Duration: 8 Days
The trans Himalayan adventure starts in Kathmandu and allows adventure seekers to travel along the scenic traditional roads to Tibet allowing you to see the cultural and national transitions that occur as we move from lower areas in Nepal to the high altitudes and unique geography of Tibet. We will visit Nyalam, Xegar, Xigatse stopping to visit the mysterious regional monasteries before taking time to thoroughly explore Lhasa and the surrounding places of interest. Conquer the mountains and unlock the culture and the spiritual mystery of Tibet in this exciting package.
- Destination: Tibet
- Activities: Tours
- Duration: 7 - 14 Days
- Region: Tibet
- Best Season: Spring / Summer / Autumn
- Group Size: 02+ Pax
Day 1 Kathmandu to ZhangmuWe will take a scenic early morning drive from Kathmandu passing local villages, terraced rice fields, powerful river and relaxing waterfalls before passing through the border at Kodari. Upon arrival in Zhangmu, we will take time to get our first glimpses into the Tibetan way of life before returning to the hotel for the night
Day 2 Trip to XegarWe take an exciting morning drive to visit the world’s highest plateau offering panoramic views of the lower valleys and mountains making you feel on top of the world. We will continue along with scenic Lalungla Pass at over 5,000 meters stopping to observe unobstructed views of Cho Oyu and Xishapagma. Upon arrival in Xegar, we will stop for a local diner before returning to the hotel.
Day 3 Xegar to XigatzeWe continue uphill until we reach the Gyatchula Pass situated at 5,220 meters. The highest peak on the way to Lhasa offers timeless views of the pilgrimage site of Mt. Kailash Bifurcates towering over the regional landscape. We will arrive in Xigatze to explore the local market and admire the handicrafts of the local people during the evening.
Day 4 Xigatze to GyantseWe will take a morning visit to the Panchen Lama’s Tashilhumpu Monastery to learn more about the spiritual practices of Tibet while observing the morning rituals of the traditional monks. We then continue to Gyantse to visit the Kumbum stupa and Pholkor Monastery to see how monks live in a wide range of religious sites while admiring the traditional architecture that has been preserved for centuries.
Day 5 Gyantse to LhasaWe will take a morning ride over the Darola and Kambala mountains while passing through untouched holy lakes before arriving in the spiritual city of Lhasa. We will take time to explore the downtown area steeped in traditional and cultural heritage. Wander the timeless streets. After talking with some locals to learn more about the customs of the mysterious city we will return to the hotel for an evening of relaxation
Day 6 LhasaToday we will visit the scenic hilltop Potala Palace before traveling to the spiritual Ramoche Monastery to see the daily life of the Tibetan Monks. We will spend the afternoon unlocking the mysteries of the Norbulingkga Palace before a free evening to continue your immersion into the Tibetan way of life. We will spend the evening exploring the traditional market square having a meal of traditional Tibetan food while enjoying cultural music and dances that have been passed down for centuries.
Day 7 LhasaAfter an early breakfast, we will visit the traditional Sera Monastery known for its unmatched beauty historically serving as the home to over 5,000 monks. We will continue to the 1,400-year-old Jokhang temple regarded as the holiest site in Lhasa viewing the Kora temple nestled along the stream of humanity. After viewing the legendary golden Buddha we will return to the city for a celebratory dinner and while taking the evening to explore the timeless streets and absorb the traditional culture.
Day 8 Departure You will be transported by the friendly Good Karma Trekking staff the Gonggar Airport to take a scenic return flight over hundreds of scenic Himalayan peaks before arriving in Kathmandu for your departure or next activities.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car / van / bus.
- Standard twin sharing accommodation in three/four star hotel in Kathmandu breakfast included
- 3. Guided city tour by private , Land Cruiser/car / van / bus.
- A government licensed English speaking Tibetan Guide during the tour.
- The required number of tour staff during the tour/Trek
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment, medicine for all staff.
- Flight as per the itinerary
- Tibet entry permission, Chinese visa, monasteries entry fees etc.
- All our government taxes.
- Official expense.
- Equipments like sleeping bags, down jacket and Good Karma Trekking T Shirt .
- Lunch and dinner
- Your travel insurance (compulsory).
- International airfare to and from Nepal and airport departure tax.
- Nepal entry visa,
- personal nature such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry.
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section
Seti River RaftingThe warm and welcoming Seti River is excellent for a more relaxed rafting experience for…
Duration: 2 Days
Sarankot Dhampus HikingThis 3 day 2 night hiking trip is a Nepalese classic. The path passes through…
Duration: 5 Days
Sunrise in Nagarkot with HikingOur company offers Nagarkot Sunrise and Hike every day from Kathmandu, The Nagarkot view point…
Duration: 1 Day
Shivapuri Hiking in KathmanduLocated north of Kathmandu at an elevation of 2563 meters, Shivapuri is the 2nd highest…
Duration: 1 Day
Trishuli River RaftingThe increasing popular Trisuli River offers views of farming valleys and large gorges with regions…
Duration: 1 to 3 Days
- The warm and welcoming Seti River is excellent for a more relaxed rafting experience for…
- Paragliding is perhaps the most rewarding of short duration adventure sports given the fact that…
- This 3 day 2 night hiking trip is a Nepalese classic. The path passes through…
- Adventure Himalayan helicopter flight over the Himalayas is a unique and adventurous way to see…
- Let your spirits fly and take a leap of 160 meters with nothing but a…
- Our company offers Nagarkot Sunrise and Hike every day from Kathmandu, The Nagarkot view point…
- Nepal serving as the nexus of Buddhist and Hindu culture and traditions makes an ideal…
- Located north of Kathmandu at an elevation of 2563 meters, Shivapuri is the 2nd highest…
- The increasing popular Trisuli River offers views of farming valleys and large gorges with regions…