Duration: 16 Days
A unique cultural tour combining three of the most mysterious and secluded regions in the Himalayas, we are proud to offer a combination of Tibet, Nepal and the Bhutan for a once in a lifetime experience. We will explore the power of Mount Everest, the secluded mystery of Tibet and the timeless traditions practiced in the Bhutan as we explore monasteries, ancient architecture and traditional cultures while admiring the awe-inspiring beauty of the Himalayas. Revisit the past as you experience the unaltered traditions of remote villages and temples of numerous unique ethnic groups as you immerse yourself in the lives and culture of some of the worlds most hospitable and spiritual people.
- Destination: Nepal
- Activities: Tours
- Duration: 14 - 21 Days
- Region: Nepal, Tibet & Bhutan
- Best Season: Spring / Summer / Autumn
- Group Size: 02+ Pax
Day 1 Arrive in Kathmandu [1300 m/4264 ft] Upon your arrival in the Kathmandu airport (TIA), you will be greeted by a representative from the Good Karma Trekking team holding a sign with your name in the parking lot. After a brief introduction, you will be escorted to your hotel. After check in, and welcome drinks you will be free to explore around the backpacker haven of Thamel.
Day 2 Kathmandu [1300 m/4264 ft]Today after breakfast we will start a guided tour to several of the most historical and spiritual attractions in Kathmandu including Durbar Square, and Pashupati temple that are both Unesco World Heritage Sites. You will also visit the famous 'Monkey Temple' (Swayambunath) and Buddhists shrine (Buddha Nath) that is one of the large Stupas in the world. Afterwards, you will meet with your trek leader for a briefing and a short question and answer section about your trip. You will also have time to shop for any additional trekking equipment with staff assistance if needed.
Day 3 Flight to LhasaWe will take a scenic mountain flight to Lhasa to meet our native Tibetan guide while taking time to explore the ancient and well-preserved capital city of Tibet. Lhasa is situated at the base of Mount Gephel and remained secluded from the world for centuries serving as the traditional home to the Dalai Lama. Highlights include to Potala palace located on Red Hill, The Jokhang Temple, Norbulingka Palace and the Sera Monastery.
Day 4 Sightseeing in LhasaToday we will visit the Potala Palace before traveling to the spiritual Sera Monastery to see the daily life of the Tibetan Monks. We will continue to the 1,400-year-old Jokhang temple regarded as the holiest site in Lhasa viewing the Kora temple nestled along the stream of humanity. We will spend the evening exploring the traditional market square having a meal of traditional Tibetan food while enjoying cultural music and dances that have been passed down for centuries.
Day 5 Sightseeing in LhasaWe will visit the traditional Drepung Monastery known as one of the most important spiritual locations in the region before stopping at the traditional medicine hospital of Mentsekhang. We will spend the afternoon unlocking the mysteries of the Norbulingkga Palace before a free evening to continue your immersion into the Tibetan way of life.
Day 6 Yamdok Tsho LakeWe will take a scenic drive to view the pristine and timeless Yamdrok Tso Lake located roughly 30 minutes from Lhasa. We will hike across the Yralung Tsangpo river and climb along the Kamba La Pass offering excellent views of the crystal clear turquoise lake. Yamdok Tsho is known as the holiest lake in Tibet and is often visited by pilgrims and nomads looking to complete their spiritual journey while enjoying sights of Mt. Nojin Kangtsang.
Day 7 Flight to KathmanduWe return to Kathmandu on a scenic trans-Himalayan flight offering sights of countless pristine mountain peaks, small villages and terraced rice fields.
Day 8 Kathmandu to PokharaWe will take another short but breathtaking flight to the charming lakeside town of Pokhara offering views of over 8,000 mountains towering below.
Day 9 Pokhara SighseeingThe morning offers an optional paragliding experience to fly across the hills outside of Pokhara soaking in the regional landscapes as you soar with eagles. We will then continue by visiting the Mahendra cave, Tibetan refugee camps, the International Mountain Museum, the Shang Gadhen Choekorling Monastery and the scenic peace pogoda located on a lakeside hill offering views of the mountains reflected in the tranquil Phewa Lake.
Day 10 Pokhara to kathmandu We will spend the morning in Pokhara before returning to Kathmandu to spend the evening exploring the backpacker haven of Thamel before taking time to explore any places of interest.
Day 11 Fly to Paro and drive to ThimpuWe will take a flight to Paro to visit the National Museum before continuing to Thimphu to explore during the evening.
