Duration: 20 Days
Passing through a traditional grazing valley, the trip to Makalu Basecamp offers a wide range of diverse natural beauty leading to sights of the world fifth highest mountain peak. Travel through ancient traditional terraced agricultural fields while stopping to learn about the local culture as you pass through a chain of friendly nomadic villages along a peaceful river. Climb along one of the most scenic passes in the region and explore the power and beauty of the Himalayas from a wide range of scenic vantage points as you camp under the starry skies of the Himalayas. This demanding hike is ideal for those looking for a challenging trek through a less touristy area of Nepal passing through rough terrain to high but reasonable elevations
- Destnation: Nepal
- Activities: Trekking
- Duration: 14 - 21 Days
- Region: Other
- Best Season: Spring / Summer / Autumn
- Group Size: 02+ Pax
Day 1 Arrival in KathmanduUpon your arrival to the airport, you will be greeted by the friendly Good Karma Trekking staff who will escort you to your accommodation in Kathmandu. After settling in and exploring the streets of Thamel, we will arrange a special welcome diner featuring local specialties to introduce you to the city and the Good Karma team.
Day 2 Fly to TumlingtarWe will take a scenic morning flight passing over a wide range of Himalayan peaks on the way to Tumlingtar. Upon arrival, you will be greeted by the trekking team for a short but informative briefing before taking a bumpy but scenic drive to Chichila to make camp for the night.
Day 3 Trek to NumToday, we begin our hike starting along a forest trail home to a wide range of animals and seasonal flowers. After a gradual climb, we will descend to a scenic viewpoint offering views of Makalu looming in the distance before continuing to Num in the afternoon.
Day 4 Trek to SeduaAfter an early breakfast, we will take a long hike along the Arun River gradually dropping to meet the tranquil waters before climbing to the traditional village of Sedua to learn more about the life and traditions of the local hill people.
Day 5 Trek to TashigaonWe will take a short relaxing hike through a mixed trail leading to the town of Tashigaon known for its traditional architecture before making camp under the mesmerizing star filled Himalayan sky.
Day 6 Trek to Kauma KharkaWe continue along the trail leading us through the foggy cloud forest filled with dense trees and rhododendrons before stopping for lunch while enjoying views of the valley below. We then continue climbing to reach a traditional grazing field near a ridge where we will make camp for the night.
Day 7 Shipton La Pass and DobatoWe will begin with a steep climb leading to the timeless Shipton La pass where we will enjoy the panoramic views before continuing down the other side. The trail then moves to a large clearing filled with beautiful and fragrant local vegetation where we will camp for the night.
Day 8 Trek to Yangri KharkaThe trail slowly leaves the clearing and descends toward the banks of the Barun River, which we will follow to a scenic gorge before arriving in a large valley. After enjoying the local views, we will camp in the pasture known locally as Yangri Kharka.
Day 9 Trek to Lengmale KharkaWe continue along the relaxing riverside path move up to a scenic area offering views of the Himalayan giants in the distance. We will stop at a traditional viewpoint for lunch before camping in the traditional grazing fields of Lengmale Kharka.
Day 10 Trek to ShersonTodays hike is particularly scenic and offers continuous mountain views along the trail. We will pass through the alpine forest near the Barun Glacier before arriving at Sherson to catch a majestic Himalayan sunset as the sun reflects a pinkish color on the intimidating mountain peaks.
Day 11 Rest and exploration dayWe will stay in Sherson for the day to acclimate to the higher elevations while taking an optional excursion to a high pass known for its scenic views of Makalu and Everest during the afternoon.
Day 12 Trek to Yangri KharkaWe will head back to Yangri Kharka moving along the banks of the Barun River. Today is a very enjoyable and relaxed hike as we slowly descend through a secluded area enjoying the sounds of beauty of the remote area.
Day 13 Trek to DobatoWe continue our descent along the river before making a steep and challenging climb through a slippery stone terrain leading back to Dobato where we will make camp for the night and relax by the fire.
