Duration: 25 Days
One of the best treks for those looking for a truly isolated and untouched area. The lower Dolpo region lies in the rain shadow area making it ideal for those traveling during the monsoon season. Known for its excellent views and series of challenging passes, lower Dolpo is also home to several settlements heavily isolated from modern developments creating an authentic experience. The ultimate way to seclude yourself and be at peace with natural and the traditional lifestyle as you pass through tranquil glacial lakes and gorges. This trek requires a good level of physical fitness but no previous trekking experience is required.
- Destination: Nepal
- Activities: Trekking
- Duration: 21 + Days
- Region: Other
- Best Season: Spring / Summer / Autumn
- Group Size: 02+ Pax
Day 1 Arrival in KathmanduUpon your arrival to the airport, you will be greeted by the friendly Good Karma Trekking staff who will escort you to your accommodation in Kathmandu. After settling in and exploring the streets of Thamel, we will arrange a special welcome diner featuring local specialties to introduce you to the city and the Good Karma team.
Day 2 Kathmandu SightseeingToday we will take a tour featuring the highlights of Kathmandu including several UNESCO world heritage sites such as Durbar Square and Pashupati temple before visiting Sqayambhunath, and Buddha Nath, which is one of the largest Buddhist stupas in the world. After lunch, we will hold a briefing with your trekking guide addressing any questions or concerns you may have about your trip.
Day 3 Kathmandu to NepalgunjWe will take a scenic mountain flight over the beautiful Himalayas to the border town of Nepalgunj. This subtropical town is known as a major trading center near the Indian border and is home to an excellent cultural blend with mixed architecture and heritage.
Day 4 Fly to Jumla and trek to Gothi ChaurAnother scenic morning flight takes us to Jumla where we will begin our trek hiking along the Tila Khola River climbing through a valley home to traditional terraced agriculture fields. We continue though a series of traditional villages before passing through a scenic walnut forest home to seasonal flowers. We then take and up and down path to Gothi Chaur to make camp for the night.
Day 5 Trek to Naphukana We continue along the river passing traditional farming villages watching as the locals tend to their potato, corn and barley fields before entering a narrow valley home to some relaxing forest scenery. The trail leads to the traditional mani wall chorten on the way to Naphukana home to a traditional monastery where we will visit the local monks during the evening.
Day 6 Trek to ChaurikotThe trail becomes increasingly steep as we continue through the forest to the scenic Mauri Lagna Pass offering views of the snowy peaks of the Himalayas in the distance. We then descend through a dense forest before entering the Bheri Valley leading to the town of Chaurikot where we will make camp under the peaceful starlight Himalayan sky.
Day 7 Trek to Bheri RiverWe continue along the traditional nomad trail as it slowly drops to a stream leading to a forest ridge filled with traditional apple trees in Jyakot. We will stop for a relaxing picnic lunch before following the trail to the banks of the Bheri River to rest for the night.
Day 8 Trek to Garpung KholaWe continue along the banks of the Bheri River as we make our way to the Shey Phoksumdo National Park situated at the crossing of two peaceful rivers. After taking time to explore the beauty of the park, we move back to the riverside to make camp.
Day 9 Trek to KagmaraWe begin along the trail toward the Kagmara La path rising along the river for a few hours. We will then take a rest to allow us to properly adjust to the rapidly thinning air wandering to a scenic location and enjoying the local scenery.
Day 10 Trek to Kagmara PhediAfter crossing the river, we pass through a chain of waterfalls on the way to a narrow valley leading to the terminal moraine. We will make camp near a famous rock formation before traveling to a scenic vantage point to enjoy the timeless Himalayan sunset reflecting the pinkish light on the powerful mountains.
Day 11 Kagmara La PassAfter an early breakfast we will take a strenuous climb passing along an ancient glacial formation leading up to the Kagmara la Pass. We will stop to enjoy the panoramic views while trying to spot the elusive blue sheep of the region before descending to the Pungmo Khola valley to relax during the evening.
Day 12 Trek to PungmoWe follow the trail leading to a tradition birch and juniper forest home to a wide range of flora and known for its fragrant scents. As we rise, pine trees serve as the entryway to the traditional stone village of Pungmo where we will enjoy a traditional meal during the evening.
Day 13 Trek to Poksumdo LakeWe continue along the river before we switch trails and head towards the timeless Phoksumdo Lake. After passing through another cedar forest, we move past the town of Palam on the way to a scenic ridge offering views of the crystal clear glacial lake. We will stop to admire one of Nepal’s tallest natural waterfalls before exploring the lake and making camp during the night.
Day 14 Rest Day at Poksumdo LakeWe will take a full day to appreciate the natural beauty of the turquoise lake taking time to travel to a few particularly scenic locations to enjoy both lake and mountain views. The lake is often considered sacred as serves as a pilgrimage location for spiritual travelers making the traditional journey to the small temples around the lake.
