Duration: 18 Days
Summit one of the tallest peaks in Nepal as you climb through the famous Everest Region enjoying the timeless mountain scenery and follow in the footsteps of mountaineering pioneers like Sir Edmund Hillary. The Scenic Lobuche peak offers several access points along a scenic ridge sure to provide you with countless views of the entire region. Pass through lower lands as you ascend and appreciate the natural and cultural diversity of the mysterious mountain region and reach the peak of a truly elusive and challenging mountain. A good level of fitness is and although previous mountaineering experience is beneficial, you can practice your basic skills with your Sherpa who will make sure you climb in a safe and enjoyable manner.
- Destination: Nepal
- Activities: Trekking
- Duration: 14 - 21 Days
- Region: Everest
- Max. Altitude: 6119m
- Best Season: Spring / Summer / Autumn
- Group Size: 02+ Pax
Day 1 Arrival in KathmanduUpon your arrival to the airport, you will be greeted by the friendly Good Karma Trekking staff who will escort you to your accommodation in Kathmandu. After settling in and exploring the streets of Thamel, we will arrange a special welcome diner featuring local specialties to introduce you to the city and the Good Karma team.
Day 2 Kathmandu SightseeingToday we will take a tour featuring the highlights of Kathmandu including several UNESCO world heritage sites such as Durbar Square and Pashupati temple before visiting Sqayambhunath, and Buddha Nath, which is one of the largest Buddhist stupas in the world. After lunch, we will hold a briefing with your trekking guide addressing any questions or concerns you may have about your trip.
Day 3 Kathmandu to LuklaWe will take a scenic flight offering view of tremendous mountain peaks before arriving in Lukla, which serves as the gate to Everest. After meeting our team, we will trek through Lukla to Phakding with an optional trip to a near by monastery for those interested.
Day 4 Phakding to Namche BazaarToday features a relaxing hike with several river crossings as we pass through Jorsale into Sagarmatha National park before arriving in Namche Bazaar. Namche Bazaar offers excellent views of Kwangde Peak, Kusum Kangaru, Mt. Everest, Lhotse and Tawache as well as several other notable Kumbu peaks and mountains.
Day 5 Namche Bazaar: Acclimatization DayThis is a scheduled 'acclimatization' day for the trek. It is advisable to stay active and keep moving during the acclimation period to familiarize your lungs with the thing air. We either spend the day taking a day hike to Thame or visiting Khunde or carry out relaxed exploration of Namche Bazaar itself. Namche Bazzar is the main center of the Everest (Khumbu) region and has government offices, ATMs, Internet cafes, shops, restaurants, a bakery and a colorful market each Friday Saturday evening. We will travel to the Tourist Visitor Center near Sagarmatha National to learn about the first climbers in Everest, Sherpa culture and the various plant and animal life of the Everest region. We also take an interesting side trip up to Khumjung to climb up to the famous airstrip at Syangboche offering timeless views of the highest mountains on Earth. The Khumjung valley is surrounded by the snowy peaks of Kongde and Thamserku and the sacred peak Khumbila which hosts a well-known monastery that houses a yeti scalp. We will stay overnight in Namche Bazaar.
Day 6 Namche Bazzar to TengbocheWe continue our scenic route offering views of Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse and close up sights of Thamserku along a path offering the chance to spot wild pheasants, deer, and thar on the way to Kayangjuma. We pass a major three-way junction before passing through a series of small villages. We will stop for lunch at Phunki Thenga and continue along a steep path through dense forests offering several unique vantage points before reaching our teahouse in Tengboche.
Day 7 Trek to PhericheWe will continue through a forest before crossing the Inja Khola River to reach the town of Pheriche. We will take time to admire the region from several beautiful vantage points while visiting the local gompa and mani wall.
Day 8 Rest day in PhericheWe will take another acclimation day offering the opporutinity to visit a pristine lake, the walls of Cholatse and Tawache or the Dingboche ridge. Alternatively, you can take a day to rest and explore the town learning about the local customs.
Day 9 Trek to Lobuche We will trek along the terminal moraine route leading to the Khumbu Glacier on the way to the famous Chupki Lhara ridge known for its stone monuments and prayer flags. We continue along the glacier to see the peaks of Khumbutse, Lingtren, Pumori and Mahalangur Himal before continuing along a peaceful stream leading to Lobuche.
Day 10 Trek to Locuche Base CampWe continue along the trail passing through flat lands before rising along a steep ridge along the Lobuche Glacier. The trail is composed of ice-covered rocks and can be quite slippery so we will take our time to make a gradual ascent. We will top to enjoy stunning views of Cholatse, Tawache, Pokhalde and Thanserku along the way before making camp under the starlight sky.
