Duration: 21 Days
The most popular peak in the Annapurna Range, Pisang offers tremendous views of the entire region comprised of timeless peaks, high passes, scenic lakes, farmland and everything in-between. The difficult climb offers challenging ice and rock walls combined with a hanging glacier making for a rewarding and exhilarating test. Although difficult, this peak climbing adventure is suitable for those of good fitness levels with no peak climbing experience. Learn the timeless rope and crampon techniques as you take your mountain passion to the next level as you move combine the scenery of the Annapurna circuit with the adrenaline rush of summiting one of the regions most challenging peaks.
- Destination: Nepal
- Activities: Trekking
- Duration: 14 - 21 Days
- Region: Annapurna
- Max. Altitude: 6091m
- Best Season: Spring / Summer / Autumn
- Group Size: 02+ Pax
Day 1 Arrival in KathmanduUpon your arrival to the airport, you will be greeted by the friendly Good Karma Trekking staff who will escort you to your accommodation in Kathmandu. After settling in and exploring the streets of Thamel, we will arrange a special welcome diner featuring local specialties to introduce you to the city and the Good Karma team.
Day 2 Kathmandu SightseeingToday we will take a tour featuring the highlights of Kathmandu including several UNESCO world heritage sites such as Durbar Square and Pashupati temple before visiting Sqayambhunath, and Buddha Nath, which is one of the largest Buddhist stupas in the world. After lunch, we will hold a briefing with your trekking guide addressing any questions or concerns you may have about your trip.
Day 3 Kathmandu to BesisaharWe will take a scenic early morning bus ride to Beissahar passing through traditional rice terraced fields, charming villages, powerful rivers and waterfalls on the way to the charming village of Besisahar where we will spend the night.
Day 4 Besisahar to BahundandaToday we begin our trek passing through a series of peaceful suspension bridges and waterfalls as we pass through quaint traditional farming villages offering insight into the life of the traditional hill people. We end the night at the village of Bahundanda for a traditional meal before resting for the night .
Day 5 Bahundanda to ChamieToday we continue to ascend and descend along a peaceful trail offering several serene vantage points along the way. We will pass by a stunning waterfall with crystal clear untouched waters before arriving in Chamie
Day 6 Chamie to DharapaniWe continue the trail uphill past several traditional Tibetan villages. After a rest to explore the timeless traditions of the village people we will continue to Dharapani.
Day 7 Dharapani to ChameAn uphill journey takes us to the village of Chame known for its hospitality and spectacular views. This will be your first chance to take in panoramic vies of Annapurna II, III and Lamjung Himal.
Day 8 Chame to PisangA steady uphill climb takes us from Chame to altitudes over 3000 meters. You will notice the surrounding changing as natural trees and plants become more scarce as the terrain begins to shift to a drier more desert like environment.
Day 9 Acclimatization dayTo protect against altitude sickness, we will take an acclimation day where you are free to relax with the locals or take a few short hikes to admire the local scenery.
Day 10 Trek to Pisang Peak Base CampWe continue our ascent to the Pisang Base Camp along a path through a traditional nomad pasture to the village of Kharka known as the entry point to Pisang Peak. WE will spend the night camping under the starlight sky in a comfortable plain to rest for tomorrows climb.
Day 11 Trek to Pisang Peak High CampWe will continue for 5 hours to reach our high camp point located at 5,400 meters on the southern ridge of the mountain. We will take plenty of time to rest in preparation for our ascent to the peak the following day.
Day 12 Pisang PeakWe continue from the high camp along a ridge passing through a blustery snow pass where we will need all of our crampons and ropes to continue to the summit. This technical climb will be a great way to test out your new climbing skills and makes for an adrenaline filled ascent on the timeless peak. After taking time to enjoy the timeless panoramic views from what feels like the top of the world, we will return to our previous campsite for the night.
Day 13 Pisang Base Camp to Manang ValleyThe morning begins with a challenging uphill climb bringing us to a small village known as the ultimate place to view the Annapurna Range and the Manang Valley We will continue over a historic ridge before passing along a river into the valley. We will pass through the narrow alleyways of Bragga before arriving in Manang for the evening.
Day 14 Manang to Yak KharkaAfter an early breakfast, we will continue to the traditional village of Kharka known for its traditional architecture and handicrafts. After stopping to chat with the locals, we will continue our ascent to Yak Kharka for the evening.
