Duration: 29 Days
- Destination: Cross Country
- Activities: Tours
- Duration: 21 + Days
- Group Size: 02+ Pax
Day 01 Arrive in Kathmandu [1300 m/4264 ft] Upon your arrival in the Kathmandu airport (TIA), you will be greeted by a representative from the Good Karma Trekking team holding a sign with your name in the parking lot. After a brief introduction, you will be escorted to your hotel. After check in, and welcome drinks you will be free to explore around the backpacker haven of Thamel.
Day 02 Kathmandu [1300 m/4264 ft]Today after breakfast we will start a guided tour to several of the most historical and spiritual attractions in Kathmandu including Durbar Square, and Pashupati temple that are both Unesco World Heritage Sites. You will also visit the famous 'Monkey Temple' (Swayambunath) and Buddhists shrine (Buddha Nath) that is one of the large Stupas in the world.
Day 03 Flight to Lukla & trek to Phakding ( half hour flight)Flight to Lukla & trek to Phakding ( half hour flight)
Day 04 Trek to Namche (3450m) (5 hours walk)Trek to Namche (3450m) (5 hours walk)
Day 05 Rest day in NamcheRest day in Namche
Day 06 Trek to Thyangboche[3864m]( 5-6 hours walk )Trek to Thyangboche[3864m]( 5-6 hours walk )
Day 07 Trek to Pheriche [4252m] (5:30 hours walk)Trek to Pheriche [4252m] (5:30 hours walk)
Day 08 Rest day in PhericheRest day in Pheriche
Day 09 Trek to Lobuche[4930m] ( 5 hours walk)Trek to Lobuche[4930m] ( 5 hours walk)
Day 10 Trek to Gorak Shep [5184m] (3:30 hours walk)Trek to Gorak Shep [5184m] (3:30 hours walk)
Day 11 Trek to Everest BC , back to Gorak Shep( 3:30 hours walk)Trek to Everest BC , back to Gorak Shep( 3:30 hours walk)
Day 12 Trek to Pangboche [3985m] (6- 7 hours walk)Trek to Pangboche [3985m] (6- 7 hours walk)
Day 13 Trek to Namche[3450m] ( 4-5 hours walk)Trek to Namche[3450m] ( 4-5 hours walk)
Day 14 Trek to Lukla[2900m] ( 6 hours walk)Trek to Lukla[2900m] ( 6 hours walk)
Day 15 Flight to KathmanduFlight to Kathmandu
Day 16 Kathmandu to LhasaWe will take a scenic mountain flight to Lhasa to meet our native Tibetan guide while taking time to explore the ancient and well-preserved capital city of Tibet. Lhasa is situated at the base of Mount Gephel and remained secluded from the world for centuries serving as the traditional home to the Dalai Lama.
day 17 LhasaToday we will visit the scenic hilltop Potala Palace before traveling to the spiritual Ramoche Monastery to see the daily life of the Tibetan Monks. We will spend the afternoon unlocking the mysteries of the Norbulingkga Palace before a free evening to continue your immersion into the Tibetan way of life. We will spend the evening exploring the traditional market square having a meal of traditional Tibetan food while enjoying cultural music and dances that have been passed down for centuries.
Day 18 LhasaAfter an early breakfast, we will visit the traditional Sera Monastery known for its unmatched beauty historically serving as the home to over 5,000 monks. We will continue to the 1,400-year-old Jokhang temple regarded as the holiest site in Lhasa viewing the Kora temple nestled along the stream of humanity. After viewing the legendary golden Buddha we will return to the city for a celebratory dinner and while taking the evening to explore the timeless streets and absorb the traditional culture.
Day 19 Lhasa to GyantseWe will take a morning ride over the Darola and Kambala mountains while passing through untouched holy lakes before arriving in the traditional city of Gyantse. We will take time to explore the downtown area and talking with some locals to learn more about the customs of the customs of the city before visiting the Pholkor and Kumbum Monasteries to learn about the local spiritual practices
Day 20 Xigatse to Shakye Monastery and XegarWe continue uphill until we reach the Gyatchula Pass situated at 5,220 meters. The highest peak in the area offers timeless views of the pilgrimage site of Mt. Kailash Bifurcates towering over the regional landscape. We will arrive in Xegar to visit the Panchen Lama’s Tashilhumpu to observe the morning rituals of the traditional monks to explore the local market and admire the handicrafts of the local people during the evening.
Day 21 Xegar to RonbukWe will take a drive through the scenic countryside passing through traditional small villages before arriving in Ronbuk. We will visit the local monastery, which is the highest in the world and home to tremendous views of the regional landscape before returning for a traditional meal in Ronbuk.
