Duration: 17 Days
The ideal peak climbing experience for those looking for an introduction to mountaineering in a reasonable timeframe, Mardi Himal offers a wonderful combination of natural beauty, challenging climbs and mountaineering lessons. This relatively easy peak is suitable for those with previous trekking experience looking to explore the eastern side of Modi Dhola of the Annapurna Range. Enjoy the beautiful peaks towering over the Himalayan backdrop as you summit the 5,587-meter peak to enjoy some of the best panoramic views in the entire Himalayan Range.
- Destnation: Nepal
- Activities: Peak Climbing
- Duration: 14 - 21 Days
- Region: Annapurna
- Max. Altitude: 5587m
- Best Season: Spring / Summer / Autumn
- Group Size: 02+ Pax
Day 1 Arrival in KathmanduUpon your arrival to the airport, you will be greeted by the friendly Good Karma Trekking staff who will escort you to your accommodation in Kathmandu. After settling in and exploring the streets of Thamel, we will arrange a special welcome diner featuring local specialties to introduce you to the city and the Good Karma team.
Day 2 Kathmandu SightseeingToday we will take a tour featuring the highlights of Kathmandu including several UNESCO world heritage sites such as Durbar Square and Pashupati temple before visiting Sqayambhunath, and Buddha Nath, which is one of the largest Buddhist stupas in the world. After lunch, we will hold a briefing with your trekking guide addressing any questions or concerns you may have about your trip.
Day 3 Drive to PokharaWe will take a scenic bus ride passing through traditional rice terraced fields, charming villages, powerful rivers and waterfalls on the way to the charming lakeside town of Pokhara where we will spend the night.
Day 4 Trek to GyachokWe take an early morning drive to the village of Hyenja to begin our trek passing along the Mardi Khola River over a rope bridge before passing through a series of peaceful farming villages. We will stay the night in the town of Gyachok taking time to talk to the locals to learn more about their traditional lifestyle before taking in a scenic sunset with views of Machhapuchhre and Mardi Himal.
Day 5 Trek to Sano KhobanWe continue our hike through charming villages, each with their own unique culture and architecture. We move along scenic traditional terraced fields before continuing along a hill to Dhiprang and stopping for lunch along the river. We finish the day with a relaxing hike before finishing the day with a steep climb to the pasture of Sano Khoban to make camp for the night.
Day 6 Trek to PipaAfter breakfast we pass through a relaxing forest before continuing up the arduous uphill forest path leading to a small ridge that takes us to Pipa.
Day 7 Acclimatization DayTo protect against altitude sickness, we will take an acclimation day where you are free to relax with the locals or take a few short hikes to admire the local scenery.
Day 8 Trek to Thulo KharkaThe trail continues along the ridge offering several scenic vantage points offering sights of Manaslu in the east and the greater Annapurnas to the west. We spend the day hiking along the ridge before making camp for the night in the traditional grazing grounds of Thulo Kharka.
Day 9 Trek to Base CampWe continue along the trail past the scenic pastures rising towards the basecamp. We continue for a few hours before reaching the valley base camp offering excellent sunset views of Mardi Himal.
Day 10 Acclimatization day To protect against altitude sickness and ensure proper rest for the following days, we will take another acclimation day where you are free to relax with the locals or take a few short hikes to admire the local scenery.
Day 11 Trek to High CampWe take a very steep climb up from the basecamp moving along slippery rocks before arriving in a conveniently located campsite providing shelter from the strong winds. We will spend the night preparing our gear and enjoying the beautiful starlight sky in anticipation of our ascent the following day.
Day 12 Mardi Himal AscentWe take an early start to climb to the peak located nearly a kilometer overhead. We head toward a path between Mardi Himal and Machhapuchare before using our crampons for the 4-hour trip up the slippery and windy ridge. After a steep climb, we arrive at the summit stopping to enjoy the panoramic views to highlight our journey. We then continue down along the same path and spend the evening back at high base camp for the night.
Day 13 Trek to KorchonIn order to properly enjoy our descent, we will move along a different path back to Pokhara first continuing to the town of Korchon. Todays hike is a relatively easy gradual descent that passes through several scenic vantage points.
Day 14 Trek to RibanWe will continue along the trail past Odane Hill down a difficult hill known for its hidden holes and unstable ground. Taking plenty of time to make a safe descent, we will continue through a dense forest before spending the evening in Riban known for its local beer and traditional music.
Day 15 Trek to Hyenja and drive to PokharaOur final day of hiking takes us past the Mardi Khola and Mardi Pul where we will stop for a relaxing lunch before arriving to Kyenja. We continue with a scenic drive to the laidback town of Pokhara to spend the evening explore the scenic lake and friendly local streets.
Day 16 Return to KathmanduWe will take a scenic bus ride back to the bustling capital city of Kathmandu. Upon arrival we will arrange a special cultural diner filled with traditional music, dancing and local specialties before returning to Thamel for the night.
Day 17 Departure Today, a Member of the Good Karma team will escort you to the airport for your flight. After saying our farewells you will continue on your journey with fond memories of you adventure in Nepal.
- All airport/hotel transfers
- Guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu
- Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu flight and departure taxes
- Accommodations in Kathmandu in Breakfast and Bed basis (Plz let us know what category hotels do you prefer)
- Teahouse/Lodge and tented accommodation during trekking and climbing session
- Three times meals in Mountain: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner,
- All ground transportation as per the itinerary program by private vehicles
- All necessary staffs with experienced English speaking climbing and trekking leader (guide), cook, assistant climbing leader, Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter), other helpers as per requirement for the climbing section including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- All necessary paper works; trekking permits & Climbing permits
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, Good Karma Trekking duffel bag, t-shirt, and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion or if you have your own and wants to bring you are also welcome .)
- Group Mountaineering climbing and camping equipment for climbing part high quality North Face or Mountain Hardware tents for camping and kitchen, dining, toilet tents, mattresses, kitchen equipments
- Travel and rescue arrangements
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- Exclusive Medical Kit Bag
- All government and local taxes
- Nepal Visa fee
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Altitude chamber (PAC) or oxygen
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu(and also in the case of early return from mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottled or boiled water, shower, heater, etc.)
- Tips for guides and porters
Day hiking near KathmanduChampadevi: Roughly 2300 meters in elevation the pilgrimage includes a trip to both an important…
Duration: 1 Day
Karnali River RaftingThe Karnali, known as one of the strongest and most beautiful rivers in the region…
Duration: 10 Days
Marshyangdi River RaftingMarshyvangdi is an excellent aventure packed trip offering very steep and challenging rapids along the…
Duration: 3 Days
- Champadevi: Roughly 2300 meters in elevation the pilgrimage includes a trip to both an important…
- Adventure Himalayan helicopter flight over the Himalayas is a unique and adventurous way to see…
- The latest adrenaline cocktail of choice is Canyoning, an activity that involves abseiling, sliding, jumping,…
- Let your spirits fly and take a leap of 160 meters with nothing but a…
- The Karnali, known as one of the strongest and most beautiful rivers in the region…
- .We have major destination covered including kathmandu , Pokhara Chitwan , Lumnini, Nagarkot and many…
- Ticketing for transportation including flights and buses varies from international norms and online bookings are…
- Public transportation in Nepal can be very stressful and hectic and many may wish to…
- Marshyvangdi is an excellent aventure packed trip offering very steep and challenging rapids along the…