Day 14 Trek to Kauma KharkaWe retrace our steps and slowly head back to Kauma Kharka enjoying the views of the Shipton La pass from a new vantage point. After crossing the path we continue along a gradually descending trail leading to Kauma Kharka.
Day 15 Trek to SeduaToday makes for an enjoyable trip as we continue mostly downhill through the mysterious cloud forest passing through Tashigaon on the way back to Sedua.
Day 16 Trek to NumWe continue our descent until we meet the banks of the Arun River slowly making our way across the valley before making a final climb to reach Num to learn more about the local culture and observe the unique architecture of the quaint village.
Day 17 Return to TumlingtarAfter an early breakfast we take a 5-hour hike along the scenic ridge leading to Chichila where we will meet the car and return to Tumlingtar to make camp for the night.
Day 18 Return to KathmanduWe will return along the scenic road back to Kathmandu to spend the evening celebrating the completion of your trip in the backpacker haven of Thamel before taking a well deserved rest at your hotel for the night.
Day 19 provisional day or city tourThis is a scheduled extra day incase of any delay or problem during our trek. If we reach Kathmandu on time, we can arrange a city tour featuring the highlights of Kathmandu including several UNESCO world heritage sites such as Durbar Square and Pashupati temple before visiting Sqayambhunath, and Buddha Nath, which is one of the largest Buddhist stupas in the world. In the evening we will meet for a traditional meal featuring local music, food and dancing to celebrate the completion of your trip.
Day 20 DepartureToday, a Member of the Good Karma team will escort you to the airport for your flight. After saying our farewells you will continue on your journey with fond memories of you adventure in Nepal.
- Airport pick up & Transfer to hotel
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis (Tourist Standard Hotel to Five Star deluxe Hotel in Kathmandu as you prefer)
- Government license holder Trekking Guide.
- Trekking porter /Sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking.
- Three time meal during the trekking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Tea house , Lodge, Tent accommodation as per the requirement.
- Trekker’s Information Management system (TIMS)
- Conservation area fee & all essential permits as per Nepal Government rule.
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, Good Karma Trekking duffel bag, t-shirt, and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion)&( optionally if you have your own bags, down jackets and wants to use your own you are free to bring them)
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- Trekking guide and porters accommodation, fare, meal, equipments and salary & Insurance
- All program as mentioned in itinerary.
- Government Tax and office service charge.
- Welcome Dinner
- Airport drop
- Nepal Visa fee
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, Soft drinks such as cola, , shower & any Purely personal nature expenses etc)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Tips for guides and porters
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed Sightseeing and entrance fees in Kathmandu to any temples and monastery
Karnali River RaftingThe Karnali, known as one of the strongest and most beautiful rivers in the region…
Duration: 10 Days
Kaligandaki River RaftingLocated in the Upper Mustang region the Kaligandaki lies between the Dhaulagiri and Annapurna ranges…
Duration: 3 Days
Bhote Koshi River RaftingThe Bhote Koshi offers spectacular views of valleys and gorges while offering many challenging rapids…
Duration: 1 to 2 Days
Sarankot Dhampus HikingThis 3 day 2 night hiking trip is a Nepalese classic. The path passes through…
Duration: 5 Days
Seti River RaftingThe warm and welcoming Seti River is excellent for a more relaxed rafting experience for…
Duration: 2 Days
- The Karnali, known as one of the strongest and most beautiful rivers in the region…
- Adventure Himalayan helicopter flight over the Himalayas is a unique and adventurous way to see…
- Volunteering in Nepal creates a mutually beneficial and rewarding experience for everyone involved. Although a…
- Located in the Upper Mustang region the Kaligandaki lies between the Dhaulagiri and Annapurna ranges…
- Well known as one of the most popular hiking roots in Nepal, this 3 day…
- The Bhote Koshi offers spectacular views of valleys and gorges while offering many challenging rapids…
- This 3 day 2 night hiking trip is a Nepalese classic. The path passes through…
- Sport fishing, like hunting receives little attention in Nepal as few Nepalese pursue this leisure…
- The warm and welcoming Seti River is excellent for a more relaxed rafting experience for…