Duration: 25 Days
Nestled peacefully in the area between the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri Ranges this relatively remote and unexplored peak makes for a perfect way to escape passing through small towns as the nature transforms from grassy lowlands to the stunning icy peak of Tukuche. Explore the hidden valley as you trek and see the highlights of the range making your way to the mysterious and elusive peak as you immerse yourself in natural beauty and the cultural diversity of the range. The Tukuche Peak climb is perfect for experienced climbers looking to summit a technically challenging peak.
- Destnation: Nepal
- Activities: Peak Climbing
- Duration: 21 + Days
- Region: Annapurna & Dhaulagiri
- Best Season: Spring / Summer / Autumn
- Group Size: 02+ Pax
Day 1 Arrival in KathmanduUpon your arrival to the airport, you will be greeted by the friendly Good Karma Trekking staff who will escort you to your accommodation in Kathmandu. After settling in and exploring the streets of Thamel, we will arrange a special welcome diner featuring local specialties to introduce you to the city and the Good Karma team.
Day 2 Kathmandu SightseeingToday we will take a tour featuring the highlights of Kathmandu including several UNESCO world heritage sites such as Durbar Square and Pashupati temple before visiting Sqayambhunath, and Buddha Nath, which is one of the largest Buddhist stupas in the world. After lunch, we will hold a briefing with your trekking guide addressing any questions or concerns you may have about your trip.
Day 3 Fly to Pokhara and sightseeingWe will take a scenic morning flight from Kathmandu to Pokhara passing over the scenic greenery of the Valley before passing the stunning Annapurna range and arriving in the peaceful lakeside town of Pokhara. We will spend the day visiting the local heritage museum, hill top peace pagoda and the local waterfalls before spending the night exploring the relaxed peaceful streets during the evening.
Day 4 Fly to Jomson and trek to MarphaWe will take another scenic morning flight to the administrative town of Jomson and begin our trek towards the town of Marpha. The trail starts downhill along a peaceful river leading through the valley. We will continue past the traditional Syang Village and rest for the night at Marpha taking time to learn more about the local way of life.
Day 5 Acclimatization day at MarphaTo protect against altitude sickness, we will take an acclimation day where you are free to relax with the locals or take a few short hikes to admire the local scenery and learn more about the life of the local hill people.
Day 6 Trek to Yak KharkaAfter breakfast, we will continue along the scenic trail slowly rising above the tree line on the way to Yak Kharka. We will pass along traditional terraced agriculture fields before crossing around the mountain and making camp under the stars at Yak Kharka.
Day 7 Acclimatization day at Yak KharkaAs we make a steep ascent the previous day we will take a precautionary rest day at Yak Kharka. We will arrange a few relaxed hikes to scenic vantage points offerings some timeless views of the surrounding mountains towering above the valley scenery.
Day 9 Trek ato Tukuche Peak Base CampWe will take a short hike to reach the base camp to make preparations for our peak attempt. Upon arrival at the camp, we can organize a short but scenic excursion or you can rest for the challenging climbs that await in the coming days.
Day 10 Climbing preparationWe will spend the day practicing our mountaineering skills to make sure everyone is confortable before our peak attempt. We will also take a short hike to a scenic ridge offering views of the surrounding peaks before returning to base camp for the night.
Day 11 Base Camp to High CampWe will spend the day trekking up to the high base camp familiarizing ourselves with the difficult trail. To allow for proper acclimatization, we will return back to the base camp for another night of rest.
Day 12 Base Camp to High CampWe will make the same trip as yesterday without the return trip. We will make a slow and steady ascent to protect the lungs from the thin air before taking a long rest during the evening at High Camp.
Day 13 High Camp to Peak CampWe repeat the process we took from base camp to high camp traveling up to the high peak camp during the morning to return back to high camp for the night. Although this seems unnecessary, the air lacks oxygen and these precautions are essential to prepare you body for the conditions of high elevations.
Day 14-20 Route fixing and summit climbWe will make a plan to summit the peak considering the prevailing weather conditions and fitness of the group. After we fix our route, we will hike towards the summit making several trips up the mountain followed by returns to lower elevations as we slowly make our way up the mountain towards the peak. Finally, we will make our ascent to Tukhuche Peak using our crampons, ropes and axe to safely climb our way to the peak. Upon arrival we will enjoy the timeless panoramic views from what seems like the top of the world. We continue back down to base camp where we will continue our trek.
