Duration: 1 Day
Shivapuri situated at an altitude of 2563m north of Kathmandu is second highest hill around Kathmandu valley, after the famous Phulchowki hill. In this hill is located the Bagdwar, source of Holy River Baghmati and is the biggest water supply to the Kathmandu valleys increasing population. We drive for about 45 minutes to Budhanilkantha Temple, one of the temples with biggest statue of Lord Vishnu sleeping in the ocean bed which lies 8 kms north of Kathmandu. From Budhanilkantha we walk through Shivapuri conservation area. This is the Government protected forest where over 500 species of vegetation are found. We start our hike from the southern boundary of the area where the army check post is located.
Nagi Gumpa situated at an altitude of 2330m north of Kathmandu and above Budhanilkantha Temple is only Monastery for the Nuns where about 200 Nuns practice Buddhism and foreigners often come there for meditation. It is a steep uphill hike through narrow and dusty trail for about half an hour and two hours gradual uphill trail to Shivapuri.
After lunch and strolling around from sometimes, we take a short cut downhill trail to Budhanilkantha for about and half hours and drive back to Kathmandu.
- Destination: Nepal
- Activities: Hiking
- Duration: 1 - 7 Days
- Group Size: 02+ Pax
- Private drinks
- bar bills
Meeting & Conference
Shivapuri Hiking in KathmanduLocated north of Kathmandu at an elevation of 2563 meters, Shivapuri is the 2nd highest…
Duration: 1 Day
Dhampus Day Hike
- Paragliding is perhaps the most rewarding of short duration adventure sports given the fact that…
- Good Karma Trekking organize meeting and conference in major city of Nepal like Kathmandu Pokhara…
- Ticketing for transportation including flights and buses varies from international norms and online bookings are…
- Naudanda Hiking is an interesting hiking trail around Pokhara and us manager this trip on…
- Overview Despite its spectacular mountain views and picturesque villages, Kakani is a part of Nepal…
- Hurtling down dirt roads on a mountain bike is a popular activity for adventure seekers…
- Public transportation in Nepal can be very stressful and hectic and many may wish to…
- Located north of Kathmandu at an elevation of 2563 meters, Shivapuri is the 2nd highest…
- Dhampus Day hike is the best things to do if you are free for a…