Duration: 16 Days
Fly, hike and drive your way through some of the home beautiful scenery in the Himalayan range while immersing yourself in the mysterious culture of the Tibetan people. This package is ideal for those who love camping and enjoying nature with curiosity into the traditions and lifestyles of a wide range of Tibetan people. Hike through alongside crystal clear lakes, watch a Mount Everest sunset and follow in the footsteps of the Dalai Lama for the trip of a lifetime.
- Destination: Tibet
- Activities: Trekking
- Duration: 14 - 21 Days
- Region: Tibet
- Best Season: Spring / Summer / Autumn
- Group Size: 02+ Pax
Day 1 Kathmandu to LhasaWe will take a scenic mountain flight to Lhasa to meet our native Tibetan guide while taking time to explore the ancient and well-preserved capital city of Tibet. Lhasa is situated at the base of Mount Gephel and remained secluded from the world for centuries serving as the traditional home to the Dalai Lama.
Day 2 LhasaToday we will visit the scenic hilltop Potala Palace before traveling to the spiritual Ramoche Monastery to see the daily life of the Tibetan Monks. We will spend the afternoon unlocking the mysteries of the Norbulingkga Palace before a free evening to continue your immersion into the Tibetan way of life. We will spend the evening exploring the traditional market square having a meal of traditional Tibetan food while enjoying cultural music and dances that have been passed down for centuries.
Day 3 LhasaAfter an early breakfast, we will visit the traditional Sera Monastery known for its unmatched beauty historically serving as the home to over 5,000 monks. We will continue to the 1,400-year-old Jokhang temple regarded as the holiest site in Lhasa viewing the Kora temple nestled along the stream of humanity. After viewing the legendary golden Buddha we will return to the city for a celebratory dinner and while taking the evening to explore the timeless streets and absorb the traditional culture.
Day 4 Meadow trekAfter an early morning breakfast we will continue along the Tibet-Qinghai highway through the scenic town of Damsung located at an altitude of 4130 meters. From our starting point we will take a short hike through the timeless Tibetan meadows home to traditional farmers and herders. In the evening we will visit a traditional monastery to learn more about the Buddhist traditions that have been passed down for hundreds of years before making camp for the night.
Day 5 Valley TrekAfter taking in a scenic morning sunrise, we will continue on a 7 or 8 hour walk through a glacial valley famous for its local flora and fauna. After visiting a local yak herding village we will set up camp for the night under the star light sky.
Day 6 Kong La PassWe will continue our trek moving through the basin area before reaching a vast meadow. We will then continue up a scenic path on the way to the Kong La Pass offering timeless views of the valley surrounded by the mountain scenery of the Thangla range.
Day 7 Trek to To Tashi Do and Namtso LakeWe will continue through the land of traditional nomads with traditional terraced fields. After a relaxing morning hike, we will arrive at Namtso lake for lunch before continuing along a jeep trail to the Tashi Do hermitage to make camp for the night.
Day 8 Rest DayWe will take an easy day to explore the beautiful surrounding area. You will have the choice to hike to several scenic vantage points or stay at the local hermitage to learn more about the traditional religious practices and enjoy the beauty of Namtso Lake.
Day 9 Namtso Lake to LhasaWe will take a scenic drive back to Lhasa passing through a wide range of natural beauty. We will take a break to explore the traditional town of Yangbachen to speak with locals and admire the local crafts before having dinner and relaxing in the ancient capital city of Lhasa.
Day 10 Lhasa to GyangtseWe will take a morning ride over the Darola and Kambala mountains while passing through untouched holy lakes before arriving in the traditional city of Gyantse. We will take time to explore the downtown area and talking with some locals to learn more about the customs of the customs of the city before visiting the Pholkor and Kumbum Monasteries to learn about the local spiritual practices
Day 11 Gyangtse to ShigatseWe will take an early morning trip to two of the most interesting monasteries in the region called Shalu and Tashilhumpo respectively. As we compare the practices in each monastery, we will learn more about the religion and visit the home of the Panchen Lama who is the second highest ranking spiritual leader in Tibetan Buddhism. We then continue and explore the Shigatse market to learn more about the life of the traditional people in the charming town.