Day 22 Trek to MarphaWe continue along our snowy path on a long descent towards Marpha. We will cross the scenic Thapa Pass before continuing along a relatively flat trail leading to yak Khara where we will rest for lunch. We continue to Marpha as the scenery slowly shifts from barren snow mountains to grassy lowlands in the Valley near Marpha.
Day 23 Trek to JomsomWe will move along he valley before reaching the provincial capital of Jomsom. The town is known for its Thakali people and their ancient culture and traditions. We will spend the evening visiting the Ecological Museum of Jomson to learn more about the traditional culture and local flora and fauna found in the valley.
Day 24 Jomsom to Kathmandu via Pokhara We will return along the short 35-minute flight route to Pokhara. You will be able to spot some of the villages you hiked through on your flight as we return to the lakeside town of Pokhara before continuing on to Kathmandu.
Day 25 DepartureDepending on your flight time you may be able to see a few more attractions in Kathmandu before departing approximately 3 hours before the scheduled flight time. You will be escorted to the airport with a representative from Good Karma trekking staff. After our farewells, you will have plenty of time to plan your next adventure in Nepal with Good Karma, as one time is never enough.
- All airport/hotel transfers
- Guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu
- Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu flight and departure taxes
- Accommodations in Kathmandu in Breakfast and Bed basis (Plz let us know what category hotels do you prefer)
- Teahouse/Lodge and tented accommodation during trekking and climbing session
- Three times meals in Mountain: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner,
- All ground transportation as per the itinerary program by private vehicles
- All necessary staffs with experienced English speaking climbing and trekking leader (guide), cook, assistant climbing leader, Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter), other helpers as per requirement for the climbing section including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- All necessary paper works; trekking permits & Climbing permits
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, Good Karma Trekking duffel bag, t-shirt, and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion or if you have your own and wants to bring you are also welcome .)
- Group Mountaineering climbing and camping equipment for climbing part high quality North Face or Mountain Hardware tents for camping and kitchen, dining, toilet tents, mattresses, kitchen equipments
- Travel and rescue arrangements
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- Exclusive Medical Kit Bag
- All government and local taxes
- Nepal Visa fee
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Altitude chamber (PAC) or oxygen
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu(and also in the case of early return from mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottled or boiled water, shower, heater, etc.)
- Tips for guides and porters
Bhote Koshi River RaftingThe Bhote Koshi offers spectacular views of valleys and gorges while offering many challenging rapids…
Duration: 1 to 2 Days
Marshyangdi River RaftingMarshyvangdi is an excellent aventure packed trip offering very steep and challenging rapids along the…
Duration: 3 Days
Day hiking near KathmanduChampadevi: Roughly 2300 meters in elevation the pilgrimage includes a trip to both an important…
Duration: 1 Day
Sarankot Dhampus HikingThis 3 day 2 night hiking trip is a Nepalese classic. The path passes through…
Duration: 5 Days
Sun Koshi River RaftingBoasting warm water, the Sun Koshi is know for its foamy water and narrow canyons…
Duration: 10 to 11 Days
Trishuli River RaftingThe increasing popular Trisuli River offers views of farming valleys and large gorges with regions…
Duration: 1 to 3 Days
- The Bhote Koshi offers spectacular views of valleys and gorges while offering many challenging rapids…
- Marshyvangdi is an excellent aventure packed trip offering very steep and challenging rapids along the…
- Champadevi: Roughly 2300 meters in elevation the pilgrimage includes a trip to both an important…
- Paragliding is perhaps the most rewarding of short duration adventure sports given the fact that…
- This 3 day 2 night hiking trip is a Nepalese classic. The path passes through…
- Boasting warm water, the Sun Koshi is know for its foamy water and narrow canyons…
- Ever since Eric Valli published a book and made a film on Honey Hunting, it…
- Sport fishing, like hunting receives little attention in Nepal as few Nepalese pursue this leisure…
- The increasing popular Trisuli River offers views of farming valleys and large gorges with regions…