Duration: 20 Days
One of the most adventurous treks in the most popular trekking destination in Nepal and maybe the world awaits. We will cross glaciers, traveling along untouched holy lakes, visit the Everest Base Camp, experience the mysterious Sherpa culture while soaking up the peaceful hospitality of the Khumbu Region. Crossing the Renjo La and Cho La passes are the experience of a lifetime offering unbelievable panoramic views of the most scenic and intimidating mountains in the region. Learn the mysteries of the Sherpa culture and try to spot a Yeti and you follow in the footsteps of famous mountaineers like Sir Edmund Hillary and take your hiking passion to the next level.
- Destination: Nepal
- Activities: Trekking
- Duration: 14 - 21 Days
- Region: Everest
- Best Season: Spring / Summer / Autumn
- Group Size: 02+ Pax
Day 1 Arrival in KathmanduUpon your arrival to the airport, you will be greeted by the friendly Good Karma Trekking staff who will escort you to your accommodation in Kathmandu. After settling in and exploring the streets of Thamel, we will arrange a special welcome diner featuring local specialties to introduce you to the city and the Good Karma team.
Day 2 Kathmandu SightseeingToday we will take a tour featuring the highlights of Kathmandu including several UNESCO world heritage sites such as Durbar Square and Pashupati temple before visiting Sqayambhunath, and Buddha Nath, which is one of the largest Buddhist stupas in the world. After lunch, we will hold a briefing with your trekking guide addressing any questions or concerns you may have about your trip.
Day 3 Kathmandu to LuklaWe will take a scenic flight offering view of tremendous mountain peaks before arriving in Lukla, which serves as the gate to Everest. After meeting our team, we will trek through Lukla to Phakding with an optional trip to a near by monastery for those interested.
Day 4 Phakding to Namche BazaarToday features a relaxing hike with several river crossings as we pass through Jorsale into Sagarmatha National park before arriving in Namche Bazaar. Namche Bazaar offers excellent views of Kwangde Peak, Kusum Kangaru, Mt. Everest, Lhotse and Tawache as well as several other notable Kumbu peaks and mountainsn.
Day 5 Acclimatization Day at Namche BazaarIn order to prevent altitude sickness, we will spend the day either taking a short hike to Thame or exploring the charming town of Namche Bazaar. The optional trek takes us to Sagarmatha National Park, which offers insight into the history and the Sherpa culture and mountaineering in the Khumbu Region. Upon return to Namche Bazaar, you can wander the prosperous trading town and explore its famous markets while enjoying several modern shops and restaurants or visiting the famous night market.
Day 6 Namche Bazzar to ThameWe start with a short uphill climb past a monastery as we enjoy the views of Konge Ri, Khumbi Yul and Kusum Kanguru nestled amongst peaceful rivers before passing through a forest and arriving at the village of Phorte. We then continue through Samde before bassing a bridge and arriving in Thame.
Day 7 Thame to LungdengWe will continue back through the Bhote Kosi Valley before turning towards a quiet route to LungDeng. The quiet town is home offers spectacular timeless views of Thamserku, Kantega and Ama Dablam.
Day 8 Lungdeng to Yak Kharka CampThe path from LungDengg passes up along a chorten on top of a ridge before rising and falling through small peaceful towns offering panoramic views of some of the Himalayan Giants. We will then continue along the rhododendron-covered trail before reaching the historic Yak Kharka Camp.
Day 9 Yak Kharka Camp to Renjo PassWe will continue along a moss encrusted pass on a tranquil hike up to the Renjo Pass offering terrific views of the surrounding regions. We will continue past the crystal clear Gokyo Lakes and continue along the 2nd lake before reaching the peaceful town of Gokyo offering some of the most peaceful and scenic views of the entire Khumbu Regio
Day 10 Rest day at GokyoToday is another acclimatization day spent enjoying the lakes around the region with an opportunity to climb Gokyo Ri depending on the weather. Gokyo Ri offers views of all 6 lakes of Gokyo as well as the best views of Everest, Lhotse and Makulu. This is an ideal place to watch the sunrise over the Himalayas before returning back to Gokyo for some must needed rest.
Day 11 Gokyo to Gokyo RiWe leave Gokyo village along a ridge, which takes us along the Ngozumpa Glacier transcending to the other side of the mountain. As we climb down to Thaknak, we enjoy timeless views of Cho Oyu and Gokyo Ri nestled in the Himalayan panorama.
