Duration: 5 Days
The 5-day Bhutan tour is best for those with limited time who want a more thorough trip to see everything the cities of Paro and Thimphu have to offer while incorporating trips to Punakha and Wangduephodrang to create a more complete trip. We will spend our time visiting all the highlights of these charming cities combining aspects of traditional culture, spirituality and history in one package.
- Destination: Bhutan
- Activities: Tours
- Duration: 1 - 7 Days
- Region: Thimpu, Paro, Punakha & Wangduephodrang
- Best Season: Spring / Summer / Autumn
- Group Size: 02+ Pax
Day 1 Arrival in ParoAfter arriving from your scenic mountain flight to Para, you will be greeted by a friendly representative of Good Karma Trekking who will take you to the capital city of Thimphu. During the evening, we will organize a welcome diner and drinks and you will have plenty of time to enjoy the bustling night streets and get a first look at the traditional architecture of the quaint capital city.
Day 2 Paro to Punakha and ThimphuAfter morning breakfast at the hotel will we travel to the historic Thimphu Valley to visit the well-preserved medieval fort of Trashichhoedzong, which serves as the home to the royal family and government, as well as the spiritual leaders of the country in the monastery complex. We then visit the arts and crafts school to learn about the traditional preparation of clothing, thangka paintings and handicrafts that have been passed down for generations. We then continue to the Textile and Folk Heritage Museum to learn about the preservation of local culture and custom in Bhutan. After lunch, we move to the handicrafts emporium to explore the bustling market and admire the local craftsmanship before going to the Memorial Chorten erected to promote peace and harmony in the region. Finally we drive to Punakha stopping to view to Dochula Pass before resting for the evening.
Day 3 Punahkha to Paro via MangduephodrangWe will visit the historical Punakha Dzong situated on two peaceful rivers, which has protected the area from invaders since the 17th century. Serving as the regional capital and a monastery, this fort has a long history and has been frequently restored due to its strategic importance. We then move to Wangdiphodrang to visit the local fort and traditional market known for its stone carvings and bamboo crafts. After a traditional lunch, we pass through the Dochula Pass to visit the Simtokha Dzong to visit the Buddhist school before returning to Paro for the evening.
Day 4 ParoAfter breakfast we will take a 3-hour morning hike to visit the holy Taktsang Monastery. The peaceful hike offers some stunning views of the city and surrounding lowland. After resting at the viewpoint we continue to the actual monastery to learn more about the religious practices of the region while observing the daily life and practices of the local monks. This “tiger nest” monastery is one of the holiest in the region and a popular attraction for both locals and tourists alike. We will then hike back to Paro taking time to explore the charming city before returning to the hotel for the evening.
Day 5 DepartureDepending on your flight time you may be able to see a few more attractions before departing approximately 3 hours before the scheduled flight time. You will be escorted to the airport with a representative from Good Karma trekking staff. After our farewells, you will have plenty of time to plan your next adventure with Good Karma, as one time is never enough.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car / van / bus (all airport transfers).
- Standard government approved accommodation (in twin share rooms) for the duration of tour.
- licensed English speaking Bhutanese Tour Guides.
- All Monument /Museum sightseeing tours, entrance Fees as per itinerary.
- All meals fixed breakfast, lunch & dinner with Tea and Coffee while remaining in Bhutan
- Government Royalty (which is 35% of $250) this goes to the country's health & education projects.
- Private Transport & Driver within Bhutan. (Imported Prado's, Micro Buses & Toyota Coaster Buses)
- Toyota 4 X 4 luggage vans & light trucks for group travel
- All our government taxes.
- Tourist service charge, vat.
- Official expense
- Bhutan Visa Fees and Visa Processing assistance
- Bottled/alcoholic/cold drinks, room service and al a cart meals.
- Your travel insurance (compulsory).
- International airfares and airport departure tax.
- Photography charges (if and when applicable).
- Items of a personal nature such as laundry.
- Personal Equipment.
- Tips to guides, restaurants, hotel lobby. (Tipping is expected.)
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.
Day hiking near KathmanduChampadevi: Roughly 2300 meters in elevation the pilgrimage includes a trip to both an important…
Duration: 1 Day
Pulchowki Hiking in Kathmandu
Balthali Village hiking TourBalthali Village is a small authentic village just 40km away from Kathmandu. The area surrounding…
Duration: 3 Days
Champadevi Day HikeThe Champadevi is located at an elevation of 2285m southwest of Kathmandu and It is…
Duration: 1 Day
- Adventure Himalayan helicopter flight over the Himalayas is a unique and adventurous way to see…
- Champadevi: Roughly 2300 meters in elevation the pilgrimage includes a trip to both an important…
- Situated at an elevation of 2782 meters this is the highest southern hill in the…
- Nepal serving as the nexus of Buddhist and Hindu culture and traditions makes an ideal…
- Volunteering in Nepal creates a mutually beneficial and rewarding experience for everyone involved. Although a…
- .We have major destination covered including kathmandu , Pokhara Chitwan , Lumnini, Nagarkot and many…
- Sport fishing, like hunting receives little attention in Nepal as few Nepalese pursue this leisure…
- Balthali Village is a small authentic village just 40km away from Kathmandu. The area surrounding…
- The Champadevi is located at an elevation of 2285m southwest of Kathmandu and It is…