Day 15 Trek to Baga La PhediWe head back along the same trail towards the village of Ringmo before switching to the path leading to Baga La as we pass though a dense blue pine forest.
Day 16 Baga Pass and trek to Numa La PhediBaga Pass and trek to Numa La Phedi
Day 17 Numa La Pass and DoSimilar to yesterday, we begin with a steep climb before enjoying a new vantage point from atop the scenic pass. We then continue to explore the local monastery to learn more about the traditions of the local monks before continuing past a traditional mani wall to the valley town of Do
Day 18-19 DoWe will take two full days to rest and explore the curious town of Do. We will visit the charming gompas both by day and night to learn more about the rituals of the monks. We will also make several excursions to enjoy the wide range of local scenery stopping at several vantage points and places of natural beauty while enjoying a local sunrise and sunset around Do.
Day 20 Trek to LahiniToday we take a relaxing relatively flat walk along the river leading toward a large gorge known for its wide range of flowers including local roses. We then follow a trail leading to a peaceful flat valley where we will make camp for the night.
Day 21 Trek to TarakotThe path begins with a difficult and steep climb along a slippery cliff. We will take plenty of time to make our ascent before crossing a series of traditional bridges before entering a valley that makes for a relaxing walk to Tarakot where will learn more about the local lifestyle of the ancient fort town.
Day 22 Trek to DunaiThe trail continues along a peaceful section of the Barbung Khola River making for an enjoyable morning hike. After a picnic lunch, we will continue along the relatively flat path and arrive in Dunai during the late afternoon.
Day 23 Trek to JpuhaiOn our last day of trekking, we continue along the river making several stops to admire the local scenery and culture. Upon arrival in Juphal, we will spend some time chatting with locals before celebrating the end of our trek during the evening.
Day 24 Return to KathmanduWe will take 2 mountain flights first to Nepalgunj then to Kathmandu arriving with plenty of time to enjoy the backpacker haven of thamel in the afternoon. You may also take some time to do some souvenir shopping at the countless stores offering traditional Nepalese products and handicrafts. We will arrange a celebratory cultural dinner with traditional food, music and dancing to make sure you get the most our of your trip to Nepal.
Day 25 DepartureToday, a Member of the Good Karma team will escort you to the airport for your flight. After saying our farewells you will continue on your journey with fond memories of you adventure in Nepal.
- Airport pick up & Transfer to hotel
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis (Tourist Standard Hotel to Five Star deluxe Hotel in Kathmandu as you prefer)
- Government license holder Trekking Guide.
- Trekking porter /Sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking.
- Three time meal during the trekking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Tea house , Lodge, Tent accommodation as per the requirement.
- Trekker’s Information Management system (TIMS)
- Conservation area fee & all essential permits as per Nepal Government rule.
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, Good Karma Trekking duffel bag, t-shirt, and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion)&( optionally if you have your own bags, down jackets and wants to use your own you are free to bring them)
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- Trekking guide and porters accommodation, fare, meal, equipments and salary & Insurance
- All program as mentioned in itinerary.
- Government Tax and office service charge.
- Welcome Dinner
- Airport drop
- Nepal Visa fee
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, Soft drinks such as cola, , shower & any Purely personal nature expenses etc)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Tips for guides and porters
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed Sightseeing and entrance fees in Kathmandu to any temples and monastery
Sarankot Dhampus HikingThis 3 day 2 night hiking trip is a Nepalese classic. The path passes through…
Duration: 5 Days
Seti River RaftingThe warm and welcoming Seti River is excellent for a more relaxed rafting experience for…
Duration: 2 Days
Sun Koshi River RaftingBoasting warm water, the Sun Koshi is know for its foamy water and narrow canyons…
Duration: 10 to 11 Days
Naudanda & Sarankot Day HikePokhara is surrounded by verdant hills and traditional villages offering stunning views of the Himalayan…
Duration: 6-7 hours
A day hiking to NAGARJUNANagarjuna hill another view points close to the Kathmandu city located West of Kathmandu, the…
Duration: 1 Day
- This 3 day 2 night hiking trip is a Nepalese classic. The path passes through…
- Adventure Himalayan helicopter flight over the Himalayas is a unique and adventurous way to see…
- Well known as one of the most popular hiking roots in Nepal, this 3 day…
- The latest adrenaline cocktail of choice is Canyoning, an activity that involves abseiling, sliding, jumping,…
- The warm and welcoming Seti River is excellent for a more relaxed rafting experience for…
- Boasting warm water, the Sun Koshi is know for its foamy water and narrow canyons…
- Pokhara is surrounded by verdant hills and traditional villages offering stunning views of the Himalayan…
- Nagarjuna hill another view points close to the Kathmandu city located West of Kathmandu, the…
- .We have major destination covered including kathmandu , Pokhara Chitwan , Lumnini, Nagarkot and many…