Duration: 18 Days
The remote Manang Valley nestled in the far east of the Annapurna Region remains a popular salt and Yak trading post near the Tibetan border. This protected region only open to trekkers since the 70’s is blessed with beautiful mounts, valleys, rivers and charm providing insight into Tibetan culture and society. Highlights include Pisang peak, the Chulu Range, Gangapurna, Tilicho Peak, Kangaru Peak and Throng Peak each offering their own unique vantage point to absorb the beautiful sights of the region. An area of great biodiversity including fertile fields with local wild flowers and remote desert like areas, this is a perfect trek for anyone looking to see all the terrain Nepal has to offer. Enjoy the mystical and serene Manang village home to the highest freshwater lake in the world while immersing you self in a new culture among some of the most elusive mountains in the world.
- Destnation: Nepal
- Activities: Trekking
- Duration: 14 - 21 Days
- Region: Annapurna
- Max. Altitude: 3000 m
- Best Season: Spring / Summer / Autumn
- Group Size: 02+ Pax
Day 1 Arrive in Kathmandu [1300 m/4264 ft] Upon your arrival in the Kathmandu airport (TIA), you will be greeted by a representative from the Good Karma Trekking team holding a sign with your name in the parking lot. After a brief introduction, you will be escorted to your hotel. After check in, and welcome drinks you will be free to explore around the backpacker haven of Thamel.
Day 2 Kathmandu [1300 m/4264 ft]Today after breakfast we will start a guided tour to several of the most historical and spiritual attractions in Kathmandu including Durbar Square, and Pashupati temple that are both Unesco World Heritage Sites. You will also visit the famous 'Monkey Temple' (Swayambunath) and Buddhists shrine (Buddha Nath) that is one of the large Stupas in the world. Afterwards, you will meet with your trek leader for a briefing and a short question and answer section about your trip. You will also have time to shop for any additional trekking equipment with staff assistance if necessary.
Day 3 Trip to BhulbhuleToday we will take a scenic drive through the Kathmandu valley to the town of Benshisabar. We will then begin our gentle hike to the town of Bulbhule where we will spend the night.
Day 4 Bhulbhule to BahundandaWe begin our trek today passing through the lower areas of the Mustang Region offering views of peaceful terraced farming fields and friendly local people along the way. We will arrive in the scenic and relaxed village of Bahundanda in the evening.
Day 5 Bahundanda to ChamieToday we continue to ascend and descend along a peaceful trail offering several serene vantage points along the way. We will pass by a stunning waterfall with crystal clear untouched waters before arriving in Chamie.
Day 6 Chamie to DharapaniWe continue the trail uphill past several traditional Tibetan villages. After a rest to explore the timeless traditions of the village people we will continue to Dharapani.
Day 7 Dharapani to ChameAn uphill journey takes us to the village of Chame known for its hospitality and spectacular views. This will be your first chance to take in panoramic vies of Annapurna II, III and Lamjung Himal.
Day 8 Chame to PisangA steady uphill climb takes us from Chame to altitudes over 3000 meters. You will notice the surrounding changing as natural trees and plants become more scarce as the terrain begins to shift to a drier more desert like environment.
Day 9 Pisang to GyaruThe morning begins with a challenging uphill climb bringing us to a small village known as the ultimate place to view the Annapurna Range and the Manang Valley. Enjoy your evening and catch the sunset among some the of Himalayan giants.
Day 10 Gyaru to to Manang villageWe will continue over a historic ridge before passing along a river into the valley. We will pass through the narrow alleyways of Bragga before arriving in Manang for the evening.
Day 11 Acclimatization dayToday can be spent resting or taking short hikes around the Manang Village. A famous gompa is located a short walk away and provides great insight into Tibetan culture and the lifestyle of the timeless monks.
Day 12 Trek to Tilicho Base CampWe will continue until we reach the end of the Manang valley before reaching the landmark Tilicho Base Camp, which has served as a starting point for count peak climbers and mountaineers.
Day 13 Trek to Tilicho LakeWe will make a roundtrip journey to the peaceful and serene Tilicho Lake famous for being the highest fresh water lake on earth. A strenuous day offering panoramic views that will leave you tired but rewarded.
Day 14 Trek to Manang or HumdeToday we will continue back to either Manang or Humde depending on your preference. This will be our last day of trekking and will be a cause for celebration upon our arrival.
Day 15 Flight to PokharaWe will take a short but scenic morning flight over the regions we have previously trekked to the peaceful lakeside town of Pokara. Day 16: Free day in Pokhara.
Day 16 Return to KathmanduToday we will take a 6-hour bus trip back to Kathmandu leaving you plenty of time to explore or relax in the evening.
Day 17 Free day in KathmanduExplore the busting spiritual capital of Nepal in anyway you like. Wander the streets of Thamel collecting souvenirs or local clothes. Take a local massage or travel to any of the wonderful temples and stupas the city has to offer. The choices are unlimited and we will meet for a farewell dinner in the evening to celebrate our trip.
Day 18 DepartureDepending on your flight time you may be able to see a few more attractions in Kathmandu before departing approximately 3 hours before the scheduled flight time. You will be escorted to the airport with a representative from Good Karma trekking staff. After our farewells, you will have plenty of time to plan your next adventure in Nepal with Good Karma, as one time is never enough.
- Airport pick up & Transfer to hotel
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis (Tourist Standard Hotel to Five Star deluxe Hotel in Kathmandu as you prefer )
- Government license holder Trekking Guide.
- Trekking porter /Sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking.
- Three time meal during the trekking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Trekker’s Information Management system (TIMS)
- Annapurna Conservation Fee
- Overland Transportations Bus ,car, & flights as you prefer
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, Good Karma Trekking duffel bag, t-shirt, and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion)&( optionally if you have your own bags, down jackets and wants to use your own you are free to bring them)
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- Trekking guide and porters accommodation, fare, meal, equipments and salary & Insurance
- All program as mentioned in itinerary.
- Government Tax and office service charge.
- Welcome Dinner
- Airport drop
- Nepal Visa fee
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, Soft drinks such as cola, , shower & any Purely personal nature expenses etc)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Tips for guides and porters
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
- City Tour entrance fees in Kathmandu and Pokhara while entering Temple and Monastery
Nagarkot Dhulikhel HikingThis 3 day 2-night trek offers a chance to combine Nagarkot and Dhulikhel which are…
Duration: 3 Days
Karnali River RaftingThe Karnali, known as one of the strongest and most beautiful rivers in the region…
Duration: 10 Days
Kaligandaki River RaftingLocated in the Upper Mustang region the Kaligandaki lies between the Dhaulagiri and Annapurna ranges…
Duration: 3 Days
- Adventure Himalayan helicopter flight over the Himalayas is a unique and adventurous way to see…
- This 3 day 2-night trek offers a chance to combine Nagarkot and Dhulikhel which are…
- Sport fishing, like hunting receives little attention in Nepal as few Nepalese pursue this leisure…
- Ever since Eric Valli published a book and made a film on Honey Hunting, it…
- Nepal serving as the nexus of Buddhist and Hindu culture and traditions makes an ideal…
- Well known as one of the most popular hiking roots in Nepal, this 3 day…
- Meditation Centers Meditation has steadily gained popularity over the last decade resulting in numerous centers…
- The Karnali, known as one of the strongest and most beautiful rivers in the region…
- Located in the Upper Mustang region the Kaligandaki lies between the Dhaulagiri and Annapurna ranges…