Day 12 Thaknak to Dzongla and Chola passWe will continue up the valley toward Chola while enjoying multiple panoramic views of the Himalayas. After we the Chola pass we will descend to the peaceful village of Dzongla where we will stay the night.
Day 13 Dzongla to LobucheWe continue from Dzongla across a bridge and through as grassy trail offering views of the Olbuche peak. After passing through a ridge, we can see the mountains of Ama Dablam, Kangtega, Thamserki and Taboche. We will then continue along the winding trail until we reach Lobuche.
Day 14 Lobuche to Gorak ShepPassing through the lateral moraine of the Khumbu Glacier, we will continue on to Kala Patthar, which offers an excellent vantage point and is a perfect rest stop. We continue our ascent for a few hours before reaching Kala Patthar, which is home to full panoramic views of the Himalayan range.
Day 15 Gorakshep to PhericheAn early morning climb to Kala Patthar to enjoy the sunset followed a relaxing descent to the town of Periche. This moon light morning hike is the experience of a lifetime and offers the best views the Everest region has to offer. We will stay the night in the windy town of Periche.
Day 16 Pheriche to TyangbocheWe will pass through the highest settlement in the region through the town of Pangboche before reaching the peacefull village of Tyangboche. This town is home to the largest monastery in the region and makes for a great evening of exploration.
Day 17 Tyangboche to Namche BazaarWe continue down a steep trail along the Dudh Kosi River through a region famous for wildlife including goats, leopards and pheasants. We will pass the army base of Namche before continue back to the Bazaar for a much earned night of rest and relaxation.
Day 18 Namche Bazzar to LuklaWe continue down a steep trail through rocky terrain through the same path we took previously while enjoying contrasting views of the other side of the Himalayan Range. Passing through a series of small villages we will see prayer stones and flags along the way before our arrival in Lukla.
Day 19 Lukla to KathmanduWe will fly back to Kathmandu where you can relax in the hotel or continue to explore the city. Today is a great time to do some shopping or exploring the countless temples and markets of the city. We will meet for a celebration diner during the evening to mark the completion of your journey.
Day 20 DepartureToday, a Member of the Good Karma team will escort you to the airport for your flight. After saying our farewells you will continue on your journey with fond memories of you adventure in Nepal.
- Airport pick up & Transfer to hotel
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis (Tourist Standard Hotel to Five Star deluxe Hotel in Kathmandu as you prefer)
- Government license holder Trekking Guide.
- Trekking porter /Sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking.
- Three time meal during the trekking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Trekker’s Information Management system (TIMS)
- Everest Conservation area fee
- Kathmandu- Lukla – Kathmandu Round Trip Flight Ticket .
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, Good Karma Trekking duffel bag, t-shirt, and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion)&( optionally if you have your own bags, down jackets and wants to use your own you are free to bring them)
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- Trekking guide and porters accommodation, fare, meal, equipments and salary & Insurance
- All program as mentioned in itinerary.
- Government Tax and office service charge.
- Welcome Dinner
- Airport drop
- Nepal Visa fee
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, Soft drinks such as cola, , shower & any Purely personal nature expenses etc)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Tips for guides and porters
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
Sun Koshi River RaftingBoasting warm water, the Sun Koshi is know for its foamy water and narrow canyons…
Duration: 10 to 11 Days
Dhampus Day Hike
Seti River RaftingThe warm and welcoming Seti River is excellent for a more relaxed rafting experience for…
Duration: 2 Days
Shivapuri Hiking in KathmanduLocated north of Kathmandu at an elevation of 2563 meters, Shivapuri is the 2nd highest…
Duration: 1 Day
- Meditation Centers Meditation has steadily gained popularity over the last decade resulting in numerous centers…
- Boasting warm water, the Sun Koshi is know for its foamy water and narrow canyons…
- Dhampus Day hike is the best things to do if you are free for a…
- Well known as one of the most popular hiking roots in Nepal, this 3 day…
- Volunteering in Nepal creates a mutually beneficial and rewarding experience for everyone involved. Although a…
- The latest adrenaline cocktail of choice is Canyoning, an activity that involves abseiling, sliding, jumping,…
- Ticketing for transportation including flights and buses varies from international norms and online bookings are…
- The warm and welcoming Seti River is excellent for a more relaxed rafting experience for…
- Located north of Kathmandu at an elevation of 2563 meters, Shivapuri is the 2nd highest…