of the spiritual Tibetan people.
- Destination: Tibet
- Activities: Trekking
- Duration: 7 - 14 Days
- Region: Tibet
- Best Season: Spring / Summer / Autumn
- Group Size: 02+ Pax
Day 1 Kathmandu to LhasaWe will take a scenic mountain flight to Lhasa to meet our native Tibetan guide while taking time to explore the ancient and well-preserved capital city of Tibet. Lhasa is situated at the base of Mount Gephel and remained secluded from the world for centuries serving as the traditional home to the Dalai Lama.
Day 2 LhasaToday we will visit the scenic hilltop Potala Palace before traveling to the spiritual Ramoche Monastery to see the daily life of the Tibetan Monks. We will spend the afternoon unlocking the mysteries of the Norbulingkga Palace before a free evening to continue your immersion into the Tibetan way of life. We will spend the evening exploring the traditional market square having a meal of traditional Tibetan food while enjoying cultural music and dances that have been passed down for centuries.
Day 3 LhasaAfter an early breakfast, we will visit the traditional Sera Monastery known for its unmatched beauty historically serving as the home to over 5,000 monks. We will continue to the 1,400-year-old Jokhang temple regarded as the holiest site in Lhasa viewing the Kora Temple nestled along the stream of humanity. After viewing the legendary golden Buddha we will return to the city for a celebratory dinner and while taking the evening to explore the timeless streets and absorb the traditional culture.
Day 4 Lhasa to GyangtseWe will take a morning ride over the Darola and Kambala mountains while passing through untouched holy lakes before arriving in the traditional city of Gyantse. We will take time to explore the downtown area and talking with some locals to learn more about the customs of the customs of the city before visiting the Pholkor and Kumbum Monasteries to learn about the local spiritual practices
Day 5 ShigatseWe will take an early morning trip to two of the most interesting monasteries in the region called Shalu and Tashilhumpo respectively. As we compare the practices in each monastery, we will learn more about the religion and visit the home of the Panchen Lama who is the second highest ranking spiritual leader in Tibetan Buddhism. We then continue and explore the Shigatse market to learn more about the life of the traditional people in the charming town.
Day 6 Shigatse to Dingiri via DakyaAfter breakfast at the hotel we will visit the traditional Sakya Monastery known for its outstanding architecture and cultural preservation. We then continue to the windy town of Dingri, which serves as the entry point to the Everest Base Camp to rest for the evening.
Day 7 Trek to Everest Base CampWe will continue either by horse or foot to the legendary Everest Base Camp. We will take time to admire the mountaineer camp steeped in history while learning more about the evolution of trekking in the region. We then continue back along the same trail towards Nyalam crossing the Luang La pass situated at over 5,000 meters. We will arrive and Nyalam and take in a scenic sunset reflecting the light on the pinkish mountains surrounding the town.
Day 8 Trek to Lamna LaWe continue our trek through a scenic stretch offering several views of the Himalayan giants. We will pass through a traditional goat farm in the plains on the way to the Drokpa encampment before making camp below the Lamna La Pass.
Day 9 Lamna La to ZommugWe will take an early morning climb to pass the Lamna La pass while admiring the timeless views of Gyachung Kang and Cho Oyu before descending toward Zommug. We will take time to visit the animal husbandry center famous for its local yaks and cheese before camping near the highest settlement in the Everest Region.
Day 10 Trek to RongbukWe continue south from Zommug to visit the Dza Rongbuk Monastery taking either a challenging path or a gradually descending one depending on your preference. The town of Rongbuk formed in the early 1900’s is a popular retreat center as is nestled in the mountains providing full views of Everest.
Day 11 Trek to Everest Base CampWe continue on a 2 to 3 hour hike up to Everest Base Camp passing a series of meditative caves, glaciers and a nunnery. We will stop to admire the powerful Rongbuk Glacier offering the best views of Everest and the surrounding regions before continuing to Dza Rongbuk to make camp for the night
Day 12 Dza Rongbuk to DingriWe will drive through the traditional villages of Chhosang and Phandrukchi before continuing over the Pang La Pass offering excellent views of the entire region. We will then move across Phung Chhu and the Arun River before arriving back in Dingri.
Day 13 Dingri to ZhangmuLeaving behind the peaceful plains of Dingri, we drive through the Tibetan Plateau through the market town of Nylam before arriving back in Zhangmu. We can take time to explore the mysterious Milarepa Cave used by the famous Yogi during the 11th century before resting at the hotel for the night.
Day 14 Flight to KathmanduYou will be transported by the friendly Good Karma Trekking staff the local airport to take a scenic return flight over hundreds of scenic Himalayan peaks before arriving in Kathmandu for your departure or further activities.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car / van / bus.
- Standard twin sharing accommodation in three/four star hotel in Kathmandu breakfast included
- 3. Guided city tour by private , Land Cruiser/car / van / bus.
- A government licensed English speaking Tibetan Guide during the tour.
- The required number of tour staff during the tour/Trek
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment, medicine for all staff.
- Flight as per the itinerary
- Tibet entry permission, Chinese visa, monasteries entry fees etc.
- All our government taxes.
- Official expense.
- Equipments like sleeping bags, down jacket and Good Karma Trekking T Shirt .
- Lunch and dinner
- Your travel insurance (compulsory).
- International airfare to and from Nepal and airport departure tax.
- Nepal entry visa,
- personal nature such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry.
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section
Nagarkot Dhulikhel HikingThis 3 day 2-night trek offers a chance to combine Nagarkot and Dhulikhel which are…
Duration: 3 Days
Sun Koshi River RaftingBoasting warm water, the Sun Koshi is know for its foamy water and narrow canyons…
Duration: 10 to 11 Days
Sunrise in Nagarkot with HikingOur company offers Nagarkot Sunrise and Hike every day from Kathmandu, The Nagarkot view point…
Duration: 1 Day
Kaligandaki River RaftingLocated in the Upper Mustang region the Kaligandaki lies between the Dhaulagiri and Annapurna ranges…
Duration: 3 Days
Shivapuri Hiking for Nagi GumpaShivapuri situated at an altitude of 2563m north of Kathmandu is second highest hill around…
Duration: 1 Day
A day hiking to NAGARJUNANagarjuna hill another view points close to the Kathmandu city located West of Kathmandu, the…
Duration: 1 Day
- This 3 day 2-night trek offers a chance to combine Nagarkot and Dhulikhel which are…
- Boasting warm water, the Sun Koshi is know for its foamy water and narrow canyons…
- Our company offers Nagarkot Sunrise and Hike every day from Kathmandu, The Nagarkot view point…
- Naudanda Hiking is an interesting hiking trail around Pokhara and us manager this trip on…
- Located in the Upper Mustang region the Kaligandaki lies between the Dhaulagiri and Annapurna ranges…
- Shivapuri situated at an altitude of 2563m north of Kathmandu is second highest hill around…
- Volunteering in Nepal creates a mutually beneficial and rewarding experience for everyone involved. Although a…
- Hurtling down dirt roads on a mountain bike is a popular activity for adventure seekers…
- Nagarjuna hill another view points close to the Kathmandu city located West of Kathmandu, the…