Day 12 Shigatse to Dingiri via DakyaAfter breakfast at the hotel we will visit the traditional Sakya Monastery known for its outstanding architecture and cultural preservation. We then continue to the windy town of Dingri, which serves as the entry point to the Everest Base Camp to rest for the evening.
Day 13 Dingiri to RongbukWe will drive along the scenic Pangla Pass stopping to admire the panoramic views of the Himalayan giants towering over the greenery of the lowlands before arriving in Rongbuk. We will take time to explore the monastery to observe the night rituals of the locals monks in the regions highest monastery situated at 5,200 meters.
Day 14 Rongbuk to NylamWe will take an early morning walk to a scenic vantage point to watch the sunrise over Everest watching as the morning sun slowly illuminates the entire region. We then continue with a scenic drive to the town of Nylam where we will admire the local architecture and take in a traditional meal before resting for the evening at the hotel.
Day 15 Nylam to Kathmandu via ZhangmuWe will take a morning drive to Zhangmu passing through a series of spectacular waterfalls as you continue toward the famous friendship bridge. We will then cross the border back into Nepal and continue to Kathmandu passing through traditional villages, powerful rivers and scenic terraced agricultural fields.
Day 16 Arrival to KathmanduUpon arrival to Kathmandu, your friendly Good Karma Trekking staff will bid you farewell or arrange any plans for further exploration in Nepal.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car / van / bus.
- Standard twin sharing accommodation in three/four star hotel in Kathmandu breakfast included ( In Trekking tent where Hotels are not available )
- 3. Guided city tour by private , Land Cruiser/car / van / bus.
- A government licensed English speaking Tibetan Guide during the tour.
- The required number of tour staff during the tour/Trek
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment, medicine for all staff.
- Flight as per the itinerary
- Tibet entry permission, Chinese visa, monasteries entry fees etc.
- All our government taxes.
- Official expense.
- Equipments like sleeping bags, down jacket and Good Karma Trekking T Shirt .
- Lunch and dinner
- Your travel insurance (compulsory).
- International airfare to and from Nepal and airport departure tax.
- Nepal entry visa,
- personal nature such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry.
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section
Nagarkot Dhulikhel HikingThis 3 day 2-night trek offers a chance to combine Nagarkot and Dhulikhel which are…
Duration: 3 Days
Sun Koshi River RaftingBoasting warm water, the Sun Koshi is know for its foamy water and narrow canyons…
Duration: 10 to 11 Days
Sunrise in Nagarkot with HikingOur company offers Nagarkot Sunrise and Hike every day from Kathmandu, The Nagarkot view point…
Duration: 1 Day
Kaligandaki River RaftingLocated in the Upper Mustang region the Kaligandaki lies between the Dhaulagiri and Annapurna ranges…
Duration: 3 Days
Shivapuri Hiking for Nagi GumpaShivapuri situated at an altitude of 2563m north of Kathmandu is second highest hill around…
Duration: 1 Day
A day hiking to NAGARJUNANagarjuna hill another view points close to the Kathmandu city located West of Kathmandu, the…
Duration: 1 Day
- This 3 day 2-night trek offers a chance to combine Nagarkot and Dhulikhel which are…
- Boasting warm water, the Sun Koshi is know for its foamy water and narrow canyons…
- Our company offers Nagarkot Sunrise and Hike every day from Kathmandu, The Nagarkot view point…
- Naudanda Hiking is an interesting hiking trail around Pokhara and us manager this trip on…
- Located in the Upper Mustang region the Kaligandaki lies between the Dhaulagiri and Annapurna ranges…
- Shivapuri situated at an altitude of 2563m north of Kathmandu is second highest hill around…
- Volunteering in Nepal creates a mutually beneficial and rewarding experience for everyone involved. Although a…
- Hurtling down dirt roads on a mountain bike is a popular activity for adventure seekers…
- Nagarjuna hill another view points close to the Kathmandu city located West of Kathmandu, the…