Duration: 13 Days
Situated in the beautiful Langtang region north of Kathmandu, Yara Peak is considered one of the easier but still beautiful mountain peaks that requires no previous mountaineering experience. We will take a timeless trek through the Langtang Mountains making non-technical climbs on the way to the peak. Travel to the edge of the Tibetan border and get your first peak climbing experience in the bauty of the Himalayas using an ice pick and your own strength. The trip is highlighted with the panoramic peak views of Langtang and the greater Himalayan Range that makes for a once in a lifetime experience.
- Destination: Nepal
- Activities: Peak Climbing
- Duration: 7 - 14 Days
- Region: Langtang
- Best Season: Spring / Summer / Autumn
- Group Size: 02+ Pax
Day 1 Drive to DhuncheWe will take a scenic bus ride passing through traditional rice terraced fields, charming villages, powerful rivers and waterfalls on the way to the charming town of Dhunche where we will spend the night learning about the life of the local people.
Day 2 Dhunche to Syrabru Gaon We start our journey moving through a peaceful forrest along a sloped hill. We continue along a scenic ridge passing the Langtang Khola River before arriving in Syrabru Gaon. The traditional town stretched along the ridge is a great place to view the hills below before we continue to camp to catch a sunset view offering views of Langtang Lirung.
Day 3 Trek to Lama HotelThe trail begins to move down pas Syrabru back to the river before gradually rising back to the Town of Rimche. We will pass through a local bamboo forest home to red pandas, monkeys and bears before arriving in the traditional trekking town of Lama Hotel.
Day 4 Trek to Langtang Village We will continue through the forest before reaching an old army training station before continuing to a wide valley used by traditional nomadic herders. We will stop to visit a local monastery to learn more about the regional Buddhist practices before arriving in Langtang Vilage known for its traditional Tibetan architecture and stonewalls.
Day 5 Trek to kyangjinWe take a gradually rising trail through scenic yak pastures as we cross a series of rivers to reach the lateral moraine town of Kyangjin. The town is famous for its local cheese factory and scenic monastery offering views of the snow covered peaks towering in the distance.
Day 6 Rest DayWe will spend the day exploring the small town and surrounding areas. We will arrange a trip to the local cheese factory to observe the traditional preparation techniques and sample the local product before visiting the monastery in the evening to see the night routine of the local monks. We will continue to a scenic vantage point offering views of Langtang Lirung and Kyangjin Ri for a relaxing sunset.
Day 7 Trek to Yak KharkaWe continue along the scenic trail through the valley to Markhu where will we change direction and continue to the mountain town of Ganchenpo. We will take time to speak with the locals and learn more about their famous handicrafts before resting for the night.
Day 8 Trek to Yala Base CampWe will move along a slippery path composed of rocks alongside an intimidating glacier. The trail is home to several scenic vantage points offering glimpses of Ganchenpo, Naya Kang, Tserko Ri and Yala Peak.
Day 9 Yala Peak SummitWe will take a challenging morning climb that may require the used of an ice pick to reach the summit of Yala Peak. We will take time to admire the stunning panoramic view as you feel like you are on top of the world looking down on numerous Himalayan peaks and the lower valley. After lunch, we will return back to Yak Kharka carefully descending along the often-slippery trail.
Day 10 Trek to Kyangjin GompaWe will continue our descent along the same path to Kyangjim stopping to enjoy opposing views of the region.
Day 11 Trek to Lama HotelWe continue down the trail following along the Langtang Khola River past Langtang village before resting for lunch in Ghora Tabela. We will then take a relaxing walk back to Lama Hotel to rest for the evening.
Day 12 Trek to SyabrubesiWe continue along one of the more beautiful trails along a ridge offering views of the Himalayan giants towering over the lush green valley. We then continue through several charming villages as we descend to Syabrubesi home to one of the regions largest hydroelectric power plants. The town is home to the hospitable Tamang people who have adopted many of their traditions from the local Tibetan practices.
Day 13 Return to KathmanduWe will take a scenic return trip to Kathmandu where the friendly Good Karma Trekking staff will treat you to a night of traditional music, food and dancing to celebrate the completion of your trek.
- All airport/hotel transfers
- Guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu
- Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu flight and departure taxes
- Accommodations in Kathmandu in Breakfast and Bed basis (Plz let us know what category hotels do you prefer)
- Teahouse/Lodge and tented accommodation during trekking and climbing session
- Three times meals in Mountain: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner,
- All ground transportation as per the itinerary program by private vehicles
- All necessary staffs with experienced English speaking climbing and trekking leader (guide), cook, assistant climbing leader, Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter), other helpers as per requirement for the climbing section including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- All necessary paper works; trekking permits & Climbing permits
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, Good Karma Trekking duffel bag, t-shirt, and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion or if you have your own and wants to bring you are also welcome .)
- Group Mountaineering climbing and camping equipment for climbing part high quality North Face or Mountain Hardware tents for camping and kitchen, dining, toilet tents, mattresses, kitchen equipments
- Travel and rescue arrangements
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- Exclusive Medical Kit Bag
- All government and local taxes
- Nepal Visa fee
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Altitude chamber (PAC) or oxygen
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu(and also in the case of early return from mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottled or boiled water, shower, heater, etc.)
- Tips for guides and porters
Nagarkot Dhulikhel HikingThis 3 day 2-night trek offers a chance to combine Nagarkot and Dhulikhel which are…
Duration: 3 Days
Balthali Village hiking TourBalthali Village is a small authentic village just 40km away from Kathmandu. The area surrounding…
Duration: 3 Days
Kaligandaki River RaftingLocated in the Upper Mustang region the Kaligandaki lies between the Dhaulagiri and Annapurna ranges…
Duration: 3 Days
Trishuli River RaftingThe increasing popular Trisuli River offers views of farming valleys and large gorges with regions…
Duration: 1 to 3 Days
Shivapuri Hiking for Nagi GumpaShivapuri situated at an altitude of 2563m north of Kathmandu is second highest hill around…
Duration: 1 Day
Yoga Ayurveda & Spa
- Naudanda Hiking is an interesting hiking trail around Pokhara and us manager this trip on…
- .We have major destination covered including kathmandu , Pokhara Chitwan , Lumnini, Nagarkot and many…
- This 3 day 2-night trek offers a chance to combine Nagarkot and Dhulikhel which are…
- Balthali Village is a small authentic village just 40km away from Kathmandu. The area surrounding…
- Located in the Upper Mustang region the Kaligandaki lies between the Dhaulagiri and Annapurna ranges…
- Adventure Himalayan helicopter flight over the Himalayas is a unique and adventurous way to see…
- The increasing popular Trisuli River offers views of farming valleys and large gorges with regions…
- Shivapuri situated at an altitude of 2563m north of Kathmandu is second highest hill around…
- Meditation has steadily gained popularity over the last decade resulting in numerous centers throughout Kathmandu.…