Day 11 Rest Day at Base CampWe will take a full day rest to properly acclimate to the high altitude and practice using our equipment, which may be necessary during at ascent to the peak.
Day 12 Lobuche Summit and return to base campWe will continue along the hidden trail following a series of stone makers leading to the summit. We will make a sharp 60-degree climb using our crampons and axe to slowly reach the summit offering unparalleled mountain views. We will stop for photos while enjoying the view that feels like the top of the world before slowly descending back to base camp for the night to take a much needed rest after 10 hours of climbing.
Day 13 Trek to DingbocheWe continue our descent to the town of Dingboche passing through Duglha. We will take time to admire the mountain scenery from a few stunning vantage points before arriving in the charming picturesque town to make camp for the night.
Day 14 Trek to TengbocheWe continue along the gradually descending trail along the same route taking time to admire the differing vantage points. We will pass through the traditional villages of Pangboche and Shomare to learn more about the traditional cultures before resting in Tengboche for the night
Day 15 Trek to NamcheWe continue along the Dudh Kosi River passing over a series of suspension bridges. The area is famous for its auspicious water powered prayer wheels established by the local Buddhists. We will spend the night in the bustling town of Namche Bazaar for a traditional meal before resting for the night.
Day 16 Namche Bazzar to LuklaWe continue down a steep trail through rocky terrain through the same path we took previously while enjoying contrasting views of the other side of the Himalayan Range. Passing through a series of small villages we will see prayer stones and flags along the way before our arrival in Lukla.
Day 17 Lukla to KathmanduWe will fly back to Kathmandu where you can relax in the hotel or continue to explore the city. Today is a great time to do some shopping or exploring the countless temples and markets of the city. We will meet for a cultural diner offering local food, music and dancing to celebrate the completion of you journey in a traditional Nepalese way before returning to your hotel for the night.
Day 18 DepartureToday, a Member of the Good Karma team will escort you to the airport for your flight. After saying our farewells you will continue on your journey with fond memories of you adventure in Nepal.
- All airport/hotel transfers
- Guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu
- Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu flight and departure taxes
- Accommodations in Kathmandu in Breakfast and Bed basis (Plz let us know what category hotels do you prefer)
- Teahouse/Lodge and tented accommodation during trekking and climbing session
- Three times meals in Mountain: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner,
- All ground transportation as per the itinerary program by private vehicles
- All necessary staffs with experienced English speaking climbing and trekking leader (guide), cook, assistant climbing leader, Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter), other helpers as per requirement for the climbing section including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- All necessary paper works; trekking permits & Climbing permits
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, Good Karma Trekking duffel bag, t-shirt, and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion or if you have your own and wants to bring you are also welcome .)
- Group Mountaineering climbing and camping equipment for climbing part high quality North Face or Mountain Hardware tents for camping and kitchen, dining, toilet tents, mattresses, kitchen equipments
- Travel and rescue arrangements
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- Exclusive Medical Kit Bag
- All government and local taxes
- Nepal Visa fee
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Altitude chamber (PAC) or oxygen
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu(and also in the case of early return from mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottled or boiled water, shower, heater, etc.)
- Tips for guides and porters
Karnali River RaftingThe Karnali, known as one of the strongest and most beautiful rivers in the region…
Duration: 10 Days
Marshyangdi River RaftingMarshyvangdi is an excellent aventure packed trip offering very steep and challenging rapids along the…
Duration: 3 Days
Naudanda & Sarankot Day HikePokhara is surrounded by verdant hills and traditional villages offering stunning views of the Himalayan…
Duration: 6-7 hours
Nagarkot Dhulikhel HikingThis 3 day 2-night trek offers a chance to combine Nagarkot and Dhulikhel which are…
Duration: 3 Days
- The Karnali, known as one of the strongest and most beautiful rivers in the region…
- Marshyvangdi is an excellent aventure packed trip offering very steep and challenging rapids along the…
- The latest adrenaline cocktail of choice is Canyoning, an activity that involves abseiling, sliding, jumping,…
- Let your spirits fly and take a leap of 160 meters with nothing but a…
- Volunteering in Nepal creates a mutually beneficial and rewarding experience for everyone involved. Although a…
- Pokhara is surrounded by verdant hills and traditional villages offering stunning views of the Himalayan…
- This 3 day 2-night trek offers a chance to combine Nagarkot and Dhulikhel which are…
- Naudanda Hiking is an interesting hiking trail around Pokhara and us manager this trip on…
- Public transportation in Nepal can be very stressful and hectic and many may wish to…