Day 22 Ronbuk to Everest Base Camp and NyalamWe will continue either by horse or foot to the legendary Everest Base Camp. We will take time to admire the mountaineer camp steeped in history while learning more about the evolution of trekking in the region. We then continue back along the same trail towards Nyalam crossing the Luang La pass situated at over 5,000 meters. We will arrive and Nyalam and take in a scenic sunset reflecting the light on the pinkish mountains surrounding the town.
Day 23 Nyalam to KathmanduWe will take a scenic return trip to Kathmandu passing from high mountain regions to lower altitudes passing through scenic rice fields and strong rivers before arriving in Kathmandu
Day 24 Fly to Paro and drive to ThimpuWe will take a flight to Paro to visit the National Museum before continuing to Thimphu to explore during the evening
Day 25 Thimphu SightseeingWe will visit the exquisite National Library home to an impressive collection of ancient Buddhist scriptures before continuing to the Folk and Heritage Museum displaying the life of the traditional Bhutanese people through the ages. After lunch we will visit the King’s Memorial Stupa, the Handmade Paper Factory and the painting school, which preserves traditional paintings and handicrafts. We will finish the day with a visit to Tashichhdodzong which serves as the office for the King and Government of Bhutan and is home to many local crafts and souvenirs for sale to tourists and locals.
Day 26 Thimphu to Punakha ThimpuWe move to the Dochula Pass on the way to Punakha for the famous views of the Eastern Himalayas home to the highest point of Bhutan. We will make a trip to visit the temple of the divine madman famous for enhancing fertility among visitors. We will take a short walk through the traditional rice fields before continuing to Punakha Dzong nestled in the peaceful Pho Chu and Mo Chu rivers prior to our return to Thimpu.
Day 27 Thimphu to ParoWe will drive to Paro to trek to the Takstanng Monastery known as the Tiger’s Lair. This is the most famous location in Bhutan and we will travel uphill either by foot or on horseback to reach the monastery. We will take time to explore the beauty of the architecture and surroundings before returning to Paro for our last evening in Bhutan.
Day 28 Paro to KathmanduWe will return on a short flight to Kathmandu for a free afternoon followed by a cultural performance and farewell diner to celebrate your journey.
Day 29 DepartureDeparture
- Private Arrival & Departure transfers on both domestic and international flights.
- Hotel Accommodation in Nepal,Tibet Bhutan
- Full board meals while in Bhutan (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner).
- While in Trekking all foods , accommodations, porter ,guide , permits, & Lukla flights
- Welcome / fare - well dinner in Kathmandu,
- The sightseeing city tour with world heritage entrance fees
- All Domestic flights as listed in the itinerary. Tibet – kathamndu , Nepal Bhutan round trip and kathamndu pokhara .
- Daily breakfast in the hotel in Tibet & Nepal but full meals in Bhutan.
- All ground transfers and sightseeing by Private transport
- English speaking local guides.
- Sightseeing admission fees.
- Tibet Permit,Tibet Visa,Bhutan permit Bhutan visa.
- Nepal entry Visa fees, Your travel insurance of any kind
- International Airfare and Airport Tax
- Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, tipping, laundry, phone etc.
- Travel insurance.
- International air fares.
- International fares are quoted separately.
Pulchowki Hiking in Kathmandu
Day hiking near KathmanduChampadevi: Roughly 2300 meters in elevation the pilgrimage includes a trip to both an important…
Duration: 1 Day
Marshyangdi River RaftingMarshyvangdi is an excellent aventure packed trip offering very steep and challenging rapids along the…
Duration: 3 Days
Kaligandaki River RaftingLocated in the Upper Mustang region the Kaligandaki lies between the Dhaulagiri and Annapurna ranges…
Duration: 3 Days
- Situated at an elevation of 2782 meters this is the highest southern hill in the…
- Ticketing for transportation including flights and buses varies from international norms and online bookings are…
- Champadevi: Roughly 2300 meters in elevation the pilgrimage includes a trip to both an important…
- Marshyvangdi is an excellent aventure packed trip offering very steep and challenging rapids along the…
- Nepal serving as the nexus of Buddhist and Hindu culture and traditions makes an ideal…
- Meditation Centers Meditation has steadily gained popularity over the last decade resulting in numerous centers…
- Volunteering in Nepal creates a mutually beneficial and rewarding experience for everyone involved. Although a…
- Located in the Upper Mustang region the Kaligandaki lies between the Dhaulagiri and Annapurna ranges…
- Naudanda Hiking is an interesting hiking trail around Pokhara and us manager this trip on…