Day 15 Yak Kharka to Thorong PediWe descend to the base of the pass at Thorong Pedi known as a busy trading post and a popular resting place for trekkers. We will spend the night at the charming town to relax and rest for our challenging hike tomorrow.
Day 16 Thorong La and MuktinathWe will take an early breakfast before following the trail up to the Thorong La Pass offering timeless high altitude panoramic views of the Himalayan giants towering over the mountain landscape. We will take time for tea at the top of the pass before continuing a long descent to the town of Muktinath for the night.
Day 17 Muktinath to KagbeniToday offers a relatively easy hike to the town of Kagbeni. We wake a short walk to the traditional village of Jharkot steeped in Tibetan traditional. The charming town is home to traditional farmers tending to the local hills and practicing their traditional religious practices. We continue downhill to spend the evening in Kagbeni.
Day 18 Trek to JomsomWe will move along the powerful Kali Gandaki River through the valley before reaching the provincial capital of Jomsom. The town is known for its Thakali people and their ancient culture and traditions. We will spend the evening visiting the Ecological Museum of Jomson to learn more about the traditional culture and local flora and fauna found in the valley.
Day 19 Flight to PokharaWe will take an early morning scenic flight to the peaceful lakeside town of Pokhara. Take some time to walk around the relaxed streets, visit the peace pagoda or the mountaineering museum. You have a free day to rest or explore as you like before returning to the hotel for the night.
Day 20 Fly to KathmanduWe will take a scenic bus ride back to the bustling capital city of Kathmandu. Upon arrival we will arrange a special cultural diner filled with traditional music, dancing and local specialties before returning to Thamel for the night.
Day 21 Departure Today, a Member of the Good Karma team will escort you to the airport for your flight. After saying our farewells you will continue on your journey with fond memories of you adventure in Nepal.
- All airport/hotel transfers
- Guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu
- Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu flight and departure taxes
- Accommodations in Kathmandu in Breakfast and Bed basis (Plz let us know what category hotels do you prefer)
- Teahouse/Lodge and tented accommodation during trekking and climbing session
- Three times meals in Mountain: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner,
- All ground transportation as per the itinerary program by private vehicles
- All necessary staffs with experienced English speaking climbing and trekking leader (guide), cook, assistant climbing leader, Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter), other helpers as per requirement for the climbing section including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- All necessary paper works; trekking permits & Climbing permits
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, Good Karma Trekking duffel bag, t-shirt, and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion or if you have your own and wants to bring you are also welcome .)
- Group Mountaineering climbing and camping equipment for climbing part high quality North Face or Mountain Hardware tents for camping and kitchen, dining, toilet tents, mattresses, kitchen equipments
- Travel and rescue arrangements
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- Exclusive Medical Kit Bag
- All government and local taxes
- Nepal Visa fee
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Altitude chamber (PAC) or oxygen
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu(and also in the case of early return from mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottled or boiled water, shower, heater, etc.)
- Tips for guides and porters
Trishuli River RaftingThe increasing popular Trisuli River offers views of farming valleys and large gorges with regions…
Duration: 1 to 3 Days
Day hiking near KathmanduChampadevi: Roughly 2300 meters in elevation the pilgrimage includes a trip to both an important…
Duration: 1 Day
Balthali Village hiking TourBalthali Village is a small authentic village just 40km away from Kathmandu. The area surrounding…
Duration: 3 Days
Yoga Ayurveda & Spa
Dhampus Day Hike
Pulchowki Hiking in Kathmandu
Karnali River RaftingThe Karnali, known as one of the strongest and most beautiful rivers in the region…
Duration: 10 Days
- The increasing popular Trisuli River offers views of farming valleys and large gorges with regions…
- Champadevi: Roughly 2300 meters in elevation the pilgrimage includes a trip to both an important…
- Balthali Village is a small authentic village just 40km away from Kathmandu. The area surrounding…
- Meditation has steadily gained popularity over the last decade resulting in numerous centers throughout Kathmandu.…
- Dhampus Day hike is the best things to do if you are free for a…
- Situated at an elevation of 2782 meters this is the highest southern hill in the…
- Naudanda Hiking is an interesting hiking trail around Pokhara and us manager this trip on…
- The Karnali, known as one of the strongest and most beautiful rivers in the region…
- Sport fishing, like hunting receives little attention in Nepal as few Nepalese pursue this leisure…