Duration: 3 Days
The 3-day tour is ideal for those looking to learn more about the culture and traditions of Bhutan in a short time. Explore the mysterious capital city of Thimphu while learning about the royal family, monks and local handicrafts while spending a night in the 2 most interesting cities in Bhutan.
- Destination: Bhutan
- Activities: Tours
- Duration: 1 - 7 Days
- Region: Thimpu & Paro
- Best Season: Spring / Summer / Autumn
- Group Size: 02+ Pax
Day 1 Arrival at ParoAfter arriving from your scenic mountain flight to Para, you will be greeted by a friendly representative of Good Karma Trekking who will take you to the capital city of Thimphu. During the evening, we will organize a welcome diner and drinks and you will have plenty of time to enjoy the bustling night streets and get a first look at the traditional architecture of the quaint capital city.
Day 2 Thimphu to ParoWe will begin the morning exploring the quirky city home to the Bhutanese royal family and administrative capital of the country. After breakfast we will drive to Trashichhoedzong, which is a traditional fort and monastery serving as the home to the royal family and local monks. We will take time to visit both aspects of the dzong learning about the traditional dynasty and the life of the spiritual monks daily life in the monastery. We then move to the memorial chorten built to promote world peace, harmony and prosperity as well as honoring the royal family. Finally, after lunch we visit the Folk and Textile Heritage museum to learn more about traditional Bhutanese culture and family life while learning about how their traditional handicrafts are made.
We then take a scenic ride back through the Paro valley stopping to visit Ta Dzong, which has protected the region from foreign invaders for centuries. We will continue down a peaceful hillside trail to visit Rinpung Dzong to learn more about the military in Bhutan before spending the evening exploring the cultural highlights of Paro.
Day 3 DepartureDepending on your flight time you may be able to see a few more attractions before departing approximately 3 hours before the scheduled flight time. You will be escorted to the airport with a representative from Good Karma trekking staff. After our farewells, you will have plenty of time to plan your next adventure with Good Karma, as one time is never enough.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car / van / bus (all airport transfers).
- Standard government approved accommodation (in twin share rooms) for the duration of tour.
- licensed English speaking Bhutanese Tour Guides.
- All Monument /Museum sightseeing tours, entrance Fees as per itinerary.
- All meals fixed breakfast, lunch & dinner with Tea and Coffee while remaining in Bhutan
- Government Royalty (which is 35% of $250) this goes to the country's health & education projects.
- Private Transport & Driver within Bhutan. (Imported Prado's, Micro Buses & Toyota Coaster Buses)
- Toyota 4 X 4 luggage vans & light trucks for group travel
- All our government taxes.
- Tourist service charge, vat.
- Official expense
- Bhutan Visa Fees and Visa Processing assistance
- Bottled/alcoholic/cold drinks, room service and al a cart meals.
- Your travel insurance (compulsory).
- International airfares and airport departure tax.
- Photography charges (if and when applicable).
- Items of a personal nature such as laundry.
- Personal Equipment.
- Tips to guides, restaurants, hotel lobby. (Tipping is expected.)
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.
Shivapuri Hiking for Nagi GumpaShivapuri situated at an altitude of 2563m north of Kathmandu is second highest hill around…
Duration: 1 Day
Pulchowki Hiking in Kathmandu
Karnali River RaftingThe Karnali, known as one of the strongest and most beautiful rivers in the region…
Duration: 10 Days
Yoga Ayurveda & Spa
Sunrise in Nagarkot with HikingOur company offers Nagarkot Sunrise and Hike every day from Kathmandu, The Nagarkot view point…
Duration: 1 Day
Seti River RaftingThe warm and welcoming Seti River is excellent for a more relaxed rafting experience for…
Duration: 2 Days
- Shivapuri situated at an altitude of 2563m north of Kathmandu is second highest hill around…
- Ever since Eric Valli published a book and made a film on Honey Hunting, it…
- Sport fishing, like hunting receives little attention in Nepal as few Nepalese pursue this leisure…
- Situated at an elevation of 2782 meters this is the highest southern hill in the…
- The Karnali, known as one of the strongest and most beautiful rivers in the region…
- Meditation has steadily gained popularity over the last decade resulting in numerous centers throughout Kathmandu.…
- Nepal serving as the nexus of Buddhist and Hindu culture and traditions makes an ideal…
- Our company offers Nagarkot Sunrise and Hike every day from Kathmandu, The Nagarkot view point…
- The warm and welcoming Seti River is excellent for a more relaxed rafting experience for…