Duration: 6 Days
Lumbini is one of the most spiritual locations in the world and is the birthplace of Lord Buddha and serves as the root of the Buddhist religion and philosophy. One of the four most important pilgrimage locations as described by Buddha himself, Lumbini is a must visit for any spiritual traveler. Home to peaceful gardens, spiritual trees and countless temples, monasteries and stupas, Lumbini is the ultimate destination to further develop your spiritual curiosity literally following in the footsteps of lord Buddha explore the origins of one of the most influential religions in the world. We are proud to offer two unique ways to experience Lumbini allowing you to experience a more personal interaction with this spiritual location.
- Destination: Nepal
- Activities: Trekking
- Duration: 1 - 7 Days
- Region: Lumbini
- Best Season: Spring / Summer / Autumn
- Group Size: 02+ Pax
Day 1 Arrive in Kathmandu [1300 m/4264 ft] Upon your arrival in the Kathmandu airport (TIA), you will be greeted by a representative from the Good Karma Trekking team holding a sign with your name in the parking lot. After a brief introduction, you will be escorted to your hotel. After check in, and welcome drinks you will be free to explore around the backpacker haven of Thamel.
Day 2 Kathmandu [1300 m/4264 ft]Today after breakfast we will start a guided tour to several of the most historical and spiritual attractions in Kathmandu including Durbar Square, and Pashupati temple that are both Unesco World Heritage Sites. You will also visit the famous 'Monkey Temple' (Swayambunath) and Buddhists shrine (Buddha Nath) that is one of the large Stupas in the world.
Day 3 Drive to LumbiniTravel through the scenic Kathmandu Valley admiring the diverse architecture of different ethnic groups while you pass through terraced rice fields along a series of powerful rivers and waterfall on you way to Lumbini. You will have time to further explore the mystique of the city in the evening while relaxing in the same atmosphere that inspired Buddha in his spiritual persuits.
Day 4 Lumbini TourWe will begin by visiting the legendary Maya Devi temple home to original Buddhist scripture, details about the birth of Buddha, and home to the first place Buddha came in contact with the earth. The timeless Ashokan Pillar marks his place of birth inside the temple. We will then move to the tranquil Puskarni Pond where his mother bathed prior to this birth. We will then visit a series of ruins and holy stupas commemorating different achievements of Buddhism. Finally, we will continue to a charming nearby village to learn more about the practical aspects of Buddhism as practiced by the locals in the region who have passes down their religious traditions for centuries.
Day 5 Drive to KathmanduWe will return to Kathmandu along the same scenic route we took to Lumbini. We will have time in the evening to visit any other places of interest, do some souvenir shopping or explore the backpacker haven of Thamel. If you desire, we can include any trip extension including the popular Unesco World Heritage site of Chitwan National Park or the stunning lakeside town of Pokhara.
Day 6 DepartureDepending on your flight time you may be able to see a few more attractions in before departing approximately 3 hours before the scheduled flight time. You will be escorted to the airport with a representative from Good Karma trekking staff. After our farewells, you will have plenty of time to plan your next adventure in Nepal with Good Karma, as one time is never enough.
- Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car / van / bus
- Accommodation as required by you like -Budget Hotels, Tourist standard Hotel ,Threee star category Hotels ,Four Star Hotels, Five Star Hotels in ( Bed & Breakfast Basis , Bed Breakfast & Dinner Basis , Bed Breakfast Lunch Dinner Basis )or as specified in the appropriate itinerary
- Guided city tours as per the Itinerary by Private Car, Van, Jeep, Costar, Bus, Flights etc as per the group sizes and your request.
- Government registered Nepali professional English speaking Guide certified by Natham.
- All our government taxes , Hotel 10+ 13 present Vat taxes services charges etc
- Official expense& services charges
- Certain lunches and dinners as explained in the trekking itinerary
- Your travel insurance
- International airfare and airport departure tax
- Appropriate visa fees
- Alcoholic, cold and hot drinks, laundry
- Personal equipment
- Certain sightseeing/monument entrance fees
- Any others expenses
Naudanda & Sarankot Day HikePokhara is surrounded by verdant hills and traditional villages offering stunning views of the Himalayan…
Duration: 6-7 hours
Day hiking near KathmanduChampadevi: Roughly 2300 meters in elevation the pilgrimage includes a trip to both an important…
Duration: 1 Day
Balthali Village hiking TourBalthali Village is a small authentic village just 40km away from Kathmandu. The area surrounding…
Duration: 3 Days
Sunrise in Nagarkot with HikingOur company offers Nagarkot Sunrise and Hike every day from Kathmandu, The Nagarkot view point…
Duration: 1 Day
Sun Koshi River RaftingBoasting warm water, the Sun Koshi is know for its foamy water and narrow canyons…
Duration: 10 to 11 Days
Dhampus Day Hike
Bhote Koshi River RaftingThe Bhote Koshi offers spectacular views of valleys and gorges while offering many challenging rapids…
Duration: 1 to 2 Days
- Pokhara is surrounded by verdant hills and traditional villages offering stunning views of the Himalayan…
- Champadevi: Roughly 2300 meters in elevation the pilgrimage includes a trip to both an important…
- Balthali Village is a small authentic village just 40km away from Kathmandu. The area surrounding…
- Our company offers Nagarkot Sunrise and Hike every day from Kathmandu, The Nagarkot view point…
- Sport fishing, like hunting receives little attention in Nepal as few Nepalese pursue this leisure…
- Boasting warm water, the Sun Koshi is know for its foamy water and narrow canyons…
- Dhampus Day hike is the best things to do if you are free for a…
- Overview Despite its spectacular mountain views and picturesque villages, Kakani is a part of Nepal…
- The Bhote Koshi offers spectacular views of valleys and gorges while offering many challenging rapids…