The 4-day Bhutan tour is best for those who want a thorough trip to see everything the cities of Paro and Thimphu have to offer while spending more time in the heritage area Paro Thimpu & tigernest and to create a complete trip offering greater understanding of the local culture and way of life. We will spend our time visiting all the highlights of these charming cities combining aspects of traditional culture, spirituality and history in a thorough rewarding package.
- Destination: Bhutan
- Activities: Tours
- Duration: 1 - 7 Days
- Region: Bhutan
- Best Season: Spring / Summer / Autumn
- Group Size: 02+ Pax
Day 1 Day 01: Arrival at Paro (By Druk air) – Transfer to Thimphu.The flight into Paro on our national carrier, Druk Air, is a befitting introduction to the spectacular beauty of our country. In clear weather, magnificent views of the world’s highest peaks give way to the lush green Paro valley as you land. First gift from Bhutan will be the cool, clean fresh air as you step out of the plane. After clearing customs and visa control you will be brief by our guide and transferred to Paro town for lunch. After lunch, we will visit Ta Dzong, an ancient watchtower that is now known as the National Museum (converted in 1968). The museum boasts antique thangka, textiles, weapons and armor, household objects and rich assortment of natural and historic artifacts. We will also visit the Rimpung Dzong, built in the 17th century to defend the valley against Tibetan invaders. The Dzong is now used as an administration centre and school for monks. We then depart for Thimphu, the modern capital of Bhutan. The drive will take around 1.5hours. Thimphu has a population of about 100,000. The town is made up of just three lines of shops and is the only capital in the world without traffic lights. Later in the evening visit Handicrafts Emporium, this has all types of Bhutanese handicrafts for sale. Dinner and overnight at hotel.
Day 2 Day 02: Thimphu Sightseeing – Paro.After breakfast drive to visit National Memorial Chorten with its golden spines shining in the sun, its tinkling bells built in honor of third King of Bhutan, Jigme Dorji Wangchuck. Institute of Traditional Medicine, where old healing arts such as acupuncture and herbal remedies are still practiced. Also visit the Folk Heritage Museum, which is dedicated to connecting people to the Bhutanese rural past through exhibition of items and artifacts used in rural households, Textile Museum, where the art of traditional weaving is still kept alive and preserved through exhibition and has a good collection of old textiles which are rich in its color and design. One can also visit the Buddha point one of the biggest statue and Motithang Mini-Zoo (home of the bizarre Takin, the national animal). Visit the Weekly Outdoor Market, if it falls on (Friday, Saturday & Sunday), where everyone goes to buy fruits and vegetables, rice, grains, chilies and other fresh foods. The crowded stalls offer many colorful local items such as yak tail dusters, butter tea cups, turquoise from Nepal and Tibet and musical instrument. Later drive back to Paro via confluence. Dinner and overnight at hotel.
Day 3 Hike to Taktsang Monastery.in the morning we drive to the base camp of Taktsang to start the hike up to the Taktsang monastery (Tiger’s nest). The hike up to the cafeteria will take around 2 hrs. At the view point, you will enjoy the stunning view of the monastery, where Guru Padmasambhava landed on the back of a tigress in the 8th century. We then walk back to the road point and drive to the winding road to the Drukgyal Dzong, the ruined fort, which was once defended this valley from Tibetan invasions, and also visit a Bhutanese farm house of a local family at Drukgyal for a close up view of everyday Bhutanese life. Later drive to visit Kyichu Lhakhang, one of the oldest temples in Bhutan. In the evening take a walk around the main street of Paro’s main shopping district. Dinner and overnight at hotel
Day 4 Paro – Depart (By Druk Air)Day 04: Paro – Depart (By Druk Air)
After breakfast your representative will help you with the exit formalities and bid you farewell and wish you happy journey back home.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car / van / bus (all airport transfers).
- Standard government approved accommodation (in twin share rooms) for the duration of tour.
- licensed English speaking Bhutanese Tour Guides.
- All Monument /Museum sightseeing tours, entrance Fees as per itinerary.
- All meals fixed breakfast, lunch & dinner with Tea and Coffee while remaining in Bhutan
- Government Royalty (which is 35% of $250) this goes to the country's health & education projects.
- Private Transport & Driver within Bhutan. (Imported Prado's, Micro Buses & Toyota Coaster Buses)
- Toyota 4 X 4 luggage vans & light trucks for group travel
- All our government taxes.
- Tourist service charge, vat.
- Official expense
- Bhutan Visa Fees and Visa Processing assistance
- Bottled/alcoholic/cold drinks, room service and al a cart meals.
- Your travel insurance (compulsory).
- International airfares and airport departure tax.
- Photography charges (if and when applicable).
- Items of a personal nature such as laundry.
- Personal Equipment.
- Tips to guides, restaurants, hotel lobby. (Tipping is expected.)
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.
Karnali River RaftingThe Karnali, known as one of the strongest and most beautiful rivers in the region…
Duration: 10 Days
Pharping Asura Cave meditation day tour
Yoga Ayurveda & Spa
Balthali Village hiking TourBalthali Village is a small authentic village just 40km away from Kathmandu. The area surrounding…
Duration: 3 Days
Bhote Koshi River RaftingThe Bhote Koshi offers spectacular views of valleys and gorges while offering many challenging rapids…
Duration: 1 to 2 Days
Kaligandaki River RaftingLocated in the Upper Mustang region the Kaligandaki lies between the Dhaulagiri and Annapurna ranges…
Duration: 3 Days
Sunrise in Nagarkot with HikingOur company offers Nagarkot Sunrise and Hike every day from Kathmandu, The Nagarkot view point…
Duration: 1 Day
- Adventure Himalayan helicopter flight over the Himalayas is a unique and adventurous way to see…
- The Karnali, known as one of the strongest and most beautiful rivers in the region…
- Are you looking for meditation day tour in Kathmandu? Join retreat program in the sacred…
- Meditation has steadily gained popularity over the last decade resulting in numerous centers throughout Kathmandu.…
- Well known as one of the most popular hiking roots in Nepal, this 3 day…
- Balthali Village is a small authentic village just 40km away from Kathmandu. The area surrounding…
- The Bhote Koshi offers spectacular views of valleys and gorges while offering many challenging rapids…
- Located in the Upper Mustang region the Kaligandaki lies between the Dhaulagiri and Annapurna ranges…
- Our company offers Nagarkot Sunrise and Hike every day from Kathmandu, The Nagarkot view point…