Day 12 Thimphu SightseeingWe will visit the exquisite National Library home to an impressive collection of ancient Buddhist scriptures before continuing to the Folk and Heritage Museum displaying the life of the traditional Bhutanese people through the ages. After lunch we will visit the King’s Memorial Stupa, the Handmade Paper Factory and the painting school, which preserves traditional paintings and handicrafts. We will finish the day with a visit to Tashichhdodzong which serves as the office for the King and Government of Bhutan and is home to many local crafts and souvenirs for sale to tourists and locals.
Day 13 Thimphu to Punakha ThimpuWe move to the Dochula Pass on the way to Punakha for the famous views of the Eastern Himalayas home to the highest point of Bhutan. We will make a trip to visit the temple of the divine madman famous for enhancing fertility among visitors. We will take a short walk through the traditional rice fields before continuing to Punakha Dzong nestled in the peaceful Pho Chu and Mo Chu rivers prior to our return to Thimpu.
Day 14 Thimphu to ParoWe will drive to Paro to trek to the Takstanng Monastery known as the Tiger’s Lair. This is the most famous location in Bhutan and we will travel uphill either by foot or on horseback to reach the monastery. We will take time to explore the beauty of the architecture and surroundings before returning to Paro for our last evening in Bhutan.
Day 15 Paro to KathmanduWe will return on a short flight to Kathmandu for a free afternoon followed by a cultural performance and farewell diner to celebrate your journey.
Day 16 DepartureDepending on your flight time you may be able to see a few more attractions in Kathmandu before departing approximately 3 hours before the scheduled flight time. You will be escorted to the airport with a representative from Good Karma trekking staff. After our farewells, you will have plenty of time to plan your next adventure in Nepal with Good Karma, as one time is never enough.
- Private Arrival & Departure transfers on both domestic and international flights.
- Hotel Accommodation in Nepal,Tibet and Bhutan twin share bed/Single and breakfast basis as per the itinerary. (While making inquiry for the tour plz mention the Hotel category which you prefer?)
- Full board meals while in Bhutan (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner).
- Welcome / fare - well dinner in Kathmandu,
- The sightseeing city tour with world heritage entrance fees
- All Domestic flights and airport tax as listed in the itinerary.
- Daily breakfast in the hotel in Tibet Nepal but full meals in Bhutan.
- All ground transfers and sightseeing by Private Land cruiser in Tibet and Private car in Nepal.
- English speaking local guides.
- Sightseeing admission fees.
- Tibet Permit,Tibet Visa,Bhutan permit Bhutan visa.
- Nepal entry Visa fees, Your travel insurance of any kind
- International Airfare and Airport Tax
- Lunch and Dinner except mentioned except in Bhutan,
- All Drinks and main meals in cities.
- Tips and Items of personal expenses like hot shower, battery charge, Telephone, beverage drinks etc.
- Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, tipping, laundry, phone etc.
- Extra expenses due to nature and unforeseen events such as flight delay, cancellation, trip interruption due to inclement weather, civil unrest etc.
- Emergency medical transportation.
- Travel insurance.
- International air fares.
- International fares are quoted separately.
Naudanda & Sarankot Day HikePokhara is surrounded by verdant hills and traditional villages offering stunning views of the Himalayan…
Duration: 6-7 hours
Day hiking near KathmanduChampadevi: Roughly 2300 meters in elevation the pilgrimage includes a trip to both an important…
Duration: 1 Day
Balthali Village hiking TourBalthali Village is a small authentic village just 40km away from Kathmandu. The area surrounding…
Duration: 3 Days
Sunrise in Nagarkot with HikingOur company offers Nagarkot Sunrise and Hike every day from Kathmandu, The Nagarkot view point…
Duration: 1 Day
Sun Koshi River RaftingBoasting warm water, the Sun Koshi is know for its foamy water and narrow canyons…
Duration: 10 to 11 Days
Dhampus Day Hike
Bhote Koshi River RaftingThe Bhote Koshi offers spectacular views of valleys and gorges while offering many challenging rapids…
Duration: 1 to 2 Days
- Pokhara is surrounded by verdant hills and traditional villages offering stunning views of the Himalayan…
- Champadevi: Roughly 2300 meters in elevation the pilgrimage includes a trip to both an important…
- Balthali Village is a small authentic village just 40km away from Kathmandu. The area surrounding…
- Our company offers Nagarkot Sunrise and Hike every day from Kathmandu, The Nagarkot view point…
- Sport fishing, like hunting receives little attention in Nepal as few Nepalese pursue this leisure…
- Boasting warm water, the Sun Koshi is know for its foamy water and narrow canyons…
- Dhampus Day hike is the best things to do if you are free for a…
- Overview Despite its spectacular mountain views and picturesque villages, Kakani is a part of Nepal…
- The Bhote Koshi offers spectacular views of valleys and gorges while offering many challenging rapids…