Duration: 10 Days
Featuring the charming lower altititude regions of the Bhutanese countryside, the Samtengang trek is known for providing the best nature experience without ascending to higher altitudes. Starting in Punakha we will travel to Teki Zampa through a subtropical area passing along countless tranquil streams and dense mystical forests as we cross ancient bridges to reach our destination. Immerse your self in the well preserved cultural of this spiritual region as you learn first hand the customs and traditions of a wide range of local people and ethnic groups along the way.
- Destination: Bhutan
- Activities: Trekking
- Duration: 7 - 14 Days
- Region: Bhutan
- Best Season: Spring / Summer / Autumn
- Group Size: 02+ Pax
Day 3 Paro to ThimphuWe will take a scenic morning drive to Thimphu passing along the powerful Pa-Chu and Wangchu Rivers. We will stop to visit the memorial chorten shrine dedicated to King Jigme Dorji Wangchuk, which serves a place for locals to atone for their sins and pay respect to the gods. After taking some time to explore the scenic capital city, we will return to the hotel for the evening.
Day 4 Thimphu to PunakhaWe will depart early to drive to Dochula to have breakfast in one of the most pristine vantage points of the eastern Himalayas offering panoramic views of many of the regions giant peaks. We then continue to Punakha to visit the legendary Punakha Dzong known for its unmatched beauty intricacy and location along the Pho-Chu an Mo-Chu Rivers. Finally we move to Nyzergang to visit the spiritual Khamsum Yuelly Namgyal Temple before traveling to Punahka for the night.
Day 5 Punakha to LimukhaWe take an early drive to Punakha Dzong to begin our trek with a peaceful hike along a ridge passing through a dense forest. We will stop to visit the traditional village of Dompo-la to learn more about the local customs before making camp for the night to enjoy the clear star filled sky.
Day 6 Limukha to ChungsakhaWe will continue through a rhododendron-encrusted oak forest that serves as a traditional route for the local people. We then pass through the famous Drukpa Kunley Lhakhang before making camp for a relaxing evening.
Day 7 Bhungsakha to SamtengangWe continue through the forest until we reach the Sha Wangdue district. We will stop to visit a small traditional village to admire to traditional architecture, dress and customs before continuing to Samtengang Lake where we will make camp for the evening.
Day 8 Samtengang to Chhuzomsa and WangdueWe descend to reach a main road and drive to Wangduephodrang to enjoy lunch at our hotel. You have to choice to rest and explore the town, visit Wangdue Dzong or hike the legendary Monastery of the Divine Mad Man to learn more about the religious practices of the area.
Day 9 Wangdue to Paro Via ThimphuWe take an early morning ride to Thimphu to stop for lunch. We will have a few hours to explore the capital city to do some souvenir shopping or appreciate the traditional architecture before taking an evening drive to Paro.
Day 10 DepartureDepending on your flight time you may be able to see a few more attractions before departing approximately 3 hours before the scheduled flight time. You will be escorted to the airport with a representative from Good Karma trekking staff. After our farewells, you will have plenty of time to plan your next adventure with Good Karma, as one time is never enough.
Day 1 Arrival at ParoAfter arriving from your scenic mountain flight to Para, you will be greeted by a friendly representative of Good Karma Trekking who will take you directly to your hotel. After you get settled in, we will take an afternoon visit to the National Museum of Bhutan known as Ta-Dzong. The museum offers tremendous insight into the tradition and history of the Bhutanese people and government as it has changed throughout the years. We then continue to the Paro Dzong which serves as the administrate center for the district to explore the beautiful architecture of the city before having welcome drink and dinner in Paro.
Day 2 Paro SightseeingAfter breakfast we will take a 3-hour morning hike to visit the holy Taktsang Monastery. The peaceful hike offers some stunning views of the city and surrounding lowland. After resting at the viewpoint we continue to the actual monastery to learn more about the religious practices of the region while observing the daily life and practices of the local monks. This “tiger nest” monastery is one of the holiest in the region and a popular attraction for both locals and tourists alike. We will then hike back to Paro taking time to explore the charming city before returning to the hotel for the evening.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car / van / bus (all airport transfers).
- Standard government approved accommodation (in twin share rooms) for the duration of tour.
- licensed English speaking Bhutanese Tour Guides.
- All Monument /Museum sightseeing tours, entrance Fees as per itinerary.
- All meals fixed breakfast, lunch & dinner with Tea and Coffee while remaining in Bhutan
- Government Royalty (which is 35% of $250) this goes to the country's health & education projects.
- Private Transport & Driver within Bhutan. (Imported Prado's, Micro Buses & Toyota Coaster Buses)
- Toyota 4 X 4 luggage vans & light trucks for group travel
- All our government taxes.
- Tourist service charge, vat.
- Official expense
- Bhutan Visa Fees and Visa Processing assistance
- Bottled/alcoholic/cold drinks, room service and al a cart meals.
- Your travel insurance (compulsory).
- International airfares and airport departure tax.
- Photography charges (if and when applicable).
- Items of a personal nature such as laundry.
- Personal Equipment.
- Tips to guides, restaurants, hotel lobby. (Tipping is expected.)
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.
Nagarkot Dhulikhel HikingThis 3 day 2-night trek offers a chance to combine Nagarkot and Dhulikhel which are…
Duration: 3 Days
Seti River RaftingThe warm and welcoming Seti River is excellent for a more relaxed rafting experience for…
Duration: 2 Days
Trishuli River RaftingThe increasing popular Trisuli River offers views of farming valleys and large gorges with regions…
Duration: 1 to 3 Days
Karnali River RaftingThe Karnali, known as one of the strongest and most beautiful rivers in the region…
Duration: 10 Days
Pulchowki Hiking in Kathmandu
- Well known as one of the most popular hiking roots in Nepal, this 3 day…
- Hurtling down dirt roads on a mountain bike is a popular activity for adventure seekers…
- This 3 day 2-night trek offers a chance to combine Nagarkot and Dhulikhel which are…
- The warm and welcoming Seti River is excellent for a more relaxed rafting experience for…
- The increasing popular Trisuli River offers views of farming valleys and large gorges with regions…
- The Karnali, known as one of the strongest and most beautiful rivers in the region…
- Situated at an elevation of 2782 meters this is the highest southern hill in the…
- Adventure Himalayan helicopter flight over the Himalayas is a unique and adventurous way to see…
- Overview Despite its spectacular mountain views and picturesque villages, Kakani is